+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: War in Iran??

Re: War in Iran??

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is another straight from the Iraq playbook of bullshit.

Do you think bombing the **** out of a place helps with an "authoritarian regime"?
    Who bombed what? I must have missed it

President Trump said the U.S. military was “cocked and loaded” for a strike against Iran but he called it off when told 150 people would die.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/u...an-attack.html

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Exactly. Look where Iraq got us.
    If Trump wants to bomb an authoritarian regime he ought to start with his friends in Saudi.
    His friends?

BAE financials yesterday, did you see how much %age of turnover and profit the Saudi brigade contributed towards BAE and the UK balance of payments ?, I worked on the Tornado
    contract BAE & Saudi did back in the 80's, it was known then it was crooked AF, sweeteners from the company I worked for at the time were plentiful to MOD staff, wasn't even hidden back then. But then again I got to work in Saudi, every cloud, silver lining not really it's a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    His friends?

BAE financials yesterday, did you see how much %age of turnover and profit the Saudi brigade contributed towards BAE and the UK balance of payments ?, I worked on the Tornado
    contract BAE & Saudi did back in the 80's, it was known then it was crooked AF, sweeteners from the company I worked for at the time were plentiful to MOD staff, wasn't even hidden back then. But then again I got to work in Saudi, every cloud, silver lining not really it's a shithole.
    A little birdie told me a few senior Tories also had their fingers in the pie indirectly.

****ing hell lucky Holmes and Watson have uncovered that the UK have a relationship with Saudi Arabia, get onto the papers lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A little birdie told me a few senior Tories also had their fingers in the pie indirectly.
    I was small fry (still am) MOD small fry were treated very nicely, lord knows what the Gentlemen were getting!!!

****ing hell lucky Holmes and Watson have uncovered that the UK have a relationship with Saudi Arabia, get onto the papers lads.

Gezza needed reminding

If you're so smart, name names or STFU, cos you ain't adding anything to the conversation

International

It was the hawks in the Pentagon who wanted the strike and it was Trump that stopped it before it started. I'd say that was a pretty good sign, given his perceive lunacy!!!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It was the hawks in the Pentagon who wanted the strike and it was Trump that stopped it before it started. I'd say that was a pretty good sign, given his perceive lunacy!!!
    “We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone. It would have made a big, big difference,” Trump said.

Oh...kay then 😕

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    “We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone. It would have made a big, big difference,” Trump said.

Oh...kay then ��
    I can understand that the way he sees it, it would have. He may be a lot of things but he is certainly pro-USA to the detriment of everything else.

Heisenberg

I can understand that the way he sees it, it would have. He may be a lot of things but he is certainly pro-USA to the detriment of everything else.
    A man or woman in the drone...

I repeat... IN the drone.

Fair play if you can understand that.

To me, it appears as though the leader of the free world doesn't know what a f**king drone is.

To me, it appears as though the leader of the free world doesn't know what a f**king drone is.
    I know what droning on is, and for some reason you were the first thing that came to mind

There is also a lot of stuff going on geopolitically, for example the trade dispute between China and the US, so with the Strait of Hormuz closed it puts China at a disadvatage since the US is now energy independent. Coincidentally, both countries will meet at the G20 next week with a trade deal on the agenda, so the current situation in the Gulf very much favours the US.
    All the pro Iranians will soon start moaning when they close the straights of Hormuz and send oil prices over the hill effecting petrol prices and thier lives.

Lets not kid ourselves when Iran prop up Hamas and Hezbollah,PLO there not doing it out of love ,its hatred , why are they camped in Syria ??

Once again the denial team are up and running , its almost as if they watch the world and can only see one view a very blinkered one at that .

Bloody region is lead by evil people who have little care for thier own , no democracy , just torture ,imprisonment and mediveal laws.

Yes the USA and UK have thier nasty agendas, but at least their own people can
    practice (freely ) thier choice of religion, woman have rights, children have access to broader education
    LBGT communities don,'t have to suffer persecution.
    People don't get stoned to death .
    Folk dont lose their limbs for theft crime .
    Females dont suffer genital mutilation.

I could go on for hours listing thier mediveal practices .

Barbaric nutters,

Thier yours to love, crack on.

Oh...kay then ��
    It's a factual statement mate, there was no man or woman in the drone. I just asked 3 people, and 2 of them didn't even know that large military drones were flown remotely. The relevant information in that statement is that there were no US casualties. Maybe you are just too clever, even for yourself

Heisenberg

It's a factual statement mate, there was no man or woman in the drone. I just asked 3 people, and 2 of them didn't even know that large military drones were flown remotely. The relevant information in that statement is that there were no US casualties. Maybe you are just too clever, even for yourself
    They're drones!

Your defence of Trump knows no bounds. It's cute.

International

No need to repeat it. I can read . But he obviously meant it would be a different response I'd the had taken down a manned flight. It is that interpretation I was referring to when I said I could understand his response given his US first rhetoric. To suggest he meant it literally is taking people's attitude to him a little far.

If you're so smart, name names or STFU, cos you ain't adding anything to the conversation

Was he (45) flushing out leaks with his I'm gunna attack, na I've changed my mind.

No need to repeat it. I can read . But he obviously meant it would be a different response I'd the had taken down a manned flight. It is that interpretation I was referring to when I said I could understand his response given his US first rhetoric. To suggest he meant it literally is taking people's attitude to him a little far.
    Following people around and looking for semantic ambiguities is one of Heisenburg's peculiarities. In fact, you would be very hard pressed to see him express an original opinion. I think it's happened once! Why he does it is a question for the scientists, but I reckon it is related to self-esteem issues, and a continual desire to appear clever. It just comes across as being very weird behaviour to me though

Heisenberg

Following people around and looking for semantic ambiguities is one of Heisenburg's peculiarities. In fact, you would be very hard pressed to see him express an original opinion. I think it's happened once! Why he does it is a question for the scientists, but I reckon it is related to self-esteem issues, and a continual desire to appear clever. It just comes across as being very weird behaviour to me though
    I think I touched a nerve

Reports indicate Iran's air force has been placed on its highest state of readiness.

I.jpg

You are really calling out other posters for 'weird behaviour'?

Seriously?

My flabber has never been more gasted!

Heisenberg

My bad, I didn't realise that you read it and still thought he was speaking metaphorically.

Watch the footage of him saying it and then tell me he wasn't speaking literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Was he (45) flushing out leaks with his I'm gunna attack, na I've changed my mind.
    Need more info, who was pushing for the strikes, etc.. It could even be part of a bigger game, with the China trade negotiations coming up next week. The Chinese economy is already feeling the heat due to US tarrifs and companies pulling out. If their flow of oil is disrupted they will be in more trouble. However, I fully expect the US to negotiate mutually beneficial trade deals with China, North Korea & Iran, but they may need a bit of gentle persuasion first.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You are really calling out other posters for 'weird behaviour'?

Seriously?

My flabber has never been more gasted!
    You're two minutes late, I was sure you would show up before 8pm!