+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three new players signed. Vaulks, Day and Nelson

Re: Three new players signed. Vaulks, Day and Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I see that the 'soothsayers' are out in force today. 'Woe is me, woe is me, we've signed three new players but now another three are bound to leave'. How anyone can take a positive day like this, when three new signings are announced and turn it into a negative, is beyond me. I really dont know why you all bother getting up in the morning.
    Fake drama.

Interesting from Neil Warnock's brief interview today on the new signings - he says Ralls is training and Peterson is nearly back and Bamba and Connolly are on their way (didn't realise Connolly was still injured at the end of the season). He also name checks Cameron Coxe - which is good to hear.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...eeks-business/

“We’ve been working hard in the background for the last few weeks really," began the Gaffer. "There’s been a lot of speculation around and I think that all three players have got something to prove.

“I’m really pleased and think that they’ll fit in well having met them. I’ve been after Will Vaulks for a few weeks now, and from the first meeting that I had with him I know that he was just our cup of tea, really.

“The squad will be changing over the next few weeks and I wanted to get these three in quickly. Curtis Nelson is a lad that I’ve liked since he was at Plymouth Argyle many years ago when I watched him – I always felt he could go right to the very top.

“I’m really pleased with this week’s business and I’m looking forward to getting back into it now."

He added: “We’ve got to all get as many minutes as we can together and then get ready for that first game.

“When you look at the teams in the Championship this year, there’s not an easy game.

“But you’ve got to look on the other side of it and I can't imagine many teams will like to play against us.

"I think this is probably the best Championship team I’ve ever managed."

“Everybody seems to be doing well, Joe Ralls has trained well and [Callum] Paterson’s not far away now.

"Cameron Coxe should be going on grass tomorrow (Friday) as well, and other than that I think there's just Sol Bamba, with Matthew Connolly coming back as well.

“It’s looking well at the moment, so let’s hope that we have a bit more luck on the injury front next year.”

Interesting that he mentioned Coxe when talking about the first team

How often is a 3rd choice keeper used, better off just 2 and a kid or coach.

I think if money comes for etheridge will go otherwise should be able to get rid of Smithies.with wages paid and a loan fee.

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    Didn't Warnock say that all signings will be first team players ? Hmm
    Could all become first team squad players.

Think Etheridge will be gone by start of season.....club won't make the mistake of not cashing in like they did with our Kenneth.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Think Etheridge will be gone by start of season.....club won't make the mistake of not cashing in like they did with our Kenneth.
    Do agree especially if the fee is right which for me is over 12 million , yes he's good,
    he is however replaceable, and in my view his distribution is poor , and at times his high ball decesion making .

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do agree especially if the fee is right which for me is over 12 million , yes he's good,
    he is however replaceable, and in my view his distribution is poor , and at times his high ball decision making .
    Which of course other teams scouts will not have noticed when the give us £10 million + for him.
    Or maybe he aint that bad after all!

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    How often is a 3rd choice keeper used, better off just 2 and a kid or coach.

I think if money comes for etheridge will go otherwise should be able to get rid of Smithies.with wages paid and a loan fee.
    I agree Radcliffe is good enough for 3rd Goalkeeper and can continue to play for under 23’s? Smithies and Murphy played 3? First team games between them last year and I believe you can always have an emergency loan for a keeper so two sitting on the bench is a complete waste of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Personally I don't think it was a mistake. It sent a message that we were serious about promotion and wanted to keep our players. Regardless of what happened, we went up so I'm glad we kept him.

I see that the 'soothsayers' are out in force today. 'Woe is me, woe is me, we've signed three new players but now another three are bound to leave'. How anyone can take a positive day like this, when three new signings are announced and turn it into a negative, is beyond me. I really dont know why you all bother getting up in the morning.
    This is one of the most insightful comments from a clearly down-to-earth, stand up, reasonable gent.

Give me a six player squad of players with a good attitude and a will to succeed and I’d be a happy fan.

