+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

Re: Boris is human just bagged a load of man votes

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This message proves all I said about you being a one eyed social media contributor and as for only posting on a single issue, the real truth is that you have a habit of trying to turn posts which were started on other subjects around to your obsession with globalist/non globalist matters.
    It's a big problem, so I comment on it, while others try to defend it.

1. How do you know Boris was calm and trying to cool things down?
    2. You're right, there is history between Carrie Symonds and Worboys;-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nds-story.html

3. However, you appear to be taking a couple of massive leaps of faith in , firstly, saying that what happened with Worboys "probably" stressed her out to the extent that she was entirely responsible for the row and, secondly and more seriously, when you say as a statement of fact that Worboys had raped her - she says “The worst thing is not having peace of mind. I’m 99.9 per cent sure that nothing happened to me but I will never know.” in this piece;-

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/wh...owning-street/

4. In this, generally supportive piece, it's claimed that there have been frequent rows between Carrie Symonds and Boris Johnson in recent weeks;-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/935783...-nearly-split/
    I don't really want to get dragged into a discussion about gutter politics, except to say it is totally out of order.

1. How do you know Boris was calm and trying to cool things down?
    2. You're right, there is history between Carrie Symonds and Worboys;-

3. However, you appear to be taking a couple of massive leaps of faith in , firstly, saying that what happened with Worboys "probably" stressed her out to the extent that she was entirely responsible for the row and, secondly and more seriously, when you say as a statement of fact that Worboys had raped her - she says “The worst thing is not having peace of mind. I’m 99.9 per cent sure that nothing happened to me but I will never know.” in this piece;-

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/wh...owning-street/

4. In this, generally supportive piece, it's claimed that there have been frequent rows between Carrie Symonds and Boris Johnson in recent weeks;-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/935783...-nearly-split/
    Interesting find, Bob. It's always necessary to check things out yourself as so much deliberate misinformation (some call it fake news) is put out there. Unfortunately, who has time to factcheck everything? And that's what they rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Interesting find, Bob. It's always necessary to check things out yourself as so much deliberate misinformation (some call it fake news) is put out there. Unfortunately, who has time to factcheck everything? And that's what they rely on.
    You should try it some time

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't really want to get dragged into a discussion about gutter politics, except to say it is totally out of order.
    How very convenient for you! Whether it's gutter politics or not, it didn't stop you from stating as a fact that she was raped, whereas there's a quote from her saying that she was 99.9 per cent sure nothing had happened to her - it's a bit rich of you talking about the gutter while you are being as cavalier with the facts as that.

How very convenient for you! Whether it's gutter politics or not, it didn't stop you from stating as a fact that she was raped, whereas there's a quote from her saying that she was 99.9 per cent sure nothing had happened to her - it's a bit rich of you talking about the gutter while you are being as cavalier with the facts as that.
    There are a lot of things you could bash Boris over, but spilling wine on the sofa isn't one of them. The fact that it was a looney leftist Remainer who called the police AND the Guardian should tell you everything you need to know. So just leave the poor woman alone, and focus your attack on Boris for his policies!

Heisenberg

There are a lot of things you could bash Boris over, but spilling wine on the sofa isn't one of them. The fact that it was a looney leftist Remainer who called the police AND the Guardian should tell you everything you need to know. So just leave the poor woman alone, and focus your attack on Boris for his policies!
    Leave the poor woman alone... Or leave poor Boris alone?

I ask this question because you didn't seem to be particularly concerned about her welfare when you accused her of being "unruly", wrongfully stated that she was a rape victim (even though you only deal in facts), minimised the fact that someone you believe was a rape victim had shouted for Boris to "get off" her ("was he humping her?") and also summarise the entire event as Boris "spilling wine on the sofa".

You were happy to defend Boris for two pages of posts until you were put in the awkward position of having to dig yourself out of a hole you had made for yourself by making a false claim.

Now you're making out as though everyone else is being out of order by talking about the likely next leader of the country being involved in a domestic dispute in which the police were called to the property.

