+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Israel Folau

Re: Israel Folau

Does that mean we were backward until a few decades ago but are no longer backward ?, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The wit and wisdom of Israel Felou:

“Warning – Drunks, Homosexuals, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists, Idolaters. HELL AWAITS YOU. REPENT! ONLY JESUS SAVES”.

“The devil has blinded so many people in this world, REPENT and turn away from your evil ways. Turn to Jesus Christ who will set you free,”

He also seems quite fond of Galatians 5: 19-21

That and other similar tweets in the past went beyond free religious expression into hate speech. It clearly broke the Code Of Conduct he signed up to with his club and Rugby Australia. No excuses and no sympathy. He's entitled to shout that Old Testament cobblers within the walls of his own home, but once he decides to make it a very public rant he has to take the consequences. He even had a pop at us atheists - which might have been quite offensive if we believed in hell!
    Terrible blinked believes , there are lot of religions and countries around the world like this many in the middle east ,some in very large continents

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Does that mean we were backward until a few decades ago but are no longer backward ?, lol.
    If by "we" you're referring to the homosexuality laws in the UK, then yes, we were governed by backwards religious beliefs and luckily that isn't the case any more. It's a really funny topic though isn't it? "lol".

You don’t have to go back decades there are lots of areas around religious privilege and education in this country that remain backwards.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Terrible blinked believes , there are lot of religions and countries around the world like this many in the middle east ,some in very large continents
    Is that a tweet from Donald Trump? It reads exactly like something he'd say.

There are some unbelievable characters who post on this forum.
    I’m sure there are a few who’d even try to defend Hitler.

I find what Folau has said to be utterly ridiculous. Just another example to me of how stupid religion really is. I didn't think he should have been sacked from the Aus team . There are lots of aussie rugby players of both codes who have done horrendous things over the last few years yet been welcomed back. To then sack somebody for what he's said doesn't seem right. I struggle to have much sympathy for him though as he broke the terms of his contract after several warnings.

In terms of the go fund me page, he's made himself look even more of an idiot than he already did. Well done drw Mitchell for calling him out

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If by "we" you're referring to the homosexuality laws in the UK, then yes, we were governed by backwards religious beliefs and luckily that isn't the case any more. It's a really funny topic though isn't it? "lol".
    Were governed by backwards religious beliefs you say, England still has a state religion mun, laws in parts of the UK are still medieval, abortion in Northern Ireland for example.

The contract thing is iffy chrisp_1927, apparently the social media clause was not on the contract he signed, it was left off in error by the powers that be then the authorities realised and wanted to add it, then the main person thought they had an understanding with him that perhaps was not the case but the contract thing was/is not cut and dried hence a bit of a legal controversy around the case.

Were governed by backwards religious beliefs you say, England still has a state religion mun, laws in parts of the UK are still medieval, abortion in Northern Ireland for example.
    You keep changing the topic to fit what you're saying though. We're talking about the laws on homosexuality and how society has become more progressive in terms of those, specifically in Australia. Now you've moved on to abortion in Northern Ireland to try to make your point right

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You keep changing the topic to fit what you're saying though. We're talking about the laws on homosexuality and how society has become more progressive in terms of those, specifically in Australia. Now you've moved on to abortion in Northern Ireland to try to make your point right
    I responded directly to another poster talking about being governed by backwards religious beliefs, some would say we still are and I gave what some would see as an example.
    You can talk about what you like and so will i.

First Team

You're conflating religious beliefs with ethnicity. Please stop and think - it's stupid.

