Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

  1. #1

    Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?


  2. #2

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    I think The onus will be on the person coming out of the junction to ensure its safe to pull out, by their presence the other vehicle has swerved and crashed.

  3. #3

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I think The onus will be on the person coming out of the junction to ensure its safe to pull out, by their presence the other vehicle has swerved and crashed.
    Bt look at the speed the other car was doing ....... Nowhere near the 30 speed limit

  4. #4

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road.

  5. #5

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    That road is actually a 20 mph nowadays. But I'm sure the insurance company will say that irrespective of speed the car that pulled out of the junction will be the one that pays

  6. #6

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    That road is actually a 20 mph nowadays. But I'm sure the insurance company will say that irrespective of speed the car that pulled out of the junction will be the one that pays
    Both at fault, I would have thought, the speeding car that hit the post insurance company will claim half the cost from the other insurance company I would have thought?

  7. #7

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Since a cyclist was deemed at fault for hitting a woman who was looking at her phone when she walked out onto the road, he should have been aware said the judge, I would have thought the fault lies with the person whose car hit the lamp post.

  8. #8

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Difficult to prove how fast the car was going.

    Easy to prove the other one pulled out in front of it

  9. #9

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road.
    I thought cyclists owned the roads😁

  10. #10

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought cyclists owned the roads��


    Most Audi tossers wear Lycra and got a £3K bike in the garage, so I see where you’re coming from

  11. #11

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    In cases when one car is speeding (which is 10% of the given speed limit), then they would be at fault.

    The reason is because the driver pulling out of the junction would have their made their decision based on the speed limit of the other car.

  12. #12

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    But unless you can prove the other car was speeding then its no chance

  13. #13

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    But unless you can prove the other car was speeding then its no chance
    Tyre marks and the amount of damage gives a clear indication of speed/velocity.

  14. #14

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    I won't embarrass the writer of the below comment but it really is stupid.
    "Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road."

    Categorising drivers by the make of a car is an idiotic statement. The other day I was cut up by a Kia driver but I wouldn't say all Kia drivers are idiots.

  15. #15

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post


    Most Audi tossers wear Lycra and got a £3K bike in the garage, so I see where you’re coming from
    I think that you might be over generalising a bit here. Lots of our fans and players must be tossers then, because there are hundreds of them in the car park on match days. Could it not just be that they are well built, reliable cars ?Presumably you think all VW owners are of a similar disposition, since VW own Audi.

  16. #16

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Who will go and take those measurements regarding velocity and tyre marks?

  17. #17

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I won't embarrass the writer of the below comment but it really is stupid.
    "Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road."

    Categorising drivers by the make of a car is an idiotic statement. The other day I was cut up by a Kia driver but I wouldn't say all Kia drivers are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that you might be over generalising a bit here. Lots of our fans and players must be tossers then, because there are hundreds of them in the car park on match days. Could it not just be that they are well built, reliable cars ?Presumably you think all VW owners are of a similar disposition, since VW own Audi.
    Methinks, people should lighten up a tage

    God help your sense (or lack of), humour when Boris takes over

  18. #18

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Who will go and take those measurements regarding velocity and tyre marks?

    A “velocity and tyre mark measurer”, I should imagine

  19. #19

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Similar to that bike thread the other day insomuch as you shouldn't swerve.He should have braked and suffered the consequences which would have resulted in him being blameless in this case.He may have been speeding and he's dead lucky he didn't hit someone as he would have been charged with a more serious offence as he clearly wasn't in control of the vehicle once he swerved.

  20. #20

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    But unless you can prove the other car was speeding then its no chance
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Tyre marks and the amount of damage gives a clear indication of speed/velocity.
    If only there was video footage available of the incident aswell. You'd be able to work out the speed from that.

  21. #21

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Who will go and take those measurements regarding velocity and tyre marks?
    The police - considering this could have involved pedestrians being hit, along with at least thousands of damage to the street light, they'll presumably have attended?

  22. #22
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,138

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    A “velocity and tyre mark measurer”, I should imagine
    Is the correct answer. 😂

  23. #23

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    The person who pulled out is clearly at fault, as if the other driver was driving within the speed limit (and nothing is there to suggest he/she wasn't), then the most likely outcome is swerve or have a head on contact.
    Instinct will kick in and most people will swerve. Bearing in mind the incredible reactions of the driver who crashed, to avoid the car and the people at the cafe, it suggests that the speed wasn't as significant an issue as some might think.

  24. #24

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road.
    What audi, that's a Ford focus and a BMW 1 series

  25. #25

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road.
    Yes the new BMW drivers sadly not kids ,business mens choice of vehicle now, knobs.

