Thread: Women's World cup part 2

Women's World cup part 2

Quality of football is awful.

Re: Women's World cup part 2

2-0 is what counts

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Quality of football is awful.
    I watched 5 minutes if the England game. Knocked it off after the first goal. One player totally miskicked it and the England player behind her stuck her foot out and it went in.

Thought that was bad but when the commentator said "what a fantastic goal" I laughed and turned it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    I watched 5 minutes if the England game. Knocked it off after the first goal. One player totally miskicked it and the England player behind her stuck her foot out and it went in.

Thought that was bad but when the commentator said "what a fantastic goal" I laughed and turned it over.

first game i`ve watched, jeez there`s more skill shape and control with 13yr old kids. can`t see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    2-0 is what counts
    To win the game aye. But this shouldn't be on TV. What a waste of a licence fee.

Would still watch this over Love Island though.

There's certainly a lot of sloppy play/mistakes being made. The first goal was a joke.

Much more entertaining than the u21s I saw the other day. Ple Ty of mistakes at both ends but at least there are plenty of chances

France v USA should be great, winner of that will probably go on to win the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    France v USA should be great, winner of that will probably go on to win the tournament
    England look well-coached. They're not as good as France or the USA, but they could cause either of them problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    England look well-coached. They're not as good as France or the USA, but they could cause either of them problems.
    England have a few clangers in them though, and you'd expect a better team to capitalise

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Norway had a fair few occasions in the first half alone where a better decision would have lead to a goal, you'd expect the USA or France to put them away

I can't get excited about mens international football.

I can't even motivate myself to want England to lose in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I can't get excited about mens international football.

I can't even motivate myself to want England to lose in this.
    Imagine the media hype if they go on to win it. That should be motivation enough.

I sat down last night fully intending to watch the whole game with an attitude that it was not the men's team, so I would not be too bothered by an England win. After about ten minutes of listening to the commentary and the pundits though I was feeling like I always do when England play in certain sports and I started watching something else around the quarter of an hour mark.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never get over my England thing - it's got nothing to do with how I view women's football, I'd be watching every minute of every game if Wales were there and I've quite enjoyed the non England matches so far, but it's like flicking a switch with me as soon as I see the three lions or hear a chorus of Football's coming home!

Watched by 7.6 million last night.

I find it strange people highlight the mistakes so much like there aren’t ridiculous mistakes in the men’s game. Have you not watched a championship game ffs

How much of “It’s Coming Home”, can you stand !!!!!!!

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

I find it strange people highlight the mistakes so much like there aren’t ridiculous mistakes in the men’s game. Have you not watched a championship game ffs
    There will always be mistakes. It’s the constant mistakes which obviously hinder the Women’s game. Look at Wendie Renard... no one can deal with her. And look at her own goal. What the hell was that.

No championship side has done that!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    There will always be mistakes. It’s the constant mistakes which obviously hinder the Women’s game. Look at Wendie Renard... no one can deal with her. And look at her own goal. What the hell was that.

No championship side has done that!
    I saw Josh McGennis try to take a throw in from the middle of the pride park pitch, Djimi Traore do a cruyff turn into his own goal, Peter Enckleman let a ball roll under his foot after a throw in. People are just focussing on the mistakes more because they're women and for some reason are desperate to talk the game down whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

You must be blind then. The mistakes in women's game are constant and of a level you would see on parks pitches. You can not compare it with championship football. You couldn't even compare it to Welsh premier League football.

You must be blind then. The mistakes in women's game are constant and of a level you would see on parks pitches. You can not compare it with championship football. You couldn't even compare it to Welsh premier League football.
    Why are you so desperate to compare them and highlight the mistakes though?

I don't think it's perfect but it's no where as near as bad as people are making out.

I'm not. I was just replying to your post. I'm enjoying parts of the women's world cup but I don't see the problem in highlighting the mistakes. It is a key part of the women's game.

But there are mistakes at every level of football, I don't understand why the first thing people do is compare it to the men's game and talk it down.

We all know the professional men's game with millions of pounds and years of professional coaching is better, what's the value in people constantly saying it?

I heard today an interview with an ex England player (woman) when asked about the one goal (the third I think, the strike from the corner) she described it as better than any goal you see in the premiership.

Now it was as sweet a strike as you'll ever see and one that the scorer will do well to better, but the description was rather over the top to say the least.
    It she who compared it to the men's game.
    Is it okay for a woman to talk in this way but not a man? Perhaps that's what gets some people's backs up?

We are talking people's opinions here, which everybody is entitled to express.

I do believe though that many are tongue in cheek to get a reaction... and it works

You can not compare it with championship football.
    Of course you can't, and if you try to you're being idiotic.

Unsurprisingly, the women's game is nowhere near as physical as the men's game and in general terms the players are nowhere near as skillful, which is hardly a revelation. However, that doesn't mean to say that women's football can't be exciting or enjoyable to watch.

There have been plenty of entertaining games in this World Cup and lots of impressive skills on show too. One thing's for sure, last night's game was far more entertaining than much of the dross City served up in the Premier League last season.

I went to the Barry Town v Cilftonville game last night and the entertainment and finishing served up by England Ladies looked far superior.