Why was religion allowed to fail in the west? Did the masses suddenly come to the conclusion that is was all fake, just as they did in Soviet Russia? Or did it become surplus to requirements? Some might say TV, radio and the media were a far better forms of control, especially after witnessing the pioneering early work of Edward Bernays. These are not my thoughts, it is often said that journalists are the new priests, and media is the new religion.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    You're conflating religious beliefs with ethnicity. Please stop and think - it's stupid.
    It maybe a bit of a generalisation but people tend to be a product of their environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why was religion allowed to fail in the west? Did the masses suddenly come to the conclusion that is was all fake, just as they did in Soviet Russia? Or did it become surplus to requirements? Some might say TV, radio and the media were a far better forms of control, especially after witnessing the pioneering early work of Edward Bernays. These are not my thoughts, it is often said that journalists are the new priests, and media is the new religion.
    Yes interesting line 'journalists are the new priests, and media is the new religion' and sheep are sheep that are easily lead and follow.

Yes interesting line 'journalists are the new priests, and media is the new religion' and sheep are sheep that are easily lead and follow.
    Like Folau!

If you have read the book Sapiens, it explains how humans are very easily led compared to other species. The behavioural sciences have taken things to the next level, and it is fairly trivial to "nudge" people in new directions.

I responded directly to another poster talking about being governed by backwards religious beliefs, some would say we still are and I gave what some would see as an example.
    You can talk about what you like and so will i.
    So are you saying it's good for people/government to be encouraged to change our spots if we still have backwards beliefs/laws then?

I think we are being a bit rich in our treatment of Folau, that we are being hypocrites.

I think 10-20 years ago no one would even batter an eyelid here. We’ve moved on, we have to appreciate other places will take longer than we will to move away from previously entrenched views and beliefs

I think we are being a bit rich in our treatment of Folau, that we are being hypocrites.
    He deserves every piece of negativity and more hurled his way. Speak for yourself about being rich.

I’ve got a cousin from Dublin who’s currently recovering from a liver and bowel transplant. She’s had to come to the Uk for the operation. Her husband has given up work for the year . Imagine all the stress they’ve gone through and on top of that having to move.

Her kind hearted friends set up a go fund me.
    It’s raised 80,000 euros which is a beautiful testament to the kindness of strangers.

Compare this to a millionaire sportsman using go fund me to fund legal action against his ex employees despite being warned about his conduct and saying some pretty nasty things about people because he doesn’t agre with their sexuality.

So spare me the rich and hypocritical comments when you’ve got an immoral chancer seeking funds who. He says may not go on the legal fees anyway .

First Team

It maybe a bit of a generalisation but people tend to be a product of their environment.
    If Folau chose to take in and then regurgitate the garbled platitudes of old testament contradictory nonsense, that's his problem and nobody else's. Nobody forced him to do it.

Ethnicity and history have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    He deserves every piece of negativity and more hurled his way. Speak for yourself about being rich.

I’ve got a cousin from Dublin who’s currently recovering from a liver and bowel transplant. She’s had to come to the Uk for the operation. Her husband has given up work for the year . Imagine all the stress they’ve gone through and on top of that having to move.

Her kind hearted friends set up a go fund me.
    It’s raised 80,000 euros which is a beautiful testament to the kindness of strangers.

Compare this to a millionaire sportsman using go fund me to fund legal action against his ex employees despite being warned about his conduct and saying some pretty nasty things about people because he doesn’t agre with their sexuality.

So spare me the rich and hypocritical comments when you’ve got an immoral chancer seeking funds who. He says may not go on the legal fees anyway .
    The phrase a bit rich does not mean cash rich lol, but a way of saying someone is being hypocritical [in this case people passing moral judgement on Folau].
    Its up to people if they want to donate to Folau, as regards your cousin I wish her all the best, its a pity that society wont vote for tax increases [those that can afford to pay more] to fund such operations.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    If Folau chose to take in and then regurgitate the garbled platitudes of old testament contradictory nonsense, that's his problem and nobody else's. Nobody forced him to do it.

Ethnicity and history have nothing to do with it.
    People are a product of their environment.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think 10-20 years ago no one would even batter an eyelid here. We’ve moved on, we have to appreciate other places will take longer than we will to move away from previously entrenched views and beliefs
    Yes exactly.