  26. #26

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFLA View Post
    What audi, that's a Ford focus and a BMW 1 series
    NO SHIT

    Was it Mrs Steve R’s hubby in the Focus ????

  27. #27

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    If there is a crash and one driver totally admits fault, will their insurance pay the full cost of repair of the innocent car, even if the cost is more than the cars' market value?

  28. #28

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    In cases when one car is speeding (which is 10% of the given speed limit), then they would be at fault.

    The reason is because the driver pulling out of the junction would have their made their decision based on the speed limit of the other car.
    I think this may be right although I don't drive and have no idea how this kind of thing works. I've got a long story here which isn't very interesting so I wouldn't bother reading it, it's a bit vague too because it happened 25 years ago but basically I saw a very similar incident to this in Grangetown on the evening of the 1994 World Cup Final.

    A car driven by an old man pulled out at a junction and caused a young woman to swerve her car, she had to brake hard which spun the car and then, somehow, she accelerated out of the spin and hit a wall. She may have hit a parked car too, I can't remember. She was screaming hysterically and all the locals came out to look but me and my lad just walked off and I thought nothing more of it really.

    Until a few months later that is, when I saw a card in the local newsagents asking if anyone had seen a crash on July 17th. I realised it was the incident I'd seen and rang the number given. Within minutes a young guy was knocking on my door and telling me the story. It was his girlfriend driving the car that crashed but the problem was the car that pulled out was driven by a vicar and he, and the other respectable citizens in his car, were claiming that she'd caused the crash because she was speeding. As I understood it, his version of events was being accepted as the truth and it looked like the girl was going to be held responsible which would cost her thousands of pounds that she didn't have.

    I said there was no way she was speeding, my lad was only 5 at the time and I was very conscious of that kind of thing around there, and that the crash was caused entirely by the old guy pulling out into her path. I said I'd be more than happy to write a statement to that effect which I did there and then. The guy was buzzing. He was a City fan and he was making some half-hearted attempts at small talk but he couldn't even sit down. He was just pacing around while I wrote my statement out.

    Again, I thought little of it for a couple of months until there was a knock on my door one evening. I opened it and the young couple were standing there with a box of chocolates for my family. Apparently, as soon as my statement went in the vicar withdrew his version of events and admitted responsibility. The pair of them were so grateful, it was a nice moment to be honest. I kind of wish I'd said 'I've just saved you thousands of pounds and all I get is a box of f**king chocolates?' but sometimes you don't think of these things till it's too late.

  29. #29

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    You never know but perhaps someone will help you one day and not expect to be paid for it.

  30. #30

    Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I think this may be right although I don't drive and have no idea how this kind of thing works. I've got a long story here which isn't very interesting so I wouldn't bother reading it, it's a bit vague too because it happened 25 years ago but basically I saw a very similar incident to this in Grangetown on the evening of the 1994 World Cup Final.

    A car driven by an old man pulled out at a junction and caused a young woman to swerve her car, she had to brake hard which spun the car and then, somehow, she accelerated out of the spin and hit a wall. She may have hit a parked car too, I can't remember. She was screaming hysterically and all the locals came out to look but me and my lad just walked off and I thought nothing more of it really.

    Until a few months later that is, when I saw a card in the local newsagents asking if anyone had seen a crash on July 17th. I realised it was the incident I'd seen and rang the number given. Within minutes a young guy was knocking on my door and telling me the story. It was his girlfriend driving the car that crashed but the problem was the car that pulled out was driven by a vicar and he, and the other respectable citizens in his car, were claiming that she'd caused the crash because she was speeding. As I understood it, his version of events was being accepted as the truth and it looked like the girl was going to be held responsible which would cost her thousands of pounds that she didn't have.

    I said there was no way she was speeding, my lad was only 5 at the time and I was very conscious of that kind of thing around there, and that the crash was caused entirely by the old guy pulling out into her path. I said I'd be more than happy to write a statement to that effect which I did there and then. The guy was buzzing. He was a City fan and he was making some half-hearted attempts at small talk but he couldn't even sit down. He was just pacing around while I wrote my statement out.

    Again, I thought little of it for a couple of months until there was a knock on my door one evening. I opened it and the young couple were standing there with a box of chocolates for my family. Apparently, as soon as my statement went in the vicar withdrew his version of events and admitted responsibility. The pair of them were so grateful, it was a nice moment to be honest. I kind of wish I'd said 'I've just saved you thousands of pounds and all I get is a box of f**king chocolates?' but sometimes you don't think of these things till it's too late.
    I take two things from that story:

    1. So much for a Christian conscious.

    2. in 1994, some people struggled to scrape the money together for the price of a meal let alone buy a box of chocolates.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •