Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Stormzy bloke

Re: This Stormzy bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Came in to post this

I can imagine how I would have felt as an eighteen year old if I came across a bunch of middle aged (at best!) blokes praising my favourite artists and bands, so I daresay that he wouldn't be best pleased to know that I've just put a playlist of his on Spotify on and really liked the first track I heard (Crown?) and, although it's getting a bit samey now, the next four tracks aren't too bad either .

There's been a few times recently when I've thought to myself I should have given rap more of a chance rather than dismiss it as crap about thirty five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can imagine how I would have felt as an eighteen year old if I came across a bunch of middle aged (at best!) blokes praising my favourite artists and bands, so I daresay that he wouldn't be best pleased to know that I've just put a playlist of his on Spotify on and really liked the first track I heard (Crown?) and, although it's getting a bit samey now, the next four tracks aren't too bad either .

There's been a few times recently when I've thought to myself I should have given rap more of a chance rather than dismiss it as crap about thirty five years ago.
    Eminem’s early stuff is excellent.
    Marshall Mathers LP is a great album.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    He was every bit as bad as Kanye West was. Now we have to look forward to the strangulated whining of Kylie Minogue!!

A bit of useless trivia, the bass player in her band when he's not touring with Kylie, can very often be found playing in the Brewhouse.

Just need to master the Vossi Bop now TOBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He’s one of the biggest artists in the county. No matter what you think of him or rap music you can’t deny his popularity
    So were the Spice girls, and still are going by the crowds on their recent tour, and they are absolute horse shit. So your point is caller?

Will you be smacking your bitch up tonight, TOBW?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So were the Spice girls, and still are going by the crowds on their recent tour, and they are absolute horse shit. So your point is caller?
    The point is, never trust the public to vote for something

Don’t know if it’s just me, but what’s the big deal on constantly going on about the colour of his skin? Lewis Capaldi was half decent but nobody has described him as “the white singer”
    Until the day comes when we just look at someone and just call them a person, or artist, then we still have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Bet you would though, given the chance
    She's was a little tease in her day.

Do you possess any English reading capability beyond Key Stage 2 English?

The person I replied to asked whether Stormzy was headlining on merit of PC culture because he was unsure whether he had the mass appeal to headline Glastonbury. My reply was informing him he does have the mass appeal to headline such a massive event because he's one of the biggest artists in the country.

Don't reply to me in future if you argue in bad faith, and learn how to read replies properly.

I watched live last night and genuinely tried to listen to him.
    3 songs in I had to turn it over.
    It's not music as I know it it's just shouted lyrics over a backing track.
    I just can't see people in 30 years time fondly remembering their youth to a Stormzy soundtrack.

You better off staying clear of hip hop, rap ,crap, grime, drill , and sticking to a decent set of screwdrivers from B and Q ,which are useful to stick in an orfice when one come across this so called music ,or is it just a rant at speed with a base line .

Do you possess any English reading capability beyond Key Stage 2?

The person I replied to asked whether Stormzy was headlining on merit of PC culture because he was unsure whether he had the mass appeal to headline Glastonbury. My reply was informing him he does have the mass appeal to headline such a massive event because he's one of the biggest artists in the country.

Don't reply to me in future if you argue in bad faith, and learn how to read replies properly.
    Dont take it to heart my point is, popularity shouldn’t be a qualification to headline a music venue.

Dont take it to heart my point is, popularity shouldn’t be a qualification to headline a music venue.
    Cool, go tell that to the people who organize these concerts then.

L

L
    As I said above. No need to get upset it’s only an MB conversation.

It’s bad enough watching women playing football now have to endure all this young people’s music on the television too.

L
    As far as i remember Emily Eavis decided to give the man top spot based on her seeing him twice in recent years at Glasto. and with the
    popularity and following he has generated she decided he DESERVED a top billing, Good on her. He had the crowd eating out of his hands last night.

As I said above. No need to get upset it’s only an MB conversation.
    Lol no-one's upset William.

It's a tad annoying when someone is trying to cause an argument because they're either purposely not reading replies and picking on small parts of a comment, or you're just incapable of reading, for that I hope you improve in future because it would be a bit pointless coming on here for debates wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    As far as i remember Emily Eavis decided to give the man top spot based on her seeing him twice in recent years at Glasto. and with the
    popularity and following he has generated she decided he DESERVED a top billing, Good on her. He had the crowd eating out of his hands last night.
    I saw him in 2017 at Glasto and he had a great stage presence, I am not surprised at the praise for his performance last night, he did himself a massive credit.

Lol no-one's upset William.

It's a tad annoying when someone is trying to cause an argument because they're either purposely not reading replies and picking on small parts of a comment, or you're just incapable of reading, for that I hope you improve in future because it would be a bit pointless coming on here for debates wouldn't it?
    In future I’ll just ask you which bits of each post I’m allowed to comment on. Come on Llandaff Blue. Get over yourself. 👍

Kinell, Bobsy, is this a wind-up?

How is it possible to go from gently tapping your slippered feet to the soothing tones of Val Doonican to headbanging your way through an indecipherable Stormzy track?

You'll alarm fellow Rhonddaites should you take to greeting them with a fist pump and a "yo, blood, wassup?"

I saw him in 2017 at Glasto and he had a great stage presence, I am not surprised at the praise for his performance last night, he did himself a massive credit.
    I love watching Glasto. on the TV and I have in recent times watched bands I know little of, stuff like Stormzy, The Killers , Foo Fighters etc and stuck with it mostly as the crowd reaction and participation is riveting to watch, and after all variety is the spice of life. Stormzy had a lot going on that I didn`t understand at times, but that is due to my age but that did not spoil my enjoyment at all of a man plying his trade and is deserving of any plaudits that came his way. He had something to say, in many ways, and has left his mark as the first male solo black Briton to headline at Glasto. Well done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Kinell, Bobsy, is this a wind-up?

How is it possible to go from gently tapping your slippered feet to the soothing tones of Val Doonican to headbanging your way through an indecipherable Stormzy track?

You'll alarm fellow Rhonddaites should you take to greeting them with a fist pump and a "yo, blood, wassup?"
    Organ. You have that priceless characteristic, of being able to annoy folk on here but also make them laugh. Don’t ever lose that 👍