+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Forest sack Martin O'Neill after five months

Nottingham Forest sack Martin O'Neill after five months

Re: Nottingham Forest sack Martin O'Neill after five months

They're going no-where. They're lucky to still be a Championship side.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    They're going no-where. They're lucky to still be a Championship side.
    Appointing one of Mendes' mates as manager.

Roy Keane may have had an inkling what was coming - when he resigned at the start of the week.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...keanes-3024095

I'm not a fan of O'Neill or Keane, but Forest do look like a club that don't know what they want and don't know where they're going.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Roy Keane may have had an inkling what was coming - when he resigned at the start of the week.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...keanes-3024095

I'm not a fan of O'Neill or Keane, but Forest do look like a club that don't know what they want and don't know where they're going.
    Anyone that appointed MON and Keane after seeing that Ireland side needs their head checking. It was always doomed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Anyone that appointed MON and Keane after seeing that Ireland side needs their head checking. It was always doomed to fail.
    They'd be better off with Canon & Ball.

That's weird that Keane left to to get back into management just a few days ago and now the manager is gone. What a bizzare time to make a change. I'm assuming the players are back in training. This has to be really disruptive. Have they made any transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's weird that Keane left to to get back into management just a few days ago and now the manager is gone. What a bizzare time to make a change. I'm assuming the players are back in training. This has to be really disruptive. Have they made any transfers?
    Yes - Sammy Ameobi.

Martin O'Neill's parting gift.

The players have come back and have kicked off he's still in charge apparently. The players also got Karanka sacked. There's a bad bunch at Forest, and they'll have no chance at promotion unless something changes with their attitudes.

Unfortunately, Villa went up last season, but there are still a few Championship clubs that I feel don't deserve to succeed because they are so poorly run and Forest have become the worst of them. I know it's a bit rich of a Cardiff fan to say that given what has happened at the club in the past, but, although I still have the odd moan about Vincent Tan, we could be so much worse off in terms of club ownership than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Unfortunately, Villa went up last season, but there are still a few Championship clubs that I feel don't deserve to succeed because they are so poorly run and Forest have become the worst of them. I know it's a bit rich of a Cardiff fan to say that given what has happened at the club in the past, but, although I still have the odd moan about Vincent Tan, we could be so much worse off in terms of club ownership than we are.
    Marinakis has been accused of drug trafficking too. Police intercepted 2.1 tonnes of heroin on his ship.

The way he runs Olympiakos and Forest would make me a bit uneasy but then again, we've done similar things with Kortrijk.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's a real bitch that Villa went up. Capped off a really shitty season.

Villa would be challenging next season regardless. I'm quite happy they're gone over Derby.

Totally agree. Ireland and his tactics were from the dark ages.
    I smiled when I read the fans initial comments. Welcome home to a legend

The players have come back and have kicked off he's still in charge apparently. The players also got Karanka sacked. There's a bad bunch at Forest, and they'll have no chance at promotion unless something changes with their attitudes.
    Happy with that.
    Can’t stand Forest.

Don’t worry, we may well swap places with them this season....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t worry, we may well swap places with them this season....
    That would make it all worthwhile. All's well that ends well.

Villa would be challenging next season regardless. I'm quite happy they're gone over Derby.
    ^^^these^^^

The fortunes of Martin O'Neill and David O'Leary. Crying shame

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Happy with that.
    Can’t stand Forest.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Why?
    Self entitled fans liken to Leeds and Villa.
    Haven’t done anything for years yet still think the world owes them a place in the PL.
    Appreciate their past of course, but that’s what it is, the past.

Forest are one of a clutch of championship teams who think they are still the club they were 30/40 years ago. Forest think they are still Forest but really they are, I dunno.... Bristol City? At least Bristol know they are Bristol - big club locally but not liked to threaten PSG any day soon. Leeds think they are still Leeds but, gates aside, they are not even Swansea City.

They should get Sarri in, he's used to working with players that hate him

His greatest successes have come with former Forest team-mate John Robertson as assistant, but the old combination has been absent for his past three roles at Sunderland, the Republic of Ireland and now Forest, all of which have ended in disappointment.
    Interesting point.

What a dire time to be a football fan in Nottingham though.

Maybe seeing the Forest players attitudes gave Tomlin the kick up the Harris he needed making him realise how good he's got it with us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Forest are one of a clutch of championship teams who think they are still the club they were 30/40 years ago. Forest think they are still Forest but really they are, I dunno.... Bristol City? At least Bristol know they are Bristol - big club locally but not liked to threaten PSG any day soon. Leeds think they are still Leeds but, gates aside, they are not even Swansea City.
    Sorry? The Leeds think they are still Leeds but they're not??????? WTF?