+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Stormzy bloke

Re: This Stormzy bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

There’s definitely some racists in this thread finding issue with it. If Eminem headlined no one would bat an eyelid.
    I don't think so, I think its more along the lines of music snobbery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I saw bits of Dave's set.

Fairplay to the kid he plucked from the crowd to rap with him on the Thiago Silva track - he absolutely nailed it.
    That smelled of a plant. Foo fighters did it with a drummer from the crowd, that clip went viral.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That smelled of a plant. Foo fighters did it with a drummer from the crowd, that clip went viral.
    Knew every word, didn't miss a beat and had a Silva top on. 100% plant and has gained loads of social media coverage so brilliant marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wouldn’t it be the same if a pop band headlines Download?

I think it’s the genre, not the race that’s the issue for most.
    Rap music has been at Glastonbury before, was there any pushback when Ed Sheehan headlined in 2017? No.

Download is a rock festival so it would be rightly criticised if any other artist headlined it. Likewise if Mumford and Sons headlines wireless, Glastonbury hasn’t been specific to one genre.

Wouldn’t it be the same if a pop band headlines Download?

I think it’s the genre, not the race that’s the issue for most.
    Loads of other genres have headlined Glastonbury though, why do you think it’s only rap that generates this amount of moaning?

Kanye

Prior to him taking to the Pyramid Stage, a petition to stop him headlining reached 55,000 signatures.
    Jay Z

There has rarely been so much so-called controversy over a Glastonbury booking as Jay-Z, who critics have complained is too far removed from the guitar-based music
    Glastonbury has always been about eclectic music, it’s funny that this level of whinging has accompanied 3 rappers.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don't think it was a plant. He does it at every show, look on youtube. He grabs someone from the crowd to rap AJ Tracey's verses on Thiago Silva. His hardcore fans know this, which is why he had the shirt on hoping to get picked. I've seen clips of fans nailing it even better. But not in front of such a crowd though. Fair play to the kid, imagine the buzz of doing that!

Loyle Carner had his mate propose to his fiance, did a song for his mum and delivered a poem on feminism. Who said rap is just angry shouting with negative themes?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Kanye

Jay Z

Glastonbury has always been about eclectic music, it’s funny that this level of whinging has accompanied 3 rappers.
    Maybe you’re right. I never paid attention until Stormzy.

If true and people are either consciously or unconsciously racist, it’s really quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I don't think it was a plant. He does it at every show, look on youtube. He grabs someone from the crowd to rap AJ Tracey's verses on Thiago Silva. His hardcore fans know this, which is why he had the shirt on hoping to get picked. I've seen clips of fans nailing it even better. But not in front of such a crowd though. Fair play to the kid, imagine the buzz of doing that!

Loyle Carner had his mate propose to his fiance, did a song for his mum and delivered a poem on feminism. Who said rap is just angry shouting with negative themes?
    bollox....just grabbing someone from the crowd that can drum all the parts!! no chance

Maybe you’re right. I never paid attention until Stormzy.

If true and people are either consciously or unconsciously racist, it’s really quite sad.
    Or they just hate rap.
    Would be interesting to see what the reaction would be if Eminem ever headlined there though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Or they just hate rap.
    Would be interesting to see what the reaction would be if Eminem ever headlined there though.
    Hard to compare with em though because he is quite poppy, funny with a load of killer hooks.

I remember real slim shady coming out when I was a kid and loving it then without understanding the meaning.

I’d compare Stormzy with more of maybe a pro green or a Macklemore but maybe I’m under estimating Stormzys fan base?

First British one which is why I think it’s being made a big deal.

Jay z got a ton of shit for headlining, I remember one of the Gallaghers calling it out so Jay Z did a shitty cover of wonder wall to take the piss.

There’s definitely some racists in this thread finding issue with it. If Eminem headlined no one would bat an eyelid.
    That is absolute bollux, and you should hang your head in shame, playing the racist card.
    What gives you the right to judge fellow posters, just because they disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That is absolute bollux, and you should hang your head in shame, playing the racist card.
    What gives you the right to judge fellow posters, just because they disagree with you.
    Touched a nerve? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Touched a nerve? Hmmm.
    Not touched s nerve. It’s just a load of bollux, just like you posted yesterday, but weren’t able to elaborate on it, and still can’t, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I don't like rap, grime, house, grunge, or whatever they call it (it's all the same to me anyway).

i don't like it, so I don't listen to it.

My formative music years were the 60s and 70s (Prog rock RULES!) but I also listen to early blues and especially Gershwin.

Like someone said earlier - will this (C)rap stuff be nostalgic music in 20/30+ years? I doubt it.

Let's just say that we've all turned into our parents.

Rap, House and Grunge are 3 completely different genres?!? They are nothing alike and not all one and the same.

And yes there are some albums or tracks that are 20/30+ years from every one of those genres that are nostalgic.

Grime is the most recent sound of the ones you’ve named and similair to rap but it’s a very distinct sound. Not to my taste personally but the kids of today seem to like it.

Not touched s nerve. It’s just a load of bollux, just like you posted yesterday, but weren’t able to elaborate on it, and still can’t, it seems.
    There was no need to elaborate Mr Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There was no need to elaborate Mr Brexit
    Obviously because you weren’t able to.
    What has Brexit got to do with this thread?

Do you think there is no racism and prejudice at all in the U.K.?

Judging by the comments in this:

https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/statu...35477557288960

there certainly is! Some pretty disgusting stuff on there. Personally I couldn't care less what colour he is but classic rap is still C-rap as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Judging by the comments in this:

https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/statu...35477557288960

there certainly is! Some pretty disgusting stuff on there. Personally I couldn't care less what colour he is but classic rap is still C-rap as far as I'm concerned.
    Christ, some of those comments are horrific

Racism has always been prevalent in this country, being white we just don’t get to see a lot of it. If an equally qualified black person goes for a job, they’re 60% less likely to get an interview than the equivalent white person.

The rise of the far right and Trump/Brexit have given the worst members of society the confidence to be more open with it too.

This is why a british black guy headlining Glastonbury is a big deal.

And people who are complaining about it need to ask themselves why they weren’t so quick to moan about Ash or Mumford and Sons headlining.

Do you get a notification when I post a comment or something?

I've got the right to say whatever I like unless it breaks any rules, if you feel I have then report me. Otherwise actually offer something to this thread you weirdo
    Last edited by Llandaff Blue; 01-07-19 at 22:36. Reason: removed crap from my post.

Of course there is. I’m only talking about this thread though. I haven’t seen one racist comment in it. Can you point out any to me ?

Do you get a notification when I post a comment or something?

I've got the right to say whatever I like unless it breaks any rules, if you feel I have then report me. Otherwise actually offer something to this thread you weirdo
    No I don’t get a notification. You’re not that important. But when you start accusing posters you’ve never met of being racist, without a shred of evidence, then I’ll pull you up on it.
    Also the abusive names you’ve thrown my way over a topic on a MB seem needless.

Of course there is. I’m only talking about this thread though. I haven’t seen one racist comment in it. Can you point out any to me ?
    There hasn’t been an outright racist comment in this thread but what does that have to do with anything?