Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 114 of 114

Thread: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

  1. #91
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was the person who posted the link on here to the 2009 story you say I ignored .

    I don't know why you are arguing with me about that quote, you should be telling the person who said it that she's wrong because you know better than her.
    I didn't say she was wrong, I just highlighted earlier conflicting events, and like I said the 99.9% quote first showed up in 2018, and it lacks context. I looked but can't find anything else besides that quote in isolation. I may change my opinion if something else turns up, but that still doesn't explain the police report which claimed possible drugging and assault. Why report something if you were 99.9% sure it never happened?

  2. #92

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Interesting how different Wales Bales sees it when a woman accuses Trump of sexual assault (22 so far).

  3. #93

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I didn't say she was wrong, I just highlighted earlier conflicting events, and like I said the 99.9% quote first showed up in 2018, and it lacks context. I looked but can't find anything else besides that quote in isolation. I may change my opinion if something else turns up, but that still doesn't explain the police report which claimed possible drugging and assault. Why report something if you were 99.9% sure it never happened?
    Contemporaneous and Contextual including the 99% quote. I can't believe you used this thread to suggest that a couple of decent people who were legitimately challenging your assertions were doing so because they were rapist apologists. I thought you were better than that and made me come out of self-imposed retirement to ask you to reflect on whether you have pushed things too far.

    Yours in hope

    Cyril

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7935385.stm

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...er-sex-attacks

  4. #94
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Contemporaneous and Contextual including the 99% quote. I can't believe you used this thread to suggest that a couple of decent people who were legitimately challenging your assertions were doing so because they were rapist apologists. I thought you were better than that and made me come out of self-imposed retirement to ask you to reflect on whether you have pushed things too far.

    Yours in hope

    Cyril
    Thanks for your interjection, so we are now back to nobody actually knows what happened, which is what I have been saying all along. This of course would of been on her mind on the night of argument, and could have been a factor in the disturbance. I stand by my observation that the press have used this as a political football to bash Boris, which was very wrong IMO.

    Nice to see you back, just in time for the storm, hey!

  5. #95

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thanks for your interjection, so we are now back to nobody actually knows what happened, which is what I have been saying all along. This of course would of been on her mind on the night of argument, and could have been a factor in the disturbance. I stand by my observation that the press have used this as a political football to bash Boris, which was very wrong IMO.

    Nice to see you back, just in time for the storm, hey!
    Thought you were man enough to admit that you might have over-reached yourself. Sadly just reinforced the reason why I stopped contributing.

  6. #96
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Thought you were man enough to admit that you might have over-reached yourself. Sadly just reinforced the reason why I stopped contributing.
    The 99.9% nothing happened quote was used to discredit my observations, which I felt were fairly accurate. Although the quote is correctly attributed, it is not based on fact, and it probably wasn't the best way to go about proving somebody is wrong. In hindsight, it derailed the thread, but now we are right back where we started.

  7. #97

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The 99.9% nothing happened quote was used to discredit my observations, which I felt were fairly accurate. Although the quote is correctly attributed, it is not based on fact, and it probably wasn't the best way to go about proving somebody is wrong. In hindsight, it derailed the thread, but now we are right back where we started.
    👏👍

  8. #98

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    ����
    He's accusing people of defending rapists, then avoiding retracting or apologising - and you applaud him for it?

  9. #99
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's accusing people of defending rapists, then avoiding retracting or apologising - and you applaud him for it?
    Not accusing anybody of defending anyone, just highlighting the use of a quote that had the side-effect of exonerating a perpetrator, when he was the only person who would have known what happened, and what crimes took place.

    Knowing that you can't even get a simple thing right like the Trump Russia Collusion hoax, I wouldn't expect you to grasp anything more complex that tying your own shoelaces.

    It's interesting how everybody is very keen to discredit me, but then give the Guardian a free pass, when they were the ones who published an article in which they knew one of the subjects would be under stress due to news released earlier that day. It makes me wonder how how far you would go to achieve a specific political agenda, as you certainly like to play dirty.

  10. #100

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's accusing people of defending rapists, then avoiding retracting or apologising - and you applaud him for it?
    You need to read what has been said , and refered too .

  11. #101

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You need to read what has been said , and refered too .
    I've read it, as have others. It looks like everyone but two has the same conclusion as me. One of those two is you and the other is the guy who made the unfounded comments.

    It's obvious that he would "defend" himself. Maybe you should think a bit longer about who you line up alongside.

  12. #102

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    "But Boris was calm, and he was trying to cool things down. His partner was probably stressed out after hearing a few hours earlier that her rapist had just admitted drugging and raping 4 more girls."

    "nobody actually knows what happened, which is what I have been saying all along."

  13. #103

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    "I knew you would be along to offer Bob support in his quest to declare John Worboys innocent."

    "Not accusing anybody of defending anyone"

  14. #104
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,583

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    "But Boris was calm, and he was trying to cool things down. His partner was probably stressed out after hearing a few hours earlier that her rapist had just admitted drugging and raping 4 more girls."

    "nobody actually knows what happened, which is what I have been saying all along."
    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    "I knew you would be along to offer Bob support in his quest to declare John Worboys innocent."

    "Not accusing anybody of defending anyone"
    Game. Set. Match.

  15. #105

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The 99.9% nothing happened quote was used to discredit my observations, which I felt were fairly accurate. Although the quote is correctly attributed, it is not based on fact, and it probably wasn't the best way to go about proving somebody is wrong. In hindsight, it derailed the thread, but now we are right back where we started.
    This nonsense really needs to stop - I suppose you were being "fairly accurate" with your her rapist line which I'm grateful to Veg 1960 for posting again this morning?

