+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City 1970/71 - how many do you recognise?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City 1970/71 - how many do you recognise?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I found this photo online, which is basically the same one, apparently taken for the Real Madrid game in March 1971 but with coach and manager added and the players names at the bottom.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ph...Lt9qHUmQjN_BM:
    However, I now realise that it must have been taken before November 1970, as Toshack went to Liverpool then. It must be from pre-season 1970/71.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    However, I now realise that it must have been taken before November 1970, as Toshack went to Liverpool then. It must be from pre-season 1970/71.
    That's when I would say it was, but, as Binge Thinking points out, Frank Parsons and Ian Gibson, who were signed in the summer of 1970 are not in it, yet Les Lea, Frank Sharp and Fred Davies who were sold at that time are. Barrie Jones would have been in the picture if it had been taken before 69/70 because he sustained the injury which ended his career a few months into that season. My best guess is that it was taken around the time they reported back for pre season training before 70/71 at a time when the summer transfers hadn't been completed.

My favourite kit of all.
    I would love white shorts & white socks back again permanently.