+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The housing market

The housing market

How are estate agents surviving at the moment? Driving or walking through the the streets of Cardiff I hardly see any houses for sale these days, always used to be a fair few, partic around roath, Heath, penylan, birchgrove.....barely anything for the last 6 months and seems what is available is inflated.....how long can this go on?

Re: The housing market

Houses are being sold with no need to advertise.

Estate agents have a waiting list for bungalows in Rhiwbina

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

No need to advertise? I know of a bungalow in cyncoed walking distance to lakeside primary and in Cardiff high catchment that has taken 18 months to sell, and they had to drop 40,000 of it then.....

So how are they surviving if people are going word of mouth and saving a bit off the price?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So how are they surviving if people are going word of mouth and saving a bit off the price?
    I take it you don’t understand “WAITING LIST”

Purple bricks innit!!

Brexit came at the perfect time for the housing market which was, in my opinions of overheating too quickly.

I take it you don’t understand “WAITING LIST”
    Yes it means there’s nothing available and people waiting.....boom....thanks

International

There are lots of people renting accommodation out rather than selling. Every week there are loads of properties being newley advertised for rent.
    I have been watching this market for the last 2 years and there is only 1 area of Cardiff I have never seen a house or flat offered for rent. Can anyone guess where. There area is quite specific.

No need to advertise? I know of a bungalow in cyncoed walking distance to lakeside primary and in Cardiff high catchment that has taken 18 months to sell, and they had to drop 40,000 of it then.....
    Obviously over priced, every house is selling in weeks unless they are overpricing.

Well maybe people are waiting to move to all the new suburbs currently being built in the west and north east of the city....hope they like traffic jams....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Obviously over priced, every house is selling in weeks unless they are overpricing.

It needed a complete revamp but is in prime quiet area.

Yes it means there’s nothing available and people waiting.....boom....thanks
    Way out, it means people who are looking for bungalows in Rhiwbina, are registering with estate agents and as said bungalows become available, being sold by a simple phone call.

A friend of mine, Karen, waited about 8 months to get hers, moved in 6 months ago, a customer of mine, Mr xxxxx, actually agreed to buying one without seeing it. Splott Parker can verify this, as he worked on it as well.

Advertising boards are not needed.

Way out, it means people who are looking for bungalows in Rhiwbina, are registering with estate agents and as said bungalows become available, being sold by a simple phone call.

A friend of mine, Karen, waited about 8 months to get hers, moved in 6 months ago, a customer of mine, Mr xxxxx, actually agreed to buying one without seeing it. Splott Parker can verify this, as he worked on it as well.

Of course, it depends on the area, but North Cardiff does seem a hot market at the moment, as you say especially bungalows.

An ageing population who want to stay in the area, and futurproof their old age.

Way out? Registering ie waiting....finding when available boom......I’d stick to idle gossip bluetit.....and they will always put a board up partic in this market just to advertise THEY have sold one.....

Of course, it depends on the area, but North Cardiff does seem a hot market at the moment, as you say especially bungalows.

An ageing population who want to stay in the area, and futurproof their old age.
    Na, the oldies are just moving nearer the Crematorium, to make it a shorter journey on the day

Bungalows have always been sort after in rhiwbina and Whitchurch for as long as I can recall....been a few sale by me lately in Heath that couldn’t sell so we’re taken off.....right by the hospital which the oldies normally like, even though they can’t walk 500 yards

I was going to move out of CF14, had a decent offer two years ago, decided to stay and invest in current property for another prolly 10 years, and sell up if/when i get to retirement (another 9 years) Tory Bastas!!

Three have just sold on our little cul de sac. Just been around inviting the newbies to our naturist BBQ and book club.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Three have just sold on our little cul de sac. Just been around inviting the newbies to our naturist BBQ and book club.
    Watch where you stick the fork when you’re cooking the sausage’s