+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Israel Folau

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Israel Folau

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If by "we" you're referring to the homosexuality laws in the UK, then yes, we were governed by backwards religious beliefs and luckily that isn't the case any more. It's a really funny topic though isn't it? "lol".
    Were governed by backwards religious beliefs you say, England still has a state religion mun, laws in parts of the UK are still medieval, abortion in Northern Ireland for example.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Were governed by backwards religious beliefs you say, England still has a state religion mun, laws in parts of the UK are still medieval, abortion in Northern Ireland for example.
    You keep changing the topic to fit what you're saying though. We're talking about the laws on homosexuality and how society has become more progressive in terms of those, specifically in Australia. Now you've moved on to abortion in Northern Ireland to try to make your point right

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You keep changing the topic to fit what you're saying though. We're talking about the laws on homosexuality and how society has become more progressive in terms of those, specifically in Australia. Now you've moved on to abortion in Northern Ireland to try to make your point right
    I responded directly to another poster talking about being governed by backwards religious beliefs, some would say we still are and I gave what some would see as an example.
    You can talk about what you like and so will i.

I responded directly to another poster talking about being governed by backwards religious beliefs, some would say we still are and I gave what some would see as an example.
    You can talk about what you like and so will i.
    So are you saying it's good for people/government to be encouraged to change our spots if we still have backwards beliefs/laws then?

First Team

You're conflating religious beliefs with ethnicity. Please stop and think - it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    You're conflating religious beliefs with ethnicity. Please stop and think - it's stupid.
    It maybe a bit of a generalisation but people tend to be a product of their environment.

First Team

It maybe a bit of a generalisation but people tend to be a product of their environment.
    If Folau chose to take in and then regurgitate the garbled platitudes of old testament contradictory nonsense, that's his problem and nobody else's. Nobody forced him to do it.

Ethnicity and history have nothing to do with it.

If Folau chose to take in and then regurgitate the garbled platitudes of old testament contradictory nonsense, that's his problem and nobody else's. Nobody forced him to do it.

Ethnicity and history have nothing to do with it.
    People are a product of their environment.

First Team

People are a product of their environment.
    I give up. Repeating a convenient excuse doesn't make it acceptable.

I give up. Repeating a convenient excuse doesn't make it acceptable.
    Its not a convenient excuse its a salient point.