You don't have the moral high ground in this thread by any stretch.

This story has significantly moved on, as we now know the neighbours were" Corbynista curtain twitchers"

I follow 100 on the left and 100 on the right. Every journalist and media company provides links to their articles. I also include independent open source researchers, in order to widen the knowledge base.
    Seems fair some just read read one sided and report as so . With a lot of folk it's one dimensional .

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This story has significantly moved on, as we now know the neighbours were" Corbynista curtain twitchers"
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Seems fair some just read read one sided and report as so . With a lot of folk it's one dimensional .
    Imagine lacking the self awareness to not post these one after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Imagine lacking the self awareness to not post these one after another.
    Previous post

""Before I am attacked by the keyboard warriors , no I'm not a Tory , or like Boris, and I don't like Trump"

"Not excusing him or even liking him???? Just pointing out many leaders over the years , have had awful tempers . Lets hope Mr Hunt beats him"

hey can be a bit not self aware , still not one dimensional,there is a broader view out there

Nice non endorsement for Boris Johnson from his former boss Max Hastings:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-party-britain

No doubt part of the sinister plot by the Guardian (and the Trotskyist BBC) to expose Johnson's character and principles (lack of) to the great British public. The latest chapter in the globalist conspiracy (as brought to you by the Board's balanced, neutral truth-finder - Wales-Bales with full support from top cheer leader 'life on mars').

how the hell can he be on the cusp of being the next PM god only knows and god help us . let's hope by some mis-calculation Hunt wins it . anybody other than bojo !

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Leave the poor woman alone... Or leave poor Boris alone?

I ask this question because you didn't seem to be particularly concerned about her welfare when you accused her of being "unruly", wrongfully stated that she was a rape victim (even though you only deal in facts), minimised the fact that someone you believe was a rape victim had shouted for Boris to "get off" her ("was he humping her?") and also summarise the entire event as Boris "spilling wine on the sofa".

You were happy to defend Boris for two pages of posts until you were put in the awkward position of having to dig yourself out of a hole you had made for yourself by making a false claim.

Now you're making out as though everyone else is being out of order by talking about the likely next leader of the country being involved in a domestic dispute in which the police were called to the property.

You don't have the moral high ground in this thread by any stretch.
    I knew you would be along to offer Bob support in his quest to declare John Worboys innocent.

For the record, I only heard about it a few days later, and I think your behaviour is despicable.

I'm not me being rich with the facts, it's more a case of you trying to find Worboys innocent because it suits your political agenda.

I actually based my assumptions of the source Telegraph article, where they referred to her as a victim. The reference to the 99.9% that was tacked onto the end in your link is from a completely different source.

From the Telegraph:

"Seeing that his spiked champagne had had no effect, Worboys stopped the cab and joined her in the back of the taxi to have a drink.

Miss Symonds started to feel uncomfortable: "I played the age card and told him I was very young, only 19, and needed to go home."

He tried another tack, praising her drinking capabilities and challenging her to down a shot of vodka for £50 and a free lift home.

"I downed it, which was stupid, as I just wanted to get home.From that point on I can't really remember what happened.

"He seemed to be this sad man who had no one to celebrate with him. I pitied him, I didn't feel frightened - I just thought he was weird."

When she finally did get home, Miss Symonds collapsed in front of her mother, vomiting and laughing hysterically before passing out until 3pm the next day.

"What I hate is that I lost control, having refused the champagne before," she said. "I got totally the wrong impression - I thought he was a sad loser while he thought he was a bit of a stud
    ."

From the above interview, she clearly had no recollection about what went on in the taxi, or afterwards.

Regarding the 99.9% quote, do you have a link to the original source video? How do you know that she wasn't in denial, or she just didn't want to discuss the details on national TV? I think you are pushing just a little bit too hard on this one Bob, and it's all a bit unsavoury to be honest.

Heisenberg

I knew you would be along to offer Bob support in his quest to declare John Worboys innocent.

For the record, I only heard about it a few days later, and I think your behaviour is despicable.
    You've got a PM.

The house I moved out of in Fairwater last year was in a terraced block of six and, for the first twenty years or so after it was built in 1963 our neighbours on one side were a young family where the father would come home drunk on a Saturday night quite often and I can remember being awoken quite often around midnight as a child by the shouting, arguing and general commotion coming from next door. The issue was something of a standing joke among the other families living nearby with the line "it must have been a full moon again on Saturday" often being trotted out.

My mother was probably the best friend of the wife and the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, my parents never rang the police when he was playing up can probably be put down to my mum being told by the wife that her husband never resorted to physical violence (she also told her that she would leave him as soon as her kids grew up and she was as good as her word). However, some of the other neighbours obviously felt concerned enough on a few occasions by what they were hearing to dial 999 because I can remember the police coming to calm things down.

Similarly, when I was living in the house alone after it had been left to my siblings and I when my mother died in 1999, my neighbours on the other side for about seven years would often argue loudly first thing in the morning using dreadful and threatening language from both husband and wife. These arguments would sometimes spill outside their house and, again, I can remember the police being needed on two or three occasions, so, presumably, a neighbour had thought the disturbance worthy of a 999 call.

I got one with all three of the argumentative individuals pretty well on a personal level. Indeed, I can remember meeting the first man I described after not seeing him for about fifteen years in an odd conversation where I kept on trying to ask him about what his life was like now and getting nowhere because he couldn't stop apologising for his behaviour on those Saturday nights a quarter of a century earlier. It was obvious he was deeply embarrassed by what he had done and this didn't surprise me really because, just like my other noisy neighbours, he was a fundamentally decent human being.

However, if any of the three were ever to be one of two candidates in a contest to elect our next Prime Minister, my vote (provided I had one!) would go, without hesitation, to their opponent and I would consider it my duty as a UK citizen to let other voters know about their character defects if asked.

That's why trying to make out that Boris Johnson, at this point in his life, is just like anyone else when it comes to incidents such as the one that happened on Friday morning doesn't wash with me I'm afraid.
    As always TOBW, well articulated with your response but please allow me a little bit of being mischievous which has always been my nature, I didn't want to elaborate of my time with a tumbler at an adjoining wall, it was in a guest house in Wroxham, involved the Chef and I presume an athletic lady, TBF the tumbler wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nice non endorsement for Boris Johnson from his former boss Max Hastings:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-party-britain

No doubt part of the sinister plot by the Guardian (and the Trotskyist BBC) to expose Johnson's character and principles (lack of) to the great British public. The latest chapter in the globalist conspiracy (as brought to you by the Board's balanced, neutral truth-finder - Wales-Bales with full support from top cheer leader 'life on mars').
    Yeh , go bales, go ,go, go ,rah,rah,rah ,shit , shit, just dropped my pom ,pom .

Has anyone really read the OP , title thread ,lol.

I'm not me being rich with the facts, it's more a case of you trying to find Worboys innocent because it suits your political agenda.

I actually based my assumptions of the source Telegraph article, where they referred to her as a victim. The reference to the 99.9% that was tacked onto the end in your link is from a completely different source.

From the Telegraph:

"Seeing that his spiked champagne had had no effect, Worboys stopped the cab and joined her in the back of the taxi to have a drink.

Miss Symonds started to feel uncomfortable: "I played the age card and told him I was very young, only 19, and needed to go home."

He tried another tack, praising her drinking capabilities and challenging her to down a shot of vodka for £50 and a free lift home.

"I downed it, which was stupid, as I just wanted to get home.From that point on I can't really remember what happened.

"He seemed to be this sad man who had no one to celebrate with him. I pitied him, I didn't feel frightened - I just thought he was weird."

When she finally did get home, Miss Symonds collapsed in front of her mother, vomiting and laughing hysterically before passing out until 3pm the next day.

"What I hate is that I lost control, having refused the champagne before," she said. "I got totally the wrong impression - I thought he was a sad loser while he thought he was a bit of a stud
    ."

From the above interview, she clearly had no recollection about what went on in the taxi, or afterwards.

Regarding the 99.9% quote, do you have a link to the original source video? How do you know that she wasn't in denial, or she just didn't want to discuss the details on national TV? I think you are pushing just a little bit too hard on this one Bob, and it's all a bit unsavoury to be honest.
    Sadly this post has lost its direction at times ,one could say been highjacked, my OP was of a light hearted nature ,not once thinking there was a ground swell of lads on CCMB likely to support the blonde buffoon , lol.

From the Telegraph:

."

Oh dear, oh dear. If ever there was a thread where you would be better off beating a tactical retreat to lick your wounds, it is this one, but instead, you opt to charge, Light Brigade style, back into the fray!

I honestly don't know where to start with the mess you have got yourself in, I suppose putting things in chronological order is as good a way as any, but, first, I must point out your past contention that you only ever deal in facts as a backdrop to what I say.

So, your utterly predictable defending of Boris Johnson started on the day after the story broke and you began as you meant to continue by getting a recorded quote from Carrie Symonds wrong. When this was pointed out to you, there followed suggestions from you that she was drunk and was trying to destroy the place. Attention was then switched by you to attacking the neighbour who reported the incident and a suggestion that Johnson was trying to calm down a "violent/unruly" partner soon followed.

Then, the following day, you come across the link between Carrie Symonds and John Worboys and so she who had "Probably a bit too much wine" and sounded like she was being "violent/unruly" was suddenly transformed into "a poor lady" as you started getting all moral about things just over a day after you were asking "was he humping her?".

You really surpassed yourself yesterday though after I had posted links to a couple of stories relating to Carrie Symonds and John Worboys, one of which contained a direct quote from her directly contradicting your claim that he was "her rapist" (Miss Symonds saying that she was 99.9 per cent sure that nothing had happened to her).

Incredibly, you've now gone on to compound your crass error by indulging in reckless speculation that I'm somehow offending public decency by pointing to a quote (which, despite your attempts to somehow question it's credibility because it is not in the source you used, has, surely, to be true because Miss Symonds would have have taken action against the site concerned if it wasn't) from the so called victim that she was 99.9 per cent sure that she had not been raped. As far as I can gather, the convicted serial rapist Worboys has never ever been charged with any offence, let alone rape, against Miss Symonds, so, even if I were somehow campaigning for Worboys' innocence (which I'm certainly not doing), it is a matter of fact that he is innocent in the eyes of the law of the offence against her that you, with complete certainty, stated had happened.

There's that word "fact" again. I've read through all of your contributions to this thread again as I've been typing this message and have struggled to find anything you have said that could be called factual. I'll concede that, although it appears that there is only her word for it, that Carrie Symonds did have an encounter with John Worboys in 2007 because I cannot believe that she would make the whole thing up and I'm sure it must have been a very traumatic experience for her, but that does not mean you can go drawing so many groundless conclusions, indulging in so much wild speculation and, to uise your word, making assumptions to bend this single fact around to the, deeply biased, viewpoint you have as to what happened on Friday morning.

I'll leave others to judge who has been guilty of the grubby behaviour in this thread, but my conscience is perfectly clear in that I don't feel I've done anything I should be ashamed of - as for you, all I'll say is that I can't shake off this suspicion that we'd see another change of approach from you in the matter of that row if Donald Trump was suddenly to withdraw his backing for Boris Johnson and start pitching for Jeremy Hunt.

Game, set and match to Bob, a comfortable one too.

Very below the belt to start throwing round ludicrous accusations of defending a convicted serial rapist, by the way. I don't know why anyone would want to continue to engage with someone who does that.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Game, set and match to Bob, a comfortable one too.

Very below the belt to start throwing round ludicrous accusations of defending a convicted serial rapist, by the way. I don't know why anyone would want to continue to engage with someone who does that.
    Join the queue.......

P.S. I was recently accused by our local fantasist of supporting someone who I have never even mentioned on here or anywhere else. Such behaviour is quite bizarre and desperate.

As Boris Johnson’s girlfriend Carrie Symonds has for a while attracted the sort of routine attention that normally accompanies the spouses and partners of putative Prime Ministers.

Now the focus on Ms Symonds will reach new intensity with questions asked about whether she will move into No 10 with Mr Johnson if he is elected and what kind of role she will take on in his life and that of the nation.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that in the hours before the argument flared Ms Symons had been particularly upset by reports that the black cab rapist John Worboys had pleaded guilty to a further string of assaults.

She was, after all, one of his many victims and reports of his attacks on other women must have revived traumatic personal memories.

During her late teens Ms Symonds suffered at the hands of Worboys when, after picking her up in his cab, he plied her with drugged vodka. Ms Symonds blacked out and to this day does not know what happened until she woke up and managed to stagger home.

"The worst thing is not having peace of mind. I'm 99.9 per cent sure that nothing happened to me but I will never know," she said.

What appears to have ignited the row with Mr Johnson, which ended with police visiting the flat they share in Camberwell, south London, was his apparently careless disregard in spilling a bottle of wine on the sofa.

In a recording made by the neighbour who called the police and tipped off the Guardian, Ms Symonds is heard shouting at him: “You just don’t care for anything because you’re spoilt. You have no care for money or anything.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...owning-street/

I'll concede that, although it appears that there is only her word for it, that Carrie Symonds did have an encounter with John Worboys in 2007 because I cannot believe that she would make the whole thing up.
    She was one of 14 witnesses whose testimony was used at Worboys’s 2009 trial

Worboys approached her in his cab at a bus stop in Fulham, West London, following a night out with friends. The predator offered to take her home to Surrey even though she had just £5. He claimed it was his final pick-up of the night and that she lived on his way home.

He insisted she drank a glass of champagne with him, telling her he had had a big win at a casino earlier in the evening and wanted someone to celebrate with.

She agreed, but poured the contents of the glass onto the cab floor when he wasn’t looking. Worboys then got out to go to the toilet, and was gone for ten minutes as he waited for the drugs in the champagne to kick in.

When he returned he convinced her to down a shot of vodka. Miss Symonds, who now works in ocean conservation, said: ‘After I drank the vodka, I can hardly remember a thing. I don’t remember if he got back into the front of the cab straightaway or not.

‘When I finally arrived home, my mother remembers I fell through the door, barely able to walk, like a rag doll.

‘Six months later, I opened a newspaper and read that a black taxi driver had been arrested, accused of raping women having pretended to win money at a casino, giving his passengers spiked champagne. I froze. All the blood left my cheeks. I knew it was him.’

Miss Symonds went to the police claiming she may have been drugged and assaulted and was one of 14 witnesses whose testimony was presented in court at Worboys’s trial in 2009.

Welcoming the Parole Board’s decision to refuse to release Worboys, she added yesterday: ‘I strongly believe Worboys poses a real danger to us all.

‘It could so easily be your mother, your wife, your sister, your daughter, your friend. I feel I would know if Worboys had raped me that night. I’d have flashbacks or there would have been horrendous tell-tale signs when I woke the next day.

‘But I will never truly know for sure what happened after he drugged me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sion-bars.html

The police believe there could have been hundreds of victims, but there has only been one conviction.

Oh dear, oh dear. If ever there was a thread where you would be better off beating a tactical retreat to lick your wounds, it is this one, but instead, you opt to charge, Light Brigade style, back into the fray!
    You can argue the semantics as much as you like, but I don't think anybody with absolutely no recollection of events could be 99.5% sure that nothing happened.

The fact she went to the police claiming she may have been drugged and assaulted should tell you that was not the case.

This is my last word on the matter, and I think it's shameful that this lady has been used as a political football just because of her personal relationship with Boris.

It's time to get back to the politics, and leave them in peace.