+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Tomlin wants to play for the Bluebirds

Re: Lee Tomlin wants to play for the Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't disagree, but I don't think we can just dismiss someone who has our best Championship goals per game ratio since Frazier Campbell either. He's done nothing wrong to not be included at this level, as unorthodox as he is.
    Absolutely not, and let's be honest, it isn't pretty but it is effective. I just hope we're not planning on using him as our first choice striker, because I think we should be looking for someone more natural. If we need someone to win headers though, he's your man. I've never seen anyone make the more of their ability than him and he's got the heart of a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    ......and I'm a massive Lee Tomlin fan, so am biased too! As you say, ultimately this is what goes on in Warnock's mind but as I said in my initial post, if the content of the article is true Warnock may finally have the player he thought he'd signed two seasons ago.
    I think we all hope we get that Tomlin! I think every fan, coach, player and manager etc of Tomlin's clubs has wondered, what player could we have if he's fit? Now the question is, what player could we have if he stays fit.

....or it's just a cunning plan to fatten him up for market (or not, based on his picture).

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Would love to see Tomlin or Reid okay everyweek as a 10 in behind the striker. However I can’t see Warnock not going with 3 midfielders in most games.
    Me too, I reckon him Vaulks and ralls will tear it up with Reid, Murphy, nml and zohore.......whoosh...tomlin always had the football brain just not the attitude or fitness....he could be a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Me too, I reckon him Vaulks and ralls will tear it up with Reid, Murphy, nml and zohore.......whoosh...tomlin always had the football brain just not the attitude or fitness....he could be a revelation.
    If his mind is in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Apparently, he's lost two stone and wants to play for the Bluebirds. Presumably, he'd still be living in Leicester.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...w-ive-16482667
    translated too ( oh shit no one has come in for me ).

Its not weight he needs to lose, its attitude against work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Repeating the same mistake expecting a different result is how Einstein defined insanity and that's how I see the Tomlin saga.
    I was speaking to a fella who coached him at Rushton and he viewed him as a wasted talent because of his eating and training.
    Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome”
    In this case we wouldn’t be. He seems to have got himself in shape, and appears to be mentally right.
    He has undoubted talent, and could well be one of the best players in the championship this coming season.
    But hey ho, lets get rid, and probably see it come back to haunt us.

He only deserves a chance if he shows commitment and moves to Cardiff/South Wales

His little hissy fit at Bolton was embarrassing and things could have turned really sour

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He only deserves a chance if he shows commitment and moves to Cardiff/South Wales

His little hissy fit at Bolton was embarrassing and things could have turned really sour
    In fairness, I think Tomlin did have a house down here. It's a similar situation to NML and Arter (and probably others). NML lives in Birmingham but I assume he has a place down here, and Arter stayed in the Vale.

He's clearly in the best shape of his life, if he's mentally in a good place as well this could be like a big new signing for us

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Tomlin has said all this stuff before and he always seems to lose weight when he wants something from another club. If he agreed to move to Cardiff I would be more sympathetic but past history suggests he always wants to live in the Leicester area and commute which is utterly ludicrous and shows a complete lack of commitment to Cardiff City.
    Agreed move to Cardiff he has enough money to buy umpteen houses and when he moves he can sell up at a profit, a nice little investment. If he s genuine he needs to commit himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If we're playing Paterson up front vs Wigan, something will have gone horribly wrong in the summer.
    Best Header we've got and a solid hard working player, but I agree we need to go all out for a goal scoring Striker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, I think Tomlin did have a house down here. It's a similar situation to NML and Arter (and probably others). NML lives in Birmingham but I assume he has a place down here, and Arter stayed in the Vale.
    Yeah, it isn't an unusual situation for a professional footballer. Aaron Ramsey lived in South Wales and traveled to training at Arsenal by helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Yeah, it isn't an unusual situation for a professional footballer. Aaron Ramsey lived in South Wales and traveled to training at Arsenal by helicopter.
    IIRC, he drove backwards and forwards every day.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Murphy/Hoillet Striker/Ward/Zohore Mendez-Laing/Paterson
    Paterson/Reid
    Ralls/Midfielder(Vaulks?)/Midfielder/Bacuna (2 of)
    Bennet/Cunningham Morrison/Manga/Bamba/Centre Half(Nelson?) Peltier/Right Back

Etheridge/Smithies

Tomlin won't be anywhere near that team - Ralls and Morrison will be starters every game

That is Warnocks team and style - Tomlin will be gone very shortly I imagine if we can get anybody to pay his wages
    It's a fair old team, if we fill those gaps correctly, we could be a real unit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    IIRC, he drove backwards and forwards every day.
    Driving is tiring, and professional footballers should keep the travelling to an abosolute minimum, for peak performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Driving is tiring, and professional footballers should keep the travelling to an abosolute minimum, for peak performance!
    Probably had a driver though

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I thought he lived in London with Chris Gunter?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I thought he lived in London with Chris Gunter?
    Civil partnership or full blown marriage?

I’m all for it, if he’s up for it he could well be the type that we’re crying out for. Admittedly he hasn’t covered himself in glory with us but still showed the odd delightful touch. Warnock thrives on the lost cause type of player, sort this one out Neil and we’ve got a player on our hands👍

with 3 games in 8 days most weeks we need a strong squad with options and a fit Tomlin could be what we need