    I found another quote from Carrie Symonds on Sunday, which you later posted on here, that I didn't post a link to because I didn't think the statement she made was as conclusive as the one I used, but she said

    "I feel I would know if Worboys had raped me that night. I’d have flashbacks or there would have been horrendous tell-tale signs when I woke the next day. But I will never truly know for sure what happened after he drugged me.” in an article for the Sunday Times which is referred to here;-

    https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/former-t...-john-worboys/

    I hesitate to use this allusion because, if you have seen the film Twelve Angry Men, I fear you'll start to see yourself as Henry Fonda to my Lee J Cobb and this could drag on for weeks, but if you were on a jury and you were faced with statements from the alleged victim saying that they were 99.9 per cent sure the offence in question had not been committed on them and another saying they felt they would know if it had been even though they cannot say for certain that it wasn't, are you seriously saying that you would be voting guilty - bearing in mind that you need to be sure beyond any reasonable doubt that the offence had been committed?

    I said yesterday that, as far as I'm concerned, you crossed a line in this thread and no amount of spin, manipulation and innuendo from you will change my mind on that - from now on, I hope I can show the same amount of restraint as Cyril has done and ignore you as successfully as he has.

  16. #106
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    John Worboys: Victim Carrie Symonds' story

    At the age of 19, Carrie Symonds was one of John Worboys' youngest victims.


    My initial observations were based on the Telegraph article, which used the words Worboys and victim in the title and within the article, and that gave the impression that she was a victim of Worboys. The article never said anything about "99.9% nothing happened"

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nds-story.html

    I know exactly what I wrote, so no amount of posting selective lines out of context is going to change that. I was referring to the 99.9% nothing happened quote that two people used to prove I was wrong. It's a quote that is logically incorrect, and you have to read what I said in that context. If they were adamant I was wrong, then they must have believed the quote to be true, which would have the side-effect making Worboys innocent in their minds.

    There is a lot of effort to discredit me here and nobody has said a word about the motives of the Guardian, so I reckon you are all a bunch of biased political hacks. So you can all feck off with the Cardinal Richelieu "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him" shit. You have all shown your true colours and you are only interested in playing the man and not the ball. If any of you had any balls you would be condemning the Guardian and not me.

  17. #107
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I said yesterday that, as far as I'm concerned, you crossed a line in this thread
    The only person who has crossed the line in this thread is Heisenburg, who has crossed the equator with his public threats. I don't see you condemning his actions and he even used your faulty justification to declare that I was wrong. So a free pass to Heisenburg and the Guardian, while you discredit the person who wouldn't join in with your attacks on Boris. That just about sums up this thread!

  18. #108

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The only person who has crossed the line in this thread is Heisenburg, who has crossed the equator with his public threats. I don't see you condemning his actions and he even used your faulty justification to declare that I was wrong. So a free pass to Heisenburg and the Guardian, while you discredit the person who wouldn't join in with your attacks on Boris. That just about sums up this thread!
    There is no doubt a pack mentality which losers the momentum of the arguments as it takes on a personal attack .

  19. #109

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    "But Boris was calm, and he was trying to cool things down. His partner was probably stressed out after hearing a few hours earlier that her rapist had just admitted drugging and raping 4 more girls."

    "nobody actually knows what happened, which is what I have been saying all along."
    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    "I knew you would be along to offer Bob support in his quest to declare John Worboys innocent."

    "Not accusing anybody of defending anyone"
    Oh dear

  20. #110
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Oh dear
    Yes, just some more out of context bollocks as per usual, it's all they've got. The dopey tw@t thinks he's Cardinal Richelieu

  21. #111

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This nonsense really needs to stop - I suppose you were being "fairly accurate" with your her rapist line which I'm grateful to Veg 1960 for posting again this morning?

    I found another quote from Carrie Symonds on Sunday, which you later posted on here, that I didn't post a link to because I didn't think the statement she made was as conclusive as the one I used, but she said

    "I feel I would know if Worboys had raped me that night. I’d have flashbacks or there would have been horrendous tell-tale signs when I woke the next day. But I will never truly know for sure what happened after he drugged me.” in an article for the Sunday Times which is referred to here;-

    https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/former-t...-john-worboys/

    I hesitate to use this allusion because, if you have seen the film Twelve Angry Men, I fear you'll start to see yourself as Henry Fonda to my Lee J Cobb and this could drag on for weeks, but if you were on a jury and you were faced with statements from the alleged victim saying that they were 99.9 per cent sure the offence in question had not been committed on them and another saying they felt they would know if it had been even though they cannot say for certain that it wasn't, are you seriously saying that you would be voting guilty - bearing in mind that you need to be sure beyond any reasonable doubt that the offence had been committed?

    I said yesterday that, as far as I'm concerned, you crossed a line in this thread and no amount of spin, manipulation and innuendo from you will change my mind on that - from now on, I hope I can show the same amount of restraint as Cyril has done and ignore you as successfully as he has.
    One of my all-time favourite films. The tension is palpable, compounded by the setting, the heat/humidity/thunderstorms - some classic performances especially from Fonda and Cobb! (Sorry to go off topic BTW!).

  22. #112
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    One of my all-time favourite films. The tension is palpable, compounded by the setting, the heat/humidity/thunderstorms - some classic performances especially from Fonda and Cobb! (Sorry to go off topic BTW!).
    It's a welcome diversion!

  23. #113

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    One of my all-time favourite films. The tension is palpable, compounded by the setting, the heat/humidity/thunderstorms - some classic performances especially from Fonda and Cobb! (Sorry to go off topic BTW!).
    Yes the film was a smouldering brooding epic.
    Along with Cape Fear the original one

  24. #114

    Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

    And Clockwork Orange left profound thoughts with me as a youngster .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •