+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Field

Mark Field

I have mentioned this before on this MB, a good number of years ago, it was the last time City played at Highfield road, some of my extended family are Cov supporters, I got my Brother in law a ticket in with our lot and we went to the game from the midlands using the bus service, on our way back to Hinckley the bus stopped in, I think it was Bedworth bus station, whilst the bus was stationary a bit of a commotion occurred outside the bus, a guy started kicking phuck out of someone else after a short time and whilst no one did anything the aggressor started stamping on the head of the chap being attacked, again no one did anything, I was with my brother in law and my son in law, and just said i cannot watch this, got off the bus and put myself in between the two fellas, I'm no fighter but once I stepped in the aggressor stopped the attack, I assisted the victim onto the bus and made sure he was OK, the aggressor then decided he wanted a bit more, came onto the bus and started again, with the bus driver this was quickly stopped and the aggressor removed from the bus, the bus continued peacefully to Hinckley.

(a) the aggressor alleged that the victim had assaulted his wife in the library.
    (b) The victim never said thank you.
    (c) I had no idea what the truth was.

I have like most I would guess, have seen the Mark Field incident via TV coverage and it did kinda bring back what had happened in my situation, the majority just sat gorping, Field, certainly MAN handled her IMO, but possibly justified in this instance?, she shouldn't have been there, could have been concealing. taking more than a blink of a second to assess the situation might have been a second too late.

I'm not sure i would step into a situation in current times.

Heisenberg

Re: Mark Field

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have mentioned this before on this MB, a good number of years ago, it was the last time City played at Highfield road, some of my extended family are Cov supporters, I got my Brother in law a ticket in with our lot and we went to the game from the midlands using the bus service, on our way back to Hinckley the bus stopped in, I think it was Bedworth bus station, whilst the bus was stationary a bit of a commotion occurred outside the bus, a guy started kicking phuck out of someone else after a short time and whilst no one did anything the aggressor started stamping on the head of the chap being attacked, again no one did anything, I was with my brother in law and my son in law, and just said i cannot watch this, got off the bus and put myself in between the two fellas, I'm no fighter but once I stepped in the aggressor stopped the attack, I assisted the victim onto the bus and made sure he was OK, the aggressor then decided he wanted a bit more, came onto the bus and started again, with the bus driver this was quickly stopped and the aggressor removed from the bus, the bus continued peacefully to Hinckley.

(a) the aggressor alleged that the victim had assaulted his wife in the library.
    (b) The victim never said thank you.
    (c) I had no idea what the truth was.

I have like most I would guess, have seen the Mark Field incident via TV coverage and it did kinda bring back what had happened in my situation, the majority just sat gorping, Field, certainly MAN handled her IMO, but possibly justified in this instance?, she shouldn't have been there, could have been concealing. taking more than a blink of a second to assess the situation might have been a second too late.

I'm not sure i would step into a situation in current times.
    What the ever living f**k has the situation you described got to do with someone grabbing a woman by the throat who was walking past his dinner table - who then continued to aggressively remove her (again, by grabbing her around her neck) from the location?

There's no correlation at all. You may have your opinion on what happened but there's no similarity to what you just espoused.

Nelson is too modest to say, but everyone spontaneously cheered and applauded him. Two strangers started hugging.

Given what I read about the incident yesterday morning, I was expecting to see something a lot more aggressive from Field when I eventually saw the video of it. Perhaps he could have achieved what he did in a slightly more restrained manner, but you have to look at in the context of there being a disturbance going on and it was probably still not clear whether the protesters has any intention of using violence.

On the other hand, I must say I've noticed a tendency from some MPs to look at things in military terms in the Brexit debate in particular with occasional references to them being willing to resort to violence to achieve their ends - almost without fail, these MPs have been Conservatives and I do think there are a few of them who see themselves as some sort of vigilante against the forces of "evil".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given what I read about the incident yesterday morning, I was expecting to see something a lot more aggressive from Field when I eventually saw the video of it. Perhaps he could have achieved what he did in a slightly more restrained manner, but you have to look at in the context of there being a disturbance going on and it was probably still not clear whether the protesters has any intention of using violence.

On the other hand, I must say I've noticed a tendency from some MPs to look at things in military terms in the Brexit debate in particular with occasional references to them being willing to resort to violence to achieve their ends - almost without fail, these MPs have been Conservatives and I do think there are a few of them who see themselves as some sort of vigilante against the forces of "evil".
    Would milkshake throwers , and Jo Brand slip into this category, and those black comments aimed at people like Luciana Berger about ?

In my view its everywhere the right by far the worse with the new left catching up.

Good job John Prescott landed a punch on a bloke ( which was great )

His son however is another piece of work
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41912847

And two years alter young David is still there ,I'm its a misunderstanding

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...my-corbyn-over

Then you have Boris the serial the alleged abuser .

Having attended a few union /labour conferences in my long past time its not that overly friendly environment, and those after parties, well !!!!!!!!!

Its everywhere at least the the alleged right wing bias media is reporting right and left wing indiscretions .

If these folk were in Iran , Russia and China , they would be promoted to generals by now

A couple of stories in the news this week of a certain type of English people in rural Wales, the family in North Pembrokeshire escaping English riots looking for the 'Good Life' and the Greenpeace woman living in Powys from Lancashire.

There are loads of these Green, vegan, middle class drop outs seeking the 'good life' in rural Wales - there are always problems with mass immigration, in Wales they call it white flight but are they affecting Welsh election results is the question ?, the incomers to the towns etc are a totally different breed mind, the World is indeed getting smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    A couple of stories in the news this week of a certain type of English people in rural Wales, the family in North Pembrokeshire escaping English riots looking for the 'Good Life' and the Greenpeace woman living in Powys from Lancashire.

There are loads of these Green, vegan, middle class drop outs seeking the 'good life' in rural Wales - there are always problems with mass immigration, in Wales they call it white flight but are they affecting Welsh election results is the question ?, the incomers to the towns etc are a totally different breed mind, the World is indeed getting smaller.
    Cleansing is what we need ,must make our lands free again .