+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lampard

Re: Lampard

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Call me mad but I think Lampard at Chelsea might work.
    It's a revolutionary, not evolutionary appointment. Definately worth a gamble IMO.

Great news for Ampadu too. Whether he stays or goes out on loan to Villa for the season, Lampard will do what's best for him (and Wales).

All I'll say is that what Lampard has done since he has stopped playing does not justify him being put in charge of a club that was winning Champions Leagues not too long ago - definitely an appointment for the fans and possibly one for a notoriously fickle dressing room.

Imo, Derby played by far the best football in the championship last season. Problem was, they could only sustain it for short periods in most games. They only just missed out in the play off final, and had Villa under the cosh in the last 10/15 minutes. We, as City fans know only too well what that feels like.
    Maybe the transfer ban at Chelsea prevented them attracting a big name manager. I think Lampard could well prove the majority in this thread wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Imo, Derby played by far the best football in the championship last season. Problem was, they could only sustain it for short periods in most games. They only just missed out in the play off final, and had Villa under the cosh in the last 10/15 minutes. We, as City fans know only too well what that feels like.
    Maybe the transfer ban at Chelsea prevented them attracting a big name manager. I think Lampard could well prove the majority in this thread wrong.
    I have to agree.
    This transfer umbongo has come at exactly the right time for Lampard. He already has excuses in abundance upon failure and he has the security of knowing he will have much more tume than most.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think it's madness. I know Rafa isn't popular down there, but he's exactly what they need right now. Lampard has no experience on the European transfer market and hardly revolutionized football at Derby last year. Next summer is going to be huge for them. If they don't finish in the top 4 this season, it's going to be even more difficult to recruit top players. This could set Chelsea back 5 years or more.
    Good. I fcuking hate Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's a revolutionary, not evolutionary appointment. Definately worth a gamble IMO.

Great news for Ampadu too. Whether he stays or goes out on loan to Villa for the season, Lampard will do what's best for Lampard (and England).

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I disagree, derby weren't that great in the championship, despite probably having the best group of players. They almost missed out on the playoffs and the football was pretty cautious stuff in the most part

I couldn’t see this happening, seems a big gamble. It worked with Pep and Zidane though..

Always wonder how Warnock would do with a top 4 team. When he has a strong championship team he’ll get you promoted. He got us up automatically with a team that probably should have been fighting for 6th. I think he would’ve done a better job than most man united managers since fergie.

Great ball by Ampadu @ 1:40

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I couldn’t see this happening, seems a big gamble. It worked with Pep and Zidane though..

Always wonder how Warnock would do with a top 4 team. When he has a strong championship team he’ll get you promoted. He got us up automatically with a team that probably should have been fighting for 6th. I think he would’ve done a better job than most man united managers since fergie.
    Jesus Christ