+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin wants to play for the Bluebirds

Lee Tomlin wants to play for the Bluebirds

Apparently, he's lost two stone and wants to play for the Bluebirds. Presumably, he'd still be living in Leicester.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...w-ive-16482667

Re: Lee Tomlin wants to play for the Bluebirds

Kettering Town is about is level these days.

I'd have him back in a flash. We're desperately lacking creativity in the final third. If we're to believe what's in the interview then Warnock may have performed miracles here. If he can get Tomlin firing on all cylinders - physically and mentally - we'll be a different proposition next season.

I'd be willing to take a chance on both Tomlin and Zohore. If they don't work out then plan B.

Cool Re: Lee Tomlin wants to play for the Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I'd be willing to take a chance on both Tomlin and Zohore. If they don't work out then plan B.
    Patterson up front??

International

Plan B for every occasion is Paterson

He posted photos of himself topless yesterday. My initial thought was that he was hoping to get on Love Island. He does look in good shape and has lost a hell of a lot of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I'd have him back in a flash. We're desperately lacking creativity in the final third. If we're to believe what's in the interview then Warnock may have performed miracles here. If he can get Tomlin firing on all cylinders - physically and mentally - we'll be a different proposition next season.
    Where do you play Reid if Tomlin plays? Tomlin clearly is the type to need to play week in week out, otherwise his mental state and fitness drops off. We should be building a team around Reid.

Repeating the same mistake expecting a different result is how Einstein defined insanity and that's how I see the Tomlin saga.
    I was speaking to a fella who coached him at Rushton and he viewed him as a wasted talent because of his eating and training.

The singer?

Would love to see Tomlin or Reid okay everyweek as a 10 in behind the striker. However I can’t see Warnock not going with 3 midfielders in most games.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Repeating the same mistake expecting a different result is how Einstein defined insanity and that's how I see the Tomlin saga.
    I was speaking to a fella who coached him at Rushton and he viewed him as a wasted talent because of his eating and training.
    Spot on how many chances do you give these time wasters that can't be bothered to keep fit?

Tomlin has said all this stuff before and he always seems to lose weight when he wants something from another club. If he agreed to move to Cardiff I would be more sympathetic but past history suggests he always wants to live in the Leicester area and commute which is utterly ludicrous and shows a complete lack of commitment to Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Where do you play Reid if Tomlin plays? Tomlin clearly is the type to need to play week in week out, otherwise his mental state and fitness drops off. We should be building a team around Reid.
    I see them as different types of players and even ignoring this, they don't both necessarily need to start every game. I could see Reid as a second striker with Tomlin pulling the strings at the tip of the diamond.

I see them as different types of players and even ignoring this, they don't both necessarily need to start every game. I could see Reid as a second striker with Tomlin pulling the strings at the tip of the diamond.
    I'm a massive Bobby Reid fan, so I'm biased but I think he's the sort of player we should be looking to play every game. I think Tomlin could surprise us all but I think he's third in whatever position behind the striker we play, with Reid and Paterson as first and second choices in Warnock's mind.

One more chance

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Patterson up front??
    I know that sounds funny but he's got a better goalscoring rate in the Championship than Zohore and he was a better forward in the Premier League than Zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I know that sounds funny but he's got a better goalscoring rate in the Championship than Zohore and he was a better forward in the Premier League than Zohore.
    If we're playing Paterson up front vs Wigan, something will have gone horribly wrong in the summer.

Zohore/Paterson Reid
    Murphy/Hoilett Tomlin Mendez-Laing
    Cruncher
    Could be one hell of an attack minded side.

If we're playing Paterson up front vs Wigan, something will have gone horribly wrong in the summer.
    I don't disagree, but I don't think we can just dismiss someone who has our best Championship goals per game ratio since Frazier Campbell either. He's done nothing wrong to not be included at this level, as unorthodox as he is.

I didn't think we'd ever see him in a city first team shirt again but if he's got his head on and he gaffer thinks he worth another shot then we should get behind him as he has the talent to ruin championship defences.

I'm a massive Bobby Reid fan, so I'm biased but I think he's the sort of player we should be looking to play every game. I think Tomlin could surprise us all but I think he's third in whatever position behind the striker we play, with Reid and Paterson as first and second choices in Warnock's mind.
    ......and I'm a massive Lee Tomlin fan, so am biased too! As you say, ultimately this is what goes on in Warnock's mind but as I said in my initial post, if the content of the article is true Warnock may finally have the player he thought he'd signed two seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't disagree, but I don't think we can just dismiss someone who has our best Championship goals per game ratio since Frazier Campbell either. He's done nothing wrong to not be included at this level, as unorthodox as he is.
    Murphy/Hoillet Striker/Ward/Zohore Mendez-Laing/Paterson
    Paterson/Reid
    Ralls/Midfielder(Vaulks?)/Midfielder/Bacuna (2 of)
    Bennet/Cunningham Morrison/Manga/Bamba/Centre Half(Nelson?) Peltier/Right Back

Etheridge/Smithies

Tomlin won't be anywhere near that team - Ralls and Morrison will be starters every game

That is Warnocks team and style - Tomlin will be gone very shortly I imagine if we can get anybody to pay his wages

Plan B is now known as Plan Paterson.