+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Ratcliffe

George Ratcliffe

Academy Player of the Year George Ratcliffe has gone on loan to Barry Town United.
    Couldn't he have become our third choice keeper this season? We seem reluctant to give young players any sort of progression other than sending them elsewhere on loan - something Nathan Blake was critical of at the Trust AGM last week.

Re: George Ratcliffe

It's a tough one, the odd game here or there and being around the team would have been good, but it's no substitute for actually playing week in week out at a decent level. I guess the question is, is the LOW that level and is he actually going to be starting for them?

I'd guess that playing time is precisley why he has gone to the Welsh Prem. Barry will probably make him their no.1 where as he would have been bench warming for anybody in the Conference and above. Barry is close by to keep an eye on him and doesn't require him to move away from home presumably either.

Better to be playing weekly than sat on the bench

Local too so he can train with us from time to time

Needs to play rather than get splinters in his arse.

I think he's still eligible for the Under 18s so he could play for them or the Under 23s every week - he could be our third choice keeper and still do that.

I thought Cwty would be a nice fit on loan if Day goes ,perhaps he's just not that ready