Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Women's World cup part 2

Quality of football is awful.

Re: Women's World cup part 2

2-0 is what counts

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Quality of football is awful.
    I watched 5 minutes if the England game. Knocked it off after the first goal. One player totally miskicked it and the England player behind her stuck her foot out and it went in.

Thought that was bad but when the commentator said "what a fantastic goal" I laughed and turned it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    I watched 5 minutes if the England game. Knocked it off after the first goal. One player totally miskicked it and the England player behind her stuck her foot out and it went in.

Thought that was bad but when the commentator said "what a fantastic goal" I laughed and turned it over.

first game i`ve watched, jeez there`s more skill shape and control with 13yr old kids. can`t see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    2-0 is what counts
    To win the game aye. But this shouldn't be on TV. What a waste of a licence fee.

Would still watch this over Love Island though.

There's certainly a lot of sloppy play/mistakes being made. The first goal was a joke.

Much more entertaining than the u21s I saw the other day. Ple Ty of mistakes at both ends but at least there are plenty of chances

France v USA should be great, winner of that will probably go on to win the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    France v USA should be great, winner of that will probably go on to win the tournament
    England look well-coached. They're not as good as France or the USA, but they could cause either of them problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    England look well-coached. They're not as good as France or the USA, but they could cause either of them problems.
    England have a few clangers in them though, and you'd expect a better team to capitalise

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Norway had a fair few occasions in the first half alone where a better decision would have lead to a goal, you'd expect the USA or France to put them away

I can't get excited about mens international football.

I can't even motivate myself to want England to lose in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I can't get excited about mens international football.

I can't even motivate myself to want England to lose in this.
    Imagine the media hype if they go on to win it. That should be motivation enough.

I sat down last night fully intending to watch the whole game with an attitude that it was not the men's team, so I would not be too bothered by an England win. After about ten minutes of listening to the commentary and the pundits though I was feeling like I always do when England play in certain sports and I started watching something else around the quarter of an hour mark.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never get over my England thing - it's got nothing to do with how I view women's football, I'd be watching every minute of every game if Wales were there and I've quite enjoyed the non England matches so far, but it's like flicking a switch with me as soon as I see the three lions or hear a chorus of Football's coming home!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I sat down last night fully intending to watch the whole game with an attitude that it was not the men's team, so I would not be too bothered by an England win. After about ten minutes of listening to the commentary and the pundits though I was feeling like I always do when England play in certain sports and I started watching something else around the quarter of an hour mark.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never get over my England thing - it's got nothing to do with how I view women's football, I'd be watching every minute of every game if Wales were there and I've quite enjoyed the non England matches so far, but it's like flicking a switch with me as soon as I see the three lions or hear a chorus of Football's coming home!
    I have noticed the english men are starting to talk about 1066 when they last won something, and are now clutching to the women's team bringing home the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I have noticed the english men are starting to talk about 1066when they last won something, and are now clutching to the women's team bringing home the trophy.
    They lost in 1066

What I will say, is every time I turn over the channel, when the adverts come on, one side is always attacking, non of this tippy tappy shit between the back 4

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They lost in 1066

Watched by 7.6 million last night.

I find it strange people highlight the mistakes so much like there aren’t ridiculous mistakes in the men’s game. Have you not watched a championship game ffs

How much of “It’s Coming Home”, can you stand !!!!!!!

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Watched by 7.6 million last night.

I find it strange people highlight the mistakes so much like there aren’t ridiculous mistakes in the men’s game. Have you not watched a championship game ffs
    There will always be mistakes. It’s the constant mistakes which obviously hinder the Women’s game. Look at Wendie Renard... no one can deal with her. And look at her own goal. What the hell was that.

No championship side has done that!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    There will always be mistakes. It’s the constant mistakes which obviously hinder the Women’s game. Look at Wendie Renard... no one can deal with her. And look at her own goal. What the hell was that.

No championship side has done that!
    I saw Josh McGennis try to take a throw in from the middle of the pride park pitch, Djimi Traore do a cruyff turn into his own goal, Peter Enckleman let a ball roll under his foot after a throw in. People are just focussing on the mistakes more because they're women and for some reason are desperate to talk the game down whenever possible.

I saw Josh McGennis try to take a throw in from the middle of the pride park pitch, Djimi Traore do a cruyff turn into his own goal, Peter Enckleman let a ball roll under his foot after a throw in. People are just focussing on the mistakes more because they're women and for some reason are desperate to talk the game down whenever possible.
    Maybe some are, as suggested, on a wind up, but I'd suggest that, for reasons I cannot begin to fathom, some men feel almost threatened by the coverage the women's game is getting at the moment.

Josh’s on-pitch thrown in was at NP want it? Unless he did it twice!

What about Jobi McAnuff’s ‘stepover’.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Josh’s on-pitch thrown in was at NP want it? Unless he did it twice!

What about Jobi McAnuff’s ‘stepover’.
    I was pretty sure it was away.