+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Stormzy bloke

This Stormzy bloke

I know I'm getting on in years and becoming a bit of a Victor Meldrew (yes, I do recognise the symptoms) but what is this love-in with this Stormzy bloke all about? The BBC is positively drooling over his "performance" at Glastonbury. A classic case of the "Emperor's clothes" IMHO!

Re: This Stormzy bloke

Agree.

I was listening to his performance on 6 Music in the car about an hour ago. I quite liked it. He had a choir for a backing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I know I'm getting on in years and becoming a bit of a Victor Meldrew (yes, I do recognise the symptoms) but what is this love-in with this Stormzy bloke all about? The BBC is positively drooling over his "performance" at Glastonbury. A classic case of the "Emperor's clothes" IMHO!
    A classic symptom in fairness is not being able to relate to music enjoyed by younger people.

A British black rapper headlining Glastonbury is a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    A classic symptom in fairness is not being able to relate to music enjoyed by younger people.
    I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 1.

There's an even worse one as well. Radio 1xtra. My nerves can't take it.

I like BBC 6 Music because the music is varied and I like Radcliffe & Macaroni.

First time I saw him was on the Graham Norton Show, me being an oldie, I was impressed by his down to earth manner and honesty, did a great interview.

Plus, he’s great mates with our Bradley (Walsh)

He was every bit as bad as Kanye West was. Now we have to look forward to the strangulated whining of Kylie Minogue!!

Dreadful , where's his old political buddy this year ,or is that yesterdays news , he has a new theme now to sell records :

drug taking = crime
    poor parental responsibility = crime
    music industry drug taking = crime
    rich elite snorting at festival or in London = crime .

Irony Stormy ?? perhaps he should concrete on that

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    He was every bit as bad as Kanye West was. Now we have to look forward to the strangulated whining of Kylie Minogue!!
    Bet you would though, given the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A big deal to who?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A big deal to who?
    Do you want me to name them individually?

I quite like him

Fantastic to see a young black British artist nailing Glastonbury

But he shouldn’t be a headliner just because someone’s black. It should always be on merit.

Does he deserve a headline act at Glasto? No, but I don’t think the Killers or Cure do either.

I thought Lukaku was singing when I first saw him on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    But he shouldn’t be a headliner just because someone’s black. It should always be on merit.

Does he deserve a headline act at Glasto? No, but I don’t think the Killers or Cure do either.
    If you think hes headlined glasto because he’s black you’re out of touch.

Over the last 4 or so years he’s built up a big fanbase and currently has the number one song in the country. He’s one of the biggest music artists in the UK.

I don't care that he's black... but rappers at Glastonbury (what the f***)

If you think hes headlined glasto because he’s black you’re out of touch.

Over the last 4 or so years he’s built up a big fanbase and currently has the number one song in the country. He’s one of the biggest music artists in the UK.
    I’ve seen many things on twitter saying he should be headlining because of the fact he is black. It should always be on the persons or bands popularity when it comes to the pyramid stage.

I actually agree with you his fan base is big and is there on merit of that, but for me the entire line up is probably the weakest I’ve ever seen at Glasto - maybe it’s just me and my tastes changing.

I’m a massive fan of rap, hip hop etc, not so much of grime and do think it has a place at Glasto so disagree with people complaint about the genre being there.

Not my thing but seemed like the crowd enjoyed it.

I sat with an open mouth watching Kanye West perform on the same stage some years back so dire was he, this Stormy bloke yapping away incessantly and equally incoherently was even fecking worse. How can anyone who's not a mong not see it's utter crap?!

Just wondering if this a case of just being very PC though? I'm surprised that any rap performer (I hesitate to use the word singer) has sufficient mass appeal to be the main act.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I sat with an open mouth watching Kanye West perform on the same stage some years back so dire was he, this Stormy bloke yapping away incessantly and equally incoherently was even fecking worse. How can anyone who's not a mong not see it's utter crap?!
    You are correct. I guess this is what you call classic rap or Crap for short?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If that's "music" I'm quite happy to be "out of touch"!

Just wondering if this a case of just being very PC though? I'm surprised that any rap performer (I hesitate to use the word singer) has sufficient mass appeal to be the main act.
    He’s one of the biggest artists in the county. No matter what you think of him or rap music you can’t deny his popularity