+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore owes us and himself a good season.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Zohore owes us and himself a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Zohore was 22 when he first joined us. His first spell of decent scoring came at Odense, when he managed to net 7 goals in 9 games. Joining us on loan in Feb 2016, he scored 2 in 12 appearances.

1 goal in his first 13 games of 2016/17 suggested we'd brought in a dud, then a superb solo effort against Preston saw Zohore hit a purple patch, netting 10 times in 11 games.

He scored a belter in the last minute to beat Burton to start our promotion season before 8 games without a goal. 2 against Leeds and a wonderstrike against Fulham started a spell of 11 without a goal. 5 goals in the last 14 was hardly vintage as we closed out the season.

His Premier League efforts were woeful.

He's managed 2 decent goalscoring runs in his career. He's now 25 and at the point where if he wants to take his career forward, it's getting to the now or never stage. Potential doesn't cut it any more. Past wonder moments matter little unless he scores goals for us this season. If he blows it this season he needs to be bombed out sharpish. My feeling is that he hasn't done anything for 2 years to deserve being a regular starter.
    Thanks for highlighting why he is surplus to requirements. I'd prefer to see us get a proper 20 goal a season striker in

Re: Zohore owes us and himself a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thanks for highlighting why he is surplus to requirements. I'd prefer to see us get a proper 20 goal a season striker in
    What do you have to pay to get a quality striker at this level? £15 million?