+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QPRs Freeman to Sheff Utd

QPRs Freeman to Sheff Utd

Only £3m.. maybe one we should have gone for at that price last season..

Re: QPRs Freeman to Sheff Utd

I agree. Good player

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree. Good player
    Not sure on his contract situation, he probably had another year on it last season so could have been more expensive, but would have given us more options.

premiership moment and wage uplift v us , he will be back down next year ,on a nice higher wage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not sure on his contract situation, he probably had another year on it last season so could have been more expensive, but would have given us more options.
    Nah he's contracted till 2021 so had the same contract now as when we got promoted in terms of time.

I think our recruitment policy was all over the place last summer and highlighted where we are as a club.
    It was basically Warnock saying "I've see him play, he's good let's sign him."

It looks like we stumbled upon Camarasa cos we played Betis in a friendly. (Fortunately)

The new market is upcoming English players in my opinion. They're overtaking their European counterparts in terms of ability but the problem is the greed attached to the English game.

I heard an interview with Stuart Webber the other day implying that Norwich got Patrick Robert's on loan from Man City really cheap so there are bargains to be had.

Countries like Romania in these u21 Euros are showing that there are players out there if you have a decent recruitment network.

The lad Puskas has been excellent.

The lad Puskas has been excellent.[/QUOTE]

This sentence is surreal to people of a certain age👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This sentence is surreal to people of a certain age👍[/QUOTE]

Hagi and Puskas in the same team. It's like the best ever 11

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This sentence is surreal to people of a certain age��[/QUOTE]

Steve, there are some on here, who are 35 and NEVER heard of PELE, so Puskas got no chance

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Steve, there are some on here, who are 35 and NEVER heard of PELE, so Puskas got no chance
    Actually I YouTubed him after. I know who you mean now.

There was him running round the goalie and missing an open goal, him bashing it from the halfway line and missing, and him missing a header against England.

I stopped watching after that.

Nah he's contracted till 2021 so had the same contract now as when we got promoted in terms of time.

I think our recruitment policy was all over the place last summer and highlighted where we are as a club.
    It was basically Warnock saying "I've see him play, he's good let's sign him."

It looks like we stumbled upon Camarasa cos we played Betis in a friendly. (Fortunately)

The new market is upcoming English players in my opinion. They're overtaking their European counterparts in terms of ability but the problem is the greed attached to the English game.

I heard an interview with Stuart Webber the other day implying that Norwich got Patrick Robert's on loan from Man City really cheap so there are bargains to be had.

Countries like Romania in these u21 Euros are showing that there are players out there if you have a decent recruitment network.

We had been chasing Camarasa for months before we signed him and the friendly was arranged as a result of that rather than the other way around. Also, Camarasa didnt actually play in the game anyway - he was an unused sub, which tends to disprove your assertion that we signed him on a 'whim' after seeing him play. You really are being naive if you think that someone like NW would sign any player like that. He is probably one of the most thorough managers around in terms of research on players and making sure they fit in with the rest of the squad before signing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This sentence is surreal to people of a certain age��
    Steve, there are some on here, who are 35 and NEVER heard of PELE, so Puskas got no chance [/QUOTE]

Who?!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We had been chasing Camarasa for months before we signed him and the friendly was arranged as a result of that rather than the other way around. Also, Camarasa didnt actually play in the game anyway - he was an unused sub, which tends to disprove your assertion that we signed him on a 'whim' after seeing him play. You really are being naive if you think that someone like NW would sign any player like that. He is probably one of the most thorough managers around in terms of research on players and making sure they fit in with the rest of the squad before signing them.
    Watch out the Ministry of Truth has logged on.

"He played on Friday at Bournemouth and was mentioned to me before that," said the Yorkshireman.

"We had someone at the game at Bournemouth, talked to him at great length and then looked beyond that.

"Once we knew he was considering coming to us it took a whole new ball game because he's a good player."
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...sfers-15012878

Doesn't sound like we had been chasing Camarasa for months.

