+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You need to read what has been said , and refered too .
    I've read it, as have others. It looks like everyone but two has the same conclusion as me. One of those two is you and the other is the guy who made the unfounded comments.

It's obvious that he would "defend" himself. Maybe you should think a bit longer about who you line up alongside.

"But Boris was calm, and he was trying to cool things down. His partner was probably stressed out after hearing a few hours earlier that her rapist had just admitted drugging and raping 4 more girls."

"nobody actually knows what happened, which is what I have been saying all along."

"I knew you would be along to offer Bob support in his quest to declare John Worboys innocent."

"Not accusing anybody of defending anyone"

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    "But Boris was calm, and he was trying to cool things down. His partner was probably stressed out after hearing a few hours earlier that her rapist had just admitted drugging and raping 4 more girls."

"nobody actually knows what happened, which is what I have been saying all along."
    "I knew you would be along to offer Bob support in his quest to declare John Worboys innocent."

Game. Set. Match.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The 99.9% nothing happened quote was used to discredit my observations, which I felt were fairly accurate. Although the quote is correctly attributed, it is not based on fact, and it probably wasn't the best way to go about proving somebody is wrong. In hindsight, it derailed the thread, but now we are right back where we started.
    This nonsense really needs to stop - I suppose you were being "fairly accurate" with your her rapist line which I'm grateful to Veg 1960 for posting again this morning?

I found another quote from Carrie Symonds on Sunday, which you later posted on here, that I didn't post a link to because I didn't think the statement she made was as conclusive as the one I used, but she said

"I feel I would know if Worboys had raped me that night. I’d have flashbacks or there would have been horrendous tell-tale signs when I woke the next day. But I will never truly know for sure what happened after he drugged me.” in an article for the Sunday Times which is referred to here;-

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/former-t...-john-worboys/

I hesitate to use this allusion because, if you have seen the film Twelve Angry Men, I fear you'll start to see yourself as Henry Fonda to my Lee J Cobb and this could drag on for weeks, but if you were on a jury and you were faced with statements from the alleged victim saying that they were 99.9 per cent sure the offence in question had not been committed on them and another saying they felt they would know if it had been even though they cannot say for certain that it wasn't, are you seriously saying that you would be voting guilty - bearing in mind that you need to be sure beyond any reasonable doubt that the offence had been committed?

I said yesterday that, as far as I'm concerned, you crossed a line in this thread and no amount of spin, manipulation and innuendo from you will change my mind on that - from now on, I hope I can show the same amount of restraint as Cyril has done and ignore you as successfully as he has.

John Worboys: Victim Carrie Symonds' story

At the age of 19, Carrie Symonds was one of John Worboys' youngest victims.

My initial observations were based on the Telegraph article, which used the words Worboys and victim in the title and within the article, and that gave the impression that she was a victim of Worboys. The article never said anything about "99.9% nothing happened"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nds-story.html

I know exactly what I wrote, so no amount of posting selective lines out of context is going to change that. I was referring to the 99.9% nothing happened quote that two people used to prove I was wrong. It's a quote that is logically incorrect, and you have to read what I said in that context. If they were adamant I was wrong, then they must have believed the quote to be true, which would have the side-effect making Worboys innocent in their minds.

There is a lot of effort to discredit me here and nobody has said a word about the motives of the Guardian, so I reckon you are all a bunch of biased political hacks. So you can all feck off with the Cardinal Richelieu "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him" shit. You have all shown your true colours and you are only interested in playing the man and not the ball. If any of you had any balls you would be condemning the Guardian and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I said yesterday that, as far as I'm concerned, you crossed a line in this thread
    The only person who has crossed the line in this thread is Heisenburg, who has crossed the equator with his public threats. I don't see you condemning his actions and he even used your faulty justification to declare that I was wrong. So a free pass to Heisenburg and the Guardian, while you discredit the person who wouldn't join in with your attacks on Boris. That just about sums up this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The only person who has crossed the line in this thread is Heisenburg, who has crossed the equator with his public threats. I don't see you condemning his actions and he even used your faulty justification to declare that I was wrong. So a free pass to Heisenburg and the Guardian, while you discredit the person who wouldn't join in with your attacks on Boris. That just about sums up this thread!
    There is no doubt a pack mentality which losers the momentum of the arguments as it takes on a personal attack .

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Oh dear
    Yes, just some more out of context bollocks as per usual, it's all they've got. The dopey tw@t thinks he's Cardinal Richelieu

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This nonsense really needs to stop - I suppose you were being "fairly accurate" with your her rapist line which I'm grateful to Veg 1960 for posting again this morning?

I found another quote from Carrie Symonds on Sunday, which you later posted on here, that I didn't post a link to because I didn't think the statement she made was as conclusive as the one I used, but she said

"I feel I would know if Worboys had raped me that night. I’d have flashbacks or there would have been horrendous tell-tale signs when I woke the next day. But I will never truly know for sure what happened after he drugged me.” in an article for the Sunday Times which is referred to here;-

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/former-t...-john-worboys/

I hesitate to use this allusion because, if you have seen the film Twelve Angry Men, I fear you'll start to see yourself as Henry Fonda to my Lee J Cobb and this could drag on for weeks, but if you were on a jury and you were faced with statements from the alleged victim saying that they were 99.9 per cent sure the offence in question had not been committed on them and another saying they felt they would know if it had been even though they cannot say for certain that it wasn't, are you seriously saying that you would be voting guilty - bearing in mind that you need to be sure beyond any reasonable doubt that the offence had been committed?

I said yesterday that, as far as I'm concerned, you crossed a line in this thread and no amount of spin, manipulation and innuendo from you will change my mind on that - from now on, I hope I can show the same amount of restraint as Cyril has done and ignore you as successfully as he has.
    One of my all-time favourite films. The tension is palpable, compounded by the setting, the heat/humidity/thunderstorms - some classic performances especially from Fonda and Cobb! (Sorry to go off topic BTW!).

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    One of my all-time favourite films. The tension is palpable, compounded by the setting, the heat/humidity/thunderstorms - some classic performances especially from Fonda and Cobb! (Sorry to go off topic BTW!).
    It's a welcome diversion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes the film was a smouldering brooding epic.
    Along with Cape Fear the original one

And Clockwork Orange left profound thoughts with me as a youngster .