Gotta give it to you dml, you are bigger than this board. Truly, a mountain of a man. Such decorum astounds me.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Interesting that he mentioned Coxe when talking about the first team
    I'd love to see him given a chance. Also got me thinking about the full back positions. If Coxe is given an opportunity he'd be up against Peltier and Jazz at RB, with Jazz also competing with Bennett at LB. Could Cunningham be on his way? Despite the obvious esteem he was held in by PNE fans, I can't quite see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I'd love to see him given a chance. Also got me thinking about the full back positions. If Coxe is given an opportunity he'd be up against Peltier and Jazz at RB, with Jazz also competing with Bennett at LB. Could Cunningham be on his way? Despite the obvious esteem he was held in by PNE fans, I can't quite see it myself.
    I can't see Cunningham going, particularly if there's interest in Bennett

Coxe is 20 now, so it really is make or break for him and I'd love for him to get a chance this season

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Richards will probably be injured all season again

Reading Twitter, seen a few Falkirk and Rotherham fans praising Vaulks and wishing him well. Praising him for on and off the field. Looks like a fan favourite..

How do people still take dml serious. Constantly trying to make posters seem nagative and jumping on them for it.

We have a pretty bloated squad now, at least in certain positions, so am expecting exits before further signings announced. I expect at least one of Connolly and Manga to go, as well as at least one of Healey, Bogle and Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Announce three new players. Will Vaulks, Curtis Nelson and Joe Day are all Cardiff City players.
    Potentially good signings. I hope that do well.
    Would still be good to see a high quality youngster loaned from a top team and a wryly grizzly experienced midfielder brought in.
    And a goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Reading Twitter, seen a few Falkirk and Rotherham fans praising Vaulks and wishing him well. Praising him for on and off the field. Looks like a fan favourite..

How do people still take dml serious. Constantly trying to make posters seem nagative and jumping on them for it.
    Vaulks won the EFL player in the community award last season. By all accounts, he's a great bloke.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Potentially good signings. I hope that do well.
    Would still be good to see a high quality youngster loaned from a top team and a wryly grizzly experienced midfielder brought in.
    And a goal scorer.
    Yes, a couple of useful loan players, one up and coming the other on the fringe of a prem squad. But by their nature these tend to happen closer to the end of the window than the beginning, sadly!

As a matter of interest are any of these 3 players represented by Unique Sports Management?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I don't think Day is coming here to be 3rd choice. Just my gut feeling.

He's only signed a 2 year deal, so coming here to not even get the chance to get splinters in his arse seems a bit odd.
    Goalkeepers are odd

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We have a pretty bloated squad now, at least in certain positions, so am expecting exits before further signings announced. I expect at least one of Connolly and Manga to go, as well as at least one of Healey, Bogle and Madine.
    Or maybe all of the above... you never know

Manga has a year left so the club may cash in. Connolly, unlucky in my view not to be playing, needs to move for regular football, also, jazz has to go.

Can’t see any room for madine and Healy... I think we’ve held onto him long enough and I just get the feeling he isn’t going to make it at this level

Omar is an odd one... really thought he had something to offer and was starting to play well before getting sent off against Bristol

So yeah,, most if not all those may leave

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

I can assure you that I mean everything that I post on here. The reason that my posts constantly make people look negative is that a number of people on the board are constantly negative, never post anything remotely positive and appear to deliberately go out of their way to denigrate players, management and the club generally. Now, if thats the way the way they want to be then fine, they are entitled to post what they want but so can I. Trouble is they dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    This is one of the most insightful comments from a clearly down-to-earth, stand up, reasonable gent.

Give me a six player squad of players with a good attitude and a will to succeed and I’d be a happy fan.

Gotta give it to you dml, you are bigger than this board. Truly, a mountain of a man. Such decorum astounds me.
    Thank you, your comments are much appreciated.

I can assure you that I mean everything that I post on here. The reason that my posts constantly make people look negative is that a number of people on the board are constantly negative, never post anything remotely positive and appear to deliberately go out of their way to denigrate players, management and the club generally. Now, if thats the way the way they want to be then fine, they are entitled to post what they want but so can I. Trouble is they dont like it.

You're just a different side of the same coin.