+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emiliano Sala - "First instance harassment warning" issued to Willie McKay.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Emiliano Sala - "First instance harassment warning" issued to Willie McKay.

His sons should be be gone from the club immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Unless they are contractually bound ?

We dont want to pay them off early do we?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Unless they are contractually bound ?

We dont want to pay them off early do we?
    They can't be making much. They're nowhere near the first team.

If I was Mr McKay, I’d think hard before making threats to someone like our Vincent.

I bet Vinny knows some lovely people

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It wouldn't be fair to take that action just because the father is acting this way. However, there are questions about whether they have the talent to be at a club this level so cannot see their contracts being renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It wouldn't be fair to take that action just because the father is acting this way. However, there are questions about whether they have the talent to be at a club this level so cannot see their contracts being renewed.
    Exactly right. If the McKay twins are not good enough (or were never good enough) for a contract with the club, then deal with them on that basis. I don't like the guilt by association that comes into so many posts about the McKay family. The twins are not responsible for the actions of their father or older brother - even if one of them acted as a post box for the flight offer to Sala from Mark McKay.

I am also a uncomfortable about some of the allegations building up against Warnock. It seems clear that he has had dealings with McKay for a long time and some of the club's signings seem to have benefited either Warnock's son (as an agent) or look like a sweetener to Willie McKay. But a lot of opinions in recent days are based on assumptions and inuendo. I doubt Neil Warnock is squeaky clean - but who is. I want to see evidence of wrongdoing rather than suspicion before coming to a judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I tend to agree with you about the guilt by association element with this, but I must say that I have not seen anything so far from either of them since they signed for us to suggest they would ever have a first team future with City and so can only agree that it does look bad from the club's point of view. Trying to be fair, I should also say that the McKay twins aren't the only players signed on pro deals to play for the Under 23s by City in the past couple of seasons who don't look good enough to ever come into first team consideration.