+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman's World Cup

Woman's World Cup

There doesn't seem to be much interest on here if the lack of threads is anything to go by, so how many games have you watched?

Re: Woman's World Cup

zero games . nice to have a break

I watched England last night, it's very different from the men's game that's for sure, but entertaining in it's own way. I don't think it's sexist to say and I'm not going to lie, I enjoy a shapely thigh, the argies thighs have impressed me most so far, the ref in the england game yesterday was quite hot as well.

Zero games, but seen a few seconds of highlights in the news.
    Can't believe the amount of sour grapes from the jock lass and fans.
    Threw away a 3-0 lead with 20 mins to go, stonewall pelanty, keeper way off her line, so retaken.
    "Awful reffing" "Done by VAR" etc.
    Bet they'd be praising the ref and VAR if they were "the other team".

Don’t mind the women’s WC getting the coverage that it does, why would anyone?
    But I do find it hard to watch as a spectacle, especially the BBC making out certain things are world class etc.
    Maybe that’s because I’m obviously used to the men’s game but bloody hell...get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    But I do find it hard to watch as a spectacle, especially the BBC making out certain things are world class etc.
    Maybe that’s because I’m obviously used to the men’s game but bloody hell...get a grip.
    It's nowhere the quality of mens football - but what is refreshing watching it is the lack of gamesmanship and rolling around looking for fouls - they do seem to just get on with it more than the men IMO.

I thought the commentary during the mixed UNICEF game last week was a bit patronising at times.

The women playing were internationals and were quite capable of stringing a few passes together without it requiring gushing praise.

As for the games I find some entertaining and others not so much. Bit like men’s football.

As said before the BBC have an agenda to push the women's game to cover for all the men's football they've lost. Get used to them gushing about women's football.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    As said before the BBC have an agenda to push the women's game to cover for all the men's football they've lost. Get used to them gushing about women's football.
    It does all seem rather forced and feels like the BBC are making a disproportionately big thing out of it.

I wonder if BT Sport or Sky bid for the rights? 🤔

ZERO

Anybody watching? Reckon it could all kick-off this half.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Anybody watching? Reckon it could all kick-off this half.
    More drama.

Be hillarious if Cameroon come back and win this one. Shame their goal was ruled out. What a finish

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    More drama.

Be hillarious if Cameroon come back and win this one. Shame their goal was ruled out. What a finish
    Belter wasn't it. That looked very close even on VAR.

Im hearing England are getting the calls, no surprise there then, hope the wheels turn later on in the comp but I wont hold my breath.
    I thought VAR was for clear and obvious mistakes ?, things are compounded by football laws in recent years being bad, offside should be offside, handball should be handball, the grey areas around offside and handball are to the advantage of the big countries and big teams more often than not.

Echo's of England v Cameroon in 1990 when England had most of the 50-50 decisions, Cameroon were the better team that night on the balance of play, Lineker 'won' and scored two penalties if I remember right.

I enjoyed that, chances at both ends

Entertaining game but pretty farcical and not a good advert for the women's game.

I've been keeping an eye on it. It's OK. A couple of things I've noticed are that teams keep on attacking instead of trying to kill a game off, the tackling is pretty weak, and players seem to fade badly towards the end of the game. But it's entertaining enough. Yesterday's Australia/Norway game was pretty exciting. It's getting network coverage over here. Every game live. Not sure it would be the same if the games kicked off at night.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on it. It's OK. A couple of things I've noticed are that teams keep on attacking instead of trying to kill a game off, the tackling is pretty weak, and players seem to fade badly towards the end of the game. But it's entertaining enough. Yesterday's Australia/Norway game was pretty exciting. It's getting network coverage over here. Every game live. Not sure it would be the same if the games kicked off at night.
    But womens 'soccer' is much bigger in the US than here isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But womens 'soccer' is much bigger in the US than here isn't it?
    It is. I'm sure the fact that the USA is favorite to win it helps too.

What is world class in the women's game is obviously going to be different to the men's game

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much interest on here if the lack of threads is anything to go by, so how many games have you watched?
    Can't watch it, not very good with any ladies sport ,doesn't float my boat ( at least i'm honest )..

They should experiment with shortening the women's game to 70 or 80 minutes.

Such a harsh penalty given against Japan