Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Why has Wales Online.....................................

  1. #1

    Why has Wales Online.....................................

    taken to given us daily updates on Leeds and Villa's transfer plans?

  2. #2

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Because it's shite and has been for a long time.

  3. #3
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,518

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    taken to given us daily updates on Leeds and Villa's transfer plans?
    I think it is the same generic transfer report that the whole stable of regional papers/websites plus The Mirror (Trinity Mirror Group?) put out. Real regional journalism is on life support. This is just cheap filler - probably written in London.

  4. #4

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    taken to given us daily updates on Leeds and Villa's transfer plans?
    Why has Wales Online.........

    The number of questions that could be created starting with just those 4 words...

  5. #5

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think it is the same generic transfer report that the whole stable of regional papers/websites plus The Mirror (Trinity Mirror Group?) put out. Real regional journalism is on life support. This is just cheap filler - probably written in London.
    probably written by algorithm

  6. #6

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Do they still do the weekly ex rugby player is doing now story? Tedious......

  7. #7
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    14,749

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Because it's shite and has been for a long time.
    It was shite after Peter Jackson left!

  8. #8

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    its a crap news outlet, run by another crap outfit called The Mirror (Trinity Mirror Group?) as pointed out by jon1959 ,think they used to print all the free area papers you see like the Caerphilly Observer

  9. #9

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was shite after Peter Jackson left!
    After the pink footie paper, and the late printed Echo went , I left, as its all became worthless next day theft reporting

  10. #10

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    taken to given us daily updates on Leeds and Villa's transfer plans?
    Because it's owned by an English company who have no interest in Wales or the Welsh.

  11. #11

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do they still do the weekly ex rugby player is doing now story? Tedious......
    JPR's Favourite Biscuit was one of my all time favourite articles.

  12. #12

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Because it's owned by an English company who have no interest in Wales or the Welsh.
    They have no interest in anything, just clicks. It's not an anti welsh thing, it's a there's no money in local journalism thing.

  13. #13

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Do they still do the "21 things you only know if you went to Llangrannog in the 90s/00s!" articles?

  14. #14

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Do they still do the "21 things you only know if you went to Llangrannog in the 90s/00s!" articles?
    No, they do the 21 things you only know if you read the 21 things you only know if you went to Llangrannog in the 90s/00s now.

  15. #15

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They have no interest in anything, just clicks. It's not an anti welsh thing, it's a there's no money in local journalism thing.
    Ah, so I need to click on the Birmingham or Leeds equivalent sites to see reports about Cardiff?

  16. #16

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    Their most popular story today is about someone with size 36k breasts. (No it's not about Lee Tomlin new fitness regime).

    For anyone interested (that's a yes I assume) here's a link

    My 36K breasts are ruining my life

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...wsApp_AppShare
    Last edited by The Bloop; 26-06-19 at 18:21. Reason: .

  17. #17

    Re: Why has Wales Online.....................................

    It's a shame they have deteriorated to clickbait headlines and farcical stories based on what they find on social media.

    There is still enough local interest news for them to thrive but they have chosen (as have all Trinity websites) to post bullshit over and over.

    What annoys me the most, and the BBC are now as bad, is the multiple postings on their own social media platforms of the exact same news.

    Some articles are tweeted up to 10 - 15 times, often worded slightly differently but leading to the same story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •