+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Stormzy bloke

Re: This Stormzy bloke

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t know if it’s just me, but what’s the big deal on constantly going on about the colour of his skin? Lewis Capaldi was half decent but nobody has described him as “the white singer”
    Until the day comes when we just look at someone and just call them a person, or artist, then we still have a long way to go.
    It’s a fair point but no one is going on about Capaldi’s skin colour because white people aren’t constantly being held back because they’re white.

The whole “colour blind” stance doesn’t work while people are still actively discriminated against and treated differently because they’re black. It’s actually treated as a view that holds equality back more.

Don’t know if it’s just me, but what’s the big deal on constantly going on about the colour of his skin? Lewis Capaldi was half decent but nobody has described him as “the white singer”
    Until the day comes when we just look at someone and just call them a person, or artist, then we still have a long way to go.
    Strewth. The irony in this one post is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    What is wrong with people? Pop music was named because it was popular. Stormzy is presently massive. I don’t like his music but love old hip hop from the 80s. At 41 I discovered it 10-15 years too late and never got into it from Snoop Dogg, Nate Dog era. Loved Oasis, Manics, Stereos but nothing today appeals so I really don’t listen to much. But Who am I to say who should headline Glastonbury? A festival should evolve along with the industry it supports. If a lot of people love Stormzy and want to hear him then let it be and good luck to the guy. I hate the attitude that as you age you know best. Christ, listening to half the people on this MB is why I rarely tune in. I’d rather know what my 10 year old nephew is doing and thinks.
    Well put, Sir.

It’s a great post. I’ve never got into much rap either but it doesn’t mean it’s shite.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Strewth. The irony in this one post is astonishing.
    How so?

I doubt very much the tens of thousands having a great weekend at Glastonbury will be too concerned about the opinions of a few dinosaurs watching it at home. As one poster says earlier, you can just switch off of change the channel. No ones making you watch or listen.

Talking about Glastonbury, take a look at Lizzos performance yesterday. Dynamite

I doubt very much the tens of thousands having a great weekend at Glastonbury will be too concerned about the opinions of a few dinosaurs watching it at home. As one poster says earlier, you can just switch off of change the channel. No ones making you watch or listen.
    You’ve not answered my question.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 30-06-19 at 14:01. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Talking about Glastonbury, take a look at Lizzos performance today. Dynamite
    Should have read today

You’ve not answered my question.
    Who the **** put you in charge of the internet?

How so?
    If you can’t see it for yourself then you clearly don’t understand

Who the **** put you in charge of the internet?
    Don’t be daft. I’m not in charge of the internet. It’s just that you made a claim about a post of mine and I’m asking you to elaborate. You don’t have to though if you don’t want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Talking about Glastonbury, take a look at Lizzos performance yesterday. Dynamite
    She knows how to put on a show. Had the audience in the palm of her hand.

If you can’t see it for yourself then you clearly don’t understand
    That’s the easy way out you little tinker. Can you elaborate, or do you just go off on cursing tirades when it suits you?

That’s the easy way out you little tinker. Can you elaborate, or do you just go off on cursing tirades when it suits you?
    More irony

More irony
    Still not elaborated.

Still not elaborated.
    Don’t need to. It’s quite obvious to anyone who isn’t a bigoted dinosaur.

Don’t need to. It’s quite obvious to anyone who isn’t a bigoted dinosaur.
    You do reed to, as it appears you are talking out of your arse on this.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Who else is there to headline, the majority of people are music snobs ultimately the only measurable in music is the money.

We can all say someone is rubbish but nobody can tell us why

The cream will always rise to the top if someone hasn't made it they just weren't good enough.

For me Stormzy doesn't have the catalogue to do a massive show like this but the alternative is just bringing the same old names.

Glastonbury has changed a lot and some people don't like it. Live music isn't for me personally so I've never been a fan of it
    This was it for me.

I was there for his set on Friday and I couldn't believe the pandering I've seen on social media over the performance. He is clearly a talented artist and I'd love to see him on a smaller stage with a cracking atmosphere with his real fan base rather than what happened Friday.

I wouldn't be surprised if 30% of the crowd could name more than 3 of his tracks.

Can I change tack slightly as no-one has asked the question yet - is rap singing or speaking? IMO it’s clearly the latter, with the person speaking in time to a regular beat, hence sounding like a monotonous dirge to me. Usually the background beat is so loud it drowns out what the person is saying anyway, so somewhat defeating the object if hearing the lyrics is the key objective. Hence I can’t tell if there is some profound truth being spoken or some pretentious rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    This was it for me.

I was there for his set on Friday and I couldn't believe the pandering I've seen on social media over the performance. He is clearly a talented artist and I'd love to see him on a smaller stage with a cracking atmosphere with his real fan base rather than what happened Friday.

I wouldn't be surprised if 30% of the crowd could name more than 3 of his tracks.
    So? It's a festival, should there be a written test before you get to each performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    My post was an attempt at irony btw.
    Sorry I lost the plot 🌹

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So? It's a festival, should there be a written test before you get to each performance?
    Of course not.

I said that in relation to some of the nonsense I read on social media about people crying throughout the set and what a wonderful experience and atmosphere it was.

I’m sorry Margaret 57 from Dorset but you weren’t really moved to you’re core were you.

I saw him two years ago on the Other Stage too and again thought he was good but the atmosphere isn’t as electric as being made out.

There’s no denying the mans talent though.

Bollux!! Justin Bieber was Popular. Should he have headlined? Spice Girls were popular. Should they have headlined? Stormsy came on with a Union Jack Stab proof vest on. I’d have horsed him off straight away just for wearing that.
    Bieber could do Glasto, the spice girls couldn’t.

Look at Billie Eilish now on the Pyramid stage. Pop music basically. There’s a place for any genre at Glasto and that’s why I love it.

I think a fuss has been made about Stormzy because he’s black, which is completely the point. The show/music needs to stand up for itself without an agenda.

Watched Stormzy again. Still unsure whether he’s big enough to be headlining but I enjoyed his set so much more after a second watch. Enjoyable set.