+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Money well spent or Immoral

Money well spent or Immoral

just a break from Boris bashing and Brexit I notice prince Harry and Meghan has just spent 2.4 million on renovating a house out of tax payers money too . Prince Charles recently spent 20k to get to Wales by train

money well spent or not ? I know where I stand on this but want to hear what the good folk of the ccmb politics board think . over to you

Re: Money well spent or Immoral

Scandalous. The 'entitled' milking the public purse again. No amount of charity photo ops will make this right.

The concept of royalty is hilarious. Descendants of wealthy landowners being treated with deference merely because they were born in the right bed. Everybody bowing and curtseying to them and supporting their wealthy lifestyles.

Outdated, let the Queen be the last?

Her Maj' bagged 82 million quid from everyone else via the Sovereign Grant in 2018 making her Britain's biggest benefit claimant by a very long mile.

Mention of Prince Harry, I was stood on The Mall near Buck House three years ago with an in-law who wanted to see that day's Trooping the Colour when in a matter of seconds I noticed several cars bombing our way preceded by two police motorbikes. He and his brother were sat in the back of one of the cars as the driver and front seat passenger wore black balaclavas. It was surreal and a little disturbing.

Madness in this day and age , they have enough properties and rooms to house a bloody army.
    I'm not anti royal, as they are loved, and provide revenue in tourism ,and a uniqueness many countries crave and admire, just need to live within thier means. .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Madness in this day and age , they have enough properties and rooms to house a bloody army.
    I'm not anti royal, as they are loved, and provide revenue in tourism ,and a uniqueness many countries crave and admire, just need to live within thier means. .
    Why not go the whole hog and have Wallace and Gromit as the Head of State and sidekick if it's about tourism? The royal family is part of the system in this country that has a disproportionate ratio of ex-public schoolboys in the Establishment, political favours being rewarded in the so-called honours list and an ongoing divide in our society.
    For my part, I will never bow unilaterally to anyone in life and would never address anyone as 'Your Highness', 'Your Grace' or similar.
    Royalty, religious figures, famous people and anyone else on this planet are human beings just like you and me - and deifying them or putting them on a pedestal demeans ourselves as human beings, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The concept of royalty is hilarious. Descendants of wealthy landowners being treated with deference merely because they were born in the right bed. Everybody bowing and curtseying to them and supporting their wealthy lifestyles.

,And guess who is The Supreme Governor of the Church of England....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why not go the whole hog and have Wallace and Gromit as the Head of State and sidekick if it's about tourism? The royal family is part of the system in this country that has a disproportionate ratio of ex-public schoolboys in the Establishment, political favours being rewarded in the so-called honours list and an ongoing divide in our society.
    For my part, I will never bow unilaterally to anyone in life and would never address anyone as 'Your Highness', 'Your Grace' or similar.
    Royalty, religious figures, famous people and anyone else on this planet are human beings just like you and me - and deifying them or putting them on a pedestal demeans ourselves as human beings, in my opinion.
    Couldn't agree more. Really cant stand the "they are good for tourism" brigade.

You either think "Born to reign over us" is a valid concept or you don't.

More than anything, it's the land owning that gets me. There was that study that shows 1% own 50% of the land or something. And people were freaking out in the referendum because the country is 'full up'.

Well that's why it's full up.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    More than anything, it's the land owning that gets me. There was that study that shows 1% own 50% of the land or something. And people were freaking out in the referendum because the country is 'full up'.

Well that's why it's full up.
    It's time for a land tax that would make it a financial burden to own large swathes of land. They'd soon get rid of it then! The EU subsidies for doing nothing are also a load of bull.

The CCMB online bully brigade has a new target I see, look at the investment and money our Royals bring into the country, and picking on the youngest as well, not unexpected if I honest, that's how bullies work, pick on the most vulnerable. the pack behaviour has been the MO on here for quite some time.

GSTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The CCMB online bully brigade has a new target I see, look at the investment and money our Royals bring into the country, and picking on the youngest as well, not unexpected if I honest, that's how bullies work, pick on the most vulnerable. the pack behaviour has been the MO on here for quite some time.

GSTQ.
    Brilliant. And typed with a straight face!

GSTQ.
    Not being a royalist equates to bullying? Oh, dear.
    And if you are unable to tolerate a difference of opinion without making perjorative remarks doesn't that make your attitude akin to bullying according to your own logic?

GSTQ.
    The most vulnerable? The royal family are the most vulnerable?

GSTQ.
    Very good parody, I see what you did 😉👍

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Brilliant. And typed with a straight face!
    I was just trying to be convincing , and just in case any believed me, and to put the record straight, IMHO the concept of a royal family is totally outdated and immoral, knocking Five houses together to make one biggie at the tax payers expense, pass me the sick bag, she'll be mum of the year next without ever having seen a shitty diaper.

Great reply from Prince William.
    Prince William: I’d be absolutely fine if my children were gay

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y_to_clipboard

GSTQ.
    👏

Blog Entries

Don't worry you lot, there will be no monarchy by the time we have a one world government.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Don't worry you lot, there will be no monarchy by the time we have a one world government.
    Yeh you tell em , all run by that secret higher Mosard society, except our little future Marxist republic ,at least we get to parade our tanks again, and have matching and saluting ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yeh you tell em , all run by that secret higher Mosard society, except our little future Marxist republic ,at least we get to parade our tanks again, and have matching and saluting ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bit warm for my hat today