+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Surprised no-one has mentioned this possibility...

Surprised no-one has mentioned this possibility...

....that Lee Tomlin might yet come good as a Bluebird....

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/he...-city-opinion/

and

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...erick-16460808

It speaks volumes that Tomlin appears to be in shape at this time of the season. Is it possible he finally realises that he may yet get another chance to prove all the doubters wrong? He's probably looked at our midfield situation and is thinking 'the stars are lining up for me - I'd better give it a real go this time'.

No-one doubts the man's ability, he's clever and he's got a bit of bite - qualities we've been crying out for in midfield these past few seasons. Abbandonato seems willing to give him another go. let's hope Warnock is - he bought him in the hope he would become his new Tarrabt. Wouldn't it be great if he turned out to be our new Jason Koumas?

Re: Surprised no-one has mentioned this possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ....that Lee Tomlin might yet come good as a Bluebird....

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/he...-city-opinion/

and

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...erick-16460808

It speaks volumes that Tomlin appears to be in shape at this time of the season. Is it possible he finally realises that he may yet get another chance to prove all the doubters wrong? He's probably looked at our midfield situation and is thinking 'the stars are lining up for me - I'd better give it a real go this time'.

No-one doubts the man's ability, he's clever and he's got a bit of bite - qualities we've been crying out for in midfield these past few seasons. Abbandonato seems willing to give him another go. let's hope Warnock is - he bought him in the hope he would become his new Tarrabt. Wouldn't it be great if he turned out to be our new Jason Koumas?
    Sorry, but we've had messages about how Tomlin looked in great shape on here before the season when he signed for us and then again this time last year - for me, Tomlin's problems are mental (in terms of team ethic) as well as physical and I'd play Bobby Reid or Callum Paterson in the number ten role before him.

Only been mentioned a dozen times

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry, but we've had messages about how Tomlin looked in great shape on here before the season when he signed for us and then again this time last year - for me, Tomlin's problems are mental (in terms of team ethic) as well as physical and I'd play Bobby Reid or Callum Paterson in the number ten role before him.
    I entirely agree, Paul, that his problems are in his head; I'm just saying he must recognise he's finally facing his nemesis - that no-one else is likely to take a chance on him. What option has he got but to square up and give it his best. I also accept fully that he's looked 'ready' on a number of occasions before now. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Only been mentioned a dozen times
    I thought it was more like 12 times

He needs to move down here so he can train properly throughout the season and also get away from whatever bad influences he has up there.

He’s a fantastic player, but surely he’s n last chance saloon now.

A fit Tomlin in the squad gives us something we don’t have otherwise.

Warnock’s Taarabt?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I thought it was more like 12 times
    Not if Baker posted it🤪

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yep TOBW do agree with some of your view , other than the mental issues I'd put it down to him being lazy , dont care attitude , inflated ego, no ambition as he knows he's guaranteed thousands a week ,whatever league he is in ,and he probably drinks.

I take the press and twitter images are about selling it to some other dumb club rather than rolling up ones sleeves for our club .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He needs to move down here so he can train properly throughout the season and also get away from whatever bad influences he has up there.

He’s a fantastic player, but surely he’s n last chance saloon now.

A fit Tomlin in the squad gives us something we don’t have otherwise.

Warnock’s Taarabt?
    I think last chance saloon was before he even got here.

For me it was a gamble that never paid off.

See Darcy Blake

Its all down to the gaffer,no-one else.I can't see him ever being at the same venue as the first team squad.

Piece from Daily Mail outlining how Tomlin's mental issues have always been his main problem - which some, earlier on the thread have referred to:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-torment.html

Anyone more convinced now that there's a chance we might see a different player?

Sorry, I looked but couldn't see the Mail item had already been posted

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Piece from Daily Mail outlining how Tomlin's mental issues have always been his main problem - which some, earlier on the thread have referred to:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-torment.html

Anyone more convinced now that there's a chance we might see a different player?
    Me. Although I still think he needs to move down

Those jeans though. WTF?