+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will NW have to name a Squad as per the Premiership. If so, whose going to be in it?

Will NW have to name a Squad as per the Premiership. If so, whose going to be in it?

Tomlin?
    Madine? Bogle?
    Etheridge, Murphy, Smithies and Day?
    Healey?
    Coxe?
    Humphries?

Who will be in /out?

Re: Will NW have to name a Squad as per the Premiership. If so, whose going to be in it?

Is Madine back

Re: Will NW have to name a Squad as per the Premiership. If so, whose going to be in it?

I think the rule in the EFL is at least 7 home grown players (including 1 club developed player) in each match day squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think the rule in the EFL is at least 7 home grown players (including 1 club developed player) in each match day squad.
    We definitely didn't abide by that rule in 17/18 on multiple occasions! Apart from Joe Ralls, we're struggling for the club developed player!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We definitely didn't abide by that rule in 17/18 on multiple occasions! Apart from Joe Ralls, we're struggling for the club developed player!
    And even he's a bit dubious (signed from Farnborough at 15 I think it was).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And even he's a bit dubious (signed from Farnborough at 15 I think it was).
    A club-developed player is defined as one who has been registered to the club for at least a year before the end of his under-19 season.

Home grown players are players born in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    A club-developed player is defined as one who has been registered to the club for at least a year before the end of his under-19 season.
    Maybe so, but Ralls was "developed" far more by Farnborough than he was by Cardiff when you consider he was playing first team football for us at 17 - I don't see how our Academy can claim much credit for making him into the player he's become.

Maybe so, but Ralls was "developed" far more by Farnborough than he was by Cardiff when you consider he was playing first team football for us at 17 - I don't see how our Academy can claim much credit for making him into the player he's become.
    It's the same with a lot of the Swansea players, but the chat on here says they have a fantastic academy.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It's the same with a lot of the Swansea players, but the chat on here says they have a fantastic academy.
    Cough Dan James

You don't see how a club who's trained a player and given him consistent first team football between the ages of 15 and 24 can take much credit for developing a player?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Tomlin?
    Madine? Bogle?
    Healey?
    Coxe?
    Humphries?

Who will be in /out?
    Sounds like Tomlin has sorted his fitness out - could be a real threat this season

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Home grown players are players born in the uk
    That's completely false. A 'homegrown' player is classed as someone who has been on the books of an English (or one of the Welsh clubs affiliated with the FA) for 3 years before they turn 21.

e.g. Fabregas was classed as homegrown despite being born in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's completely false. A 'homegrown' player is classed as someone who has been on the books of an English (or one of the Welsh clubs affiliated with the FA) for 3 years before they turn 21.

e.g. Fabregas was classed as homegrown despite being born in Spain.

The igovernor thumb, that seal of approval

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You don't see how a club who's trained a player and given him consistent first team football between the ages of 15 and 24 can take much credit for developing a player?
    Think ToBW point was only 2 years of that was with our youth squad so shouldn't be counted as an academy success story. We should be doing more to create the next Ralls whether we or Farnborugh developed him most.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Think ToBW point was only 2 years of that was with our youth squad so shouldn't be counted as an academy success story. We should be doing more to create the next Ralls whether we or Farnborugh developed him most.
    Precisely - apologies if I've missed someone out, but the only "proper" Academy products I can think of to have been given a debut by City in the five years since our relegation in 13/14 are Mark Harris and Cameron Coxe and neither of them have played any league football for us in games that meant anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Tomlin?
    Madine? Bogle?
    Healey?
    Coxe?
    Humphries?

Who will be in /out?
    Damour still about? Was good enough to get us promoted not so long ago

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The igovernor thumb, that seal of approval
    Stalking again I see, prick

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Stalking again I see, prick
    Don't be so sensitive

But really, this happens so often, I don't know why you don't check things before posting.

Not so much checking, as not reading posts correctly and not thinking about the subject, my excuse I am in my 70's

Precisely - apologies if I've missed someone out, but the only "proper" Academy products I can think of to have been given a debut by City in the five years since our relegation in 13/14 are Mark Harris and Cameron Coxe and neither of them have played any league football for us in games that meant anything.
    I'm laughing because I've just remembered me saying 'don't start him off' to my lad when he mentioned our youth set up to you at the Leeds play-off game. I take your point here, of course, but you can't have it both ways. Our Academy either has to take full credit for Matondo or we have to take some credit for Ralls as the latter joined at roughly the age that the former left.

I was surprised to see Warnock mentioning Coxe the other day but I'd forgotten about the Academy player in the match day squad rule. If Ralls isn't available for any game this season then another of our former Academy lads will be needed to sit on the bench as an unused substitute, it looks like Warnock fancies Coxe for that role.