+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin update

Bitcoin update

My portfolio is almost back to its all time high.
    2018 was a bad year for this asset but we are back in believer territory again.
    I think 20k is likely but I predicted that by end of 2018 and was Very wrong then.

Anyway some believe 100k is likely this year.

Get a little ... (say 1 tenth of a bitcoin) or 10,000,000 Satoshis and enjoy the ride. For a £1,000. (Grand)

Do your own research.
    Don't leave it on an exchange.
    Learn how to look after your own investment I recommend Bread wallet on Android and iOS.
    Only use investment funds you can afford to lose.

Re: Bitcoin update

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I think 20k is likely but I predicted that by end of 2018 and was Very wrong then.

Get a little ... (say 1 tenth of a bitcoin) or 10,000,000 Satoshis and enjoy the ride. For a £1,000. (Grand)

Do your own research.
    Learn how to look after your own investment I recommend Bread wallet on Android and iOS.
    I was thinking about it. Can’t see bread on the apple stores

Bitcoin salesman to potential investor - ' I have this thing that you need to buy. Its doesn't really exist and cant be used in everyday life for buying anything but its the latest fad and could make you money. Oh and by the way it could lose you everything' Not very attractive proposition when you read it like that is it. Unfortunately also the people most likely to take a gamble on it, are the ones who can least afford to do it or lose it.

Isn't cryptocurrency the preferred medium of exchange for dark web drug and arms traders?

I think I'll stay happy in my relative ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bitcoin salesman to potential investor - ' I have this thing that you need to buy. Its doesn't really exist and cant be used in everyday life for buying anything but its the latest fad and could make you money. Oh and by the way it could lose you everything' Not very attractive proposition when you read it like that is it. Unfortunately also the people most likely to take a gamble on it, are the ones who can least afford to do it or lose it.
    Recently bought a Mac computer, also donated to some heavy farming equipment ;-) in Rojava and regularly buy music and support good causes

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Isn't cryptocurrency the preferred medium of exchange for dark web drug and arms traders?

I think the 74 billion dollar market of arms trade and the 435 billion dollar drug trade a year is mainly paid for by fiat currency.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Recently bought a Mac computer, also donated to some heavy farming equipment ;-) in Rojava and regularly buy music and support good causes
    Thats all very good but they are hardly day to day purchases that the average man in the street is likely to want to do. Try buying a pack of Cornflakes or a packet of cigarettes with bitcoin and see what happens.

I would sell the value of the original investment and keep the rest as profit. One day, just like the tech share boom of the 1990's, this investment (if you can call it that) will fall flat.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I watch The Blacklist too.

I had a cold caller try to get me to invest in Bitcoin a few weeks ago. I talked to them for about half an hour (it was my dinner break at work and I was bored). I asked if I could spend it down the pub on a Friday night, and they told me no. I asked what I could spend it on and they hung up.

I have 0.00126504 BTC, a balance left over from an online purchase last year.

When I made that transaction in September the value of my balance was $8.42

On seeing this thread I've checked again and it's now worth $17.61

So it's value has doubled since then.

Credit to the OP for acknowledging his awful bitcoin to $20,000 call by 2018's end. It fell to a low of $3,200 last December. It's over quadrupled in price since then, and is currently up 10% today (it was up 16% two hour ago... talk about volatility!).

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Credit to the OP for acknowledging his awful bitcoin to $20,000 call by 2018's end. It fell to a low of $3,200 last December. It's over quadrupled in price since then, and is currently up 10% today (it was up 16% two hour ago... talk about volatility!).
    And collapsed £1,800 just an hour ago.
    It’s the long term you must be in it for.
    It will make you rich in time.
    I think.
    Do your own research.

Do your own research.
    It will go bust I reckon, but one day one of the big tech companies will make this type of money exchange work, Facebook are in, but maybe one of the others will beat them to it, Amazon possibly or google they are growing at such a rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    It will go bust I reckon, but one day one of the big tech companies will make this type of money exchange work, Facebook are in, but maybe one of the others will beat them to it, Amazon possibly or google they are growing at such a rate?
    Bitcoin will be the only one, the original!

More and more emerging markets and countries under strict financial governance both from their own and world governments will use it as bitcoin is providing an alternative, decentralized system of finance.

I think i read that 20% of btc peer to peer trading is done from Venezuela, most going to neighbouring countries. As dml1954 mentioned, trying buy fags and cornflakes in that country with the Bolivar Dollar.

You know it works because several governments and large financial institution are trying to close it down.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Bitcoin will be the only one, the original!

More and more emerging markets and countries under strict financial governance both from their own and world governments will use it as bitcoin is providing an alternative, decentralized system of finance.

I think i read that 20% of btc peer to peer trading is done from Venezuela, most going to neighbouring countries. As dml1954 mentioned, trying buy fags and cornflakes in that country with the Bolivar Dollar.

You know it works because several governments and large financial institution are trying to close it down.
    But surely one of the big tech companies will get involved make it more easily available and do it better, i'm sure they will!

But surely one of the big tech companies will get involved make it more easily available and do it better, i'm sure they will!
    No. No No NO NO.

The original bitcoin works on trust and it is decentralised.

Put another way … NO ONE CONTROLS IT and it exists all over the world continuously updating its own blockchain with all the bitcoins and access to then controlled by wallets of owners. No one can affect it unless the internet is taken down and even then the bitcoin in cold storage are safe.

If any large company like Facebook who answer to the US Government start a coin it will not work. At best it will be a fiat substitute under Government control. A bit like Green shield stamps.

No. No No NO NO.

Put another way … NO ONE CONTROLS IT and it exists all over the world continuously updating its own blockchain with all the bitcoins and access to then controlled by wallets of owners. No one can affect it unless the internet is taken down and even then the bitcoin in cold storage are safe.

If any large company like Facebook who answer to the US Government start a coin it will not work. At best it will be a fiat substitute under Government control. A bit like Green shield stamps.
    Decentralised, no one controls it...hmmm heard that all before in the 90s when the internet was getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    I watch The Blacklist too.
    You do? I gave up after one season. Couldn't stand the woman or her husband and all the fake intrigue.

No. No No NO NO.

I'm not sure Facebook or the others would agree?

Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' cryptocurrency in 2020

Mark Zuckerberg met the governor of Bank of England last month to discuss the decision.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rrency-in-2020

It might take a while and lots of potential problems but one of the big tech firms will crack it eventually.

I'm not sure Facebook or the others would agree?

Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' cryptocurrency in 2020

Mark Zuckerberg met the governor of Bank of England last month to discuss the decision.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rrency-in-2020

It might take a while and lots of potential problems but one of the big tech firms will crack it eventually.
    They can create all they want, i think there are 1600 crypto currencies out in world now, adoption and use is where its at!

At least Facebook don't have to do a KYC on people, they got all they need!

My original December 2015 stake of £900 is today worth £75,000. Still Hodling.
    Any other forum members on board.

My original December 2015 stake of £900 is today worth £75,000. Still Hodling.
    Any other forum members on board.
    I first bought into cryptocurrencies in 2017. My portfolio includes:

PolkaDot
    Theta
    Cardano
    Vechain
    Zilliqa
    XRP (Yeah, I know but I think it will rocket after the SEC court case!).
    XLM

The financial institutions have now accepted that Bitcoin is here to stay and are ploughing millions into it, hence the reason for the explosion in Bitcoin and the top alt coins too.
    Forget the old argument of... "I can't buy a packet of cigarettes with it. So it must be useless, surely?"
    Most of the better performing top 20 cryptocurrencies have a practical use. Most notably for making international payments much faster than current practices such as SWIFT and as a means of tracking inventory.

Bitcoin is clawing its way into gold's market now, which will mean Bitcoin's market cap will run into trillions.

As of this moment in time Bitcoin is just under 26k - by 2025 it's likely to be worth around 250k.
    Bitcoin is now recognised as a store of wealth.

I've also invested in 'Unstoppable Domains'. These are websites that are run off the Blockchain and cannot be taken down by any entity. You make a one-time payment and you own the website for life. You can also make cryptocurrency payments to that website direct from any crypto wallet.

Think of the dot-com boom... people are already snapping up Unstoppable Domains now, with a view to making money by selling them to the original name holders (of course, companies in particular) in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I first bought into cryptocurrencies in 2017. My portfolio includes:

PolkaDot
    Theta
    Cardano
    Vechain
    Zilliqa
    XRP (Yeah, I know but I think it will rocket after the SEC court case!).
    XLM

The financial institutions have now accepted that Bitcoin is here to stay and are ploughing millions into it, hence the reason for the explosion in Bitcoin and the top alt coins too.
    Forget the old argument of... "I can't buy a packet of cigarettes with it. So it must be useless, surely?"
    Most of the better performing top 20 cryptocurrencies have a practical use. Most notably for making international payments much faster than current practices such as SWIFT and as a means of tracking inventory.

Bitcoin is clawing its way into gold's market now, which will mean Bitcoin's market cap will run into trillions.

As of this moment in time Bitcoin is just under 26k - by 2025 it's likely to be worth around 250k.
    Bitcoin is now recognised as a store of wealth.
    👍👍👍👍
    Agree totally RFoF.
    It will remain volatile but if you are in long term and just let it ride I remain convinced it will make you rich.
    Even at these mad levels.
    My hairdresser bought one tenth of a BTC before Xmas and is 30 per cent up. 👍