You really are being naive if you think that someone like NW would sign any player like that. He is probably one of the most thorough managers around in terms of research on players and making sure they fit in with the rest of the squad before signing them.
    What gives you the impression he's up with the most thorough around? (If he wasn't manager of Cardiff City you'd be calling him a dinosaur) I never seen any links to Camarasa whatsoever until we played them!

What I said wasn't a dig, it's just the reality of where we are as a club at the moment. When it comes to modernising we are in our infancy and Dalman himself recently said in an interview how ill prepared we were when we got promoted!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker

I always feel sorry for QPR. I wonder what sort of crowds they could be getting if they weren't stuck in that shitty ground.

Hagi and Puskas in the same team. It's like the best ever 11[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought they were both excellent, don't think either would come cheap though. If at all to somewhere like Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hagi and Puskas in the same team. It's like the best ever 11
    Yeah I thought they were both excellent, don't think either would come cheap though. If at all to somewhere like Cardiff[/QUOTE]

No we've got no chance of picking them up in the championship but it illustrates that there is talent out there if you're willing to take a few low risk gambles and have a good enough recruitment team.

You really are being naive if you think that someone like NW would sign any player like that. He is probably one of the most thorough managers around in terms of research on players and making sure they fit in with the rest of the squad before signing them.
    Like Madine and Tomlin? Who researched that?

Yeah I thought they were both excellent, don't think either would come cheap though. If at all to somewhere like Cardiff
    No we've got no chance of picking them up in the championship but it illustrates that there is talent out there if you're willing to take a few low risk gambles and have a good enough recruitment team.[/QUOTE]

Even when we were a newly promoted premier League side we would struggle to attract players like that. Hagi especially who is managed by his dad currently

Not quite the same as there would have been 3 years left rather than 2, which would normally mean a higher fee.

There may of course be lots of other factors, such as his performances in the last 12 months and QPRs financial position and ambition, I have to admit, I’m out of touch on both counts... but I would have expected us to have had to pay a lot more a year ago for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not quite the same as there would have been 3 years left rather than 2, which would normally mean a higher fee.

There may of course be lots of other factors, such as his performances in the last 12 months and QPRs financial position and ambition, I have to admit, I’m out of touch on both counts... but I would have expected us to have had to pay a lot more a year ago for him.
    He signed a new contract in 2018 to extend so if anything he had less then.

Like you say though it could have been numerous other things though Sheffield United play a more attractive brand of football than us, I do think we would have been an attractive proposition for him last season. Playing in front of 30k+ in a better City than Sheffield etc.

What gives you the impression he's up with the most thorough around? (If he wasn't manager of Cardiff City you'd be calling him a dinosaur) I never seen any links to Camarasa whatsoever until we played them!

What I said wasn't a dig, it's just the reality of where we are as a club at the moment. When it comes to modernising we are in our infancy and Dalman himself recently said in an interview how ill prepared we were when we got promoted!
    You have no idea what I would think about Warnock if he wasn't our manager. I certainly didnt/don't think he is a ‘dinosaur’ but even if he was, he's a rather successful one isn't he. You appear to believe that NW signed Camarasa on the basis of seeing him sit on the bench for the whole friendly match at CCS. I obviously disagree that he would do this. This friendly was arranged some weeks previously as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Watch out the Ministry of Truth has logged on.
    Watch out the Ministry for twisting the truth and being crass has logged on.

You have no idea what I would think about Warnock if he wasn't our manager. I certainly didnt/don't think he is a ‘dinosaur’ but even if he was, he's a rather successful one isn't he. You appear to believe that NW signed Camarasa on the basis of seeing him sit on the bench for the whole friendly match at CCS. I obviously disagree that he would do this. This friendly was arranged some weeks previously as well.
    He's a very good manager and I'm not disputing this. What I am suggesting is that the man can only do so much without a sufficient support network behind him. This isn't anyone's fault but our club was clearly affected by the whole Malky affair. Since being burned Tan has been far more cautious with football people and has tended to trust his own judgement until Warnock arrived.

Warnock has obviously garnered a bit of trust from Tan and we seem to be moving slowly in the right direction behind the scenes, however the club is on a process of evolution and we were left unprepared for business when it came to recruitment last summer.