Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 182

Thread: This Stormzy bloke

  1. #1

    This Stormzy bloke

    I know I'm getting on in years and becoming a bit of a Victor Meldrew (yes, I do recognise the symptoms) but what is this love-in with this Stormzy bloke all about? The BBC is positively drooling over his "performance" at Glastonbury. A classic case of the "Emperor's clothes" IMHO!

  2. #2

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Agree.

  3. #3

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    I was listening to his performance on 6 Music in the car about an hour ago. I quite liked it. He had a choir for a backing.

  4. #4

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I know I'm getting on in years and becoming a bit of a Victor Meldrew (yes, I do recognise the symptoms) but what is this love-in with this Stormzy bloke all about? The BBC is positively drooling over his "performance" at Glastonbury. A classic case of the "Emperor's clothes" IMHO!
    A classic symptom in fairness is not being able to relate to music enjoyed by younger people.

  5. #5

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    A British black rapper headlining Glastonbury is a big deal

  6. #6

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    A classic symptom in fairness is not being able to relate to music enjoyed by younger people.
    I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 1.

    There's an even worse one as well. Radio 1xtra. My nerves can't take it.

    I like BBC 6 Music because the music is varied and I like Radcliffe & Macaroni.

  7. #7

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    First time I saw him was on the Graham Norton Show, me being an oldie, I was impressed by his down to earth manner and honesty, did a great interview.

    Plus, he’s great mates with our Bradley (Walsh)

  8. #8

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    He was every bit as bad as Kanye West was. Now we have to look forward to the strangulated whining of Kylie Minogue!!

  9. #9

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Dreadful , where's his old political buddy this year ,or is that yesterdays news , he has a new theme now to sell records :

    drug taking = crime
    poor parental responsibility = crime
    music industry drug taking = crime
    rich elite snorting at festival or in London = crime .

    Irony Stormy ?? perhaps he should concrete on that

  10. #10

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    He was every bit as bad as Kanye West was. Now we have to look forward to the strangulated whining of Kylie Minogue!!
    Bet you would though, given the chance

  11. #11

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A British black rapper headlining Glastonbury is a big deal
    A big deal to who?

  12. #12

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A big deal to who?
    Do you want me to name them individually?

  13. #13

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I know I'm getting on in years and becoming a bit of a Victor Meldrew (yes, I do recognise the symptoms) but what is this love-in with this Stormzy bloke all about? The BBC is positively drooling over his "performance" at Glastonbury. A classic case of the "Emperor's clothes" IMHO!
    I quite like him

    Fantastic to see a young black British artist nailing Glastonbury

  14. #14

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A British black rapper headlining Glastonbury is a big deal
    But he shouldnít be a headliner just because someoneís black. It should always be on merit.

    Does he deserve a headline act at Glasto? No, but I donít think the Killers or Cure do either.

  15. #15

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    I thought Lukaku was singing when I first saw him on stage.

  16. #16

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    But he shouldnít be a headliner just because someoneís black. It should always be on merit.

    Does he deserve a headline act at Glasto? No, but I donít think the Killers or Cure do either.
    If you think hes headlined glasto because heís black youíre out of touch.

    Over the last 4 or so years heís built up a big fanbase and currently has the number one song in the country. Heís one of the biggest music artists in the UK.

  17. #17

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    I don't care that he's black... but rappers at Glastonbury (what the f***)

  18. #18

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    If you think hes headlined glasto because heís black youíre out of touch.

    Over the last 4 or so years heís built up a big fanbase and currently has the number one song in the country. Heís one of the biggest music artists in the UK.
    Iíve seen many things on twitter saying he should be headlining because of the fact he is black. It should always be on the persons or bands popularity when it comes to the pyramid stage.

    I actually agree with you his fan base is big and is there on merit of that, but for me the entire line up is probably the weakest Iíve ever seen at Glasto - maybe itís just me and my tastes changing.

    Iím a massive fan of rap, hip hop etc, not so much of grime and do think it has a place at Glasto so disagree with people complaint about the genre being there.

  19. #19

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Not my thing but seemed like the crowd enjoyed it.

  20. #20

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    I sat with an open mouth watching Kanye West perform on the same stage some years back so dire was he, this Stormy bloke yapping away incessantly and equally incoherently was even fecking worse. How can anyone who's not a mong not see it's utter crap?!

  21. #21

    Re: This Stormzy bloke


  22. #22

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    A British black rapper headlining Glastonbury is a big deal
    Just wondering if this a case of just being very PC though? I'm surprised that any rap performer (I hesitate to use the word singer) has sufficient mass appeal to be the main act.

  23. #23

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I sat with an open mouth watching Kanye West perform on the same stage some years back so dire was he, this Stormy bloke yapping away incessantly and equally incoherently was even fecking worse. How can anyone who's not a mong not see it's utter crap?!
    You are correct. I guess this is what you call classic rap or Crap for short?

  24. #24

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If that's "music" I'm quite happy to be "out of touch"!

  25. #25

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Just wondering if this a case of just being very PC though? I'm surprised that any rap performer (I hesitate to use the word singer) has sufficient mass appeal to be the main act.
    Heís one of the biggest artists in the county. No matter what you think of him or rap music you canít deny his popularity

  26. #26

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

  27. #27

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Came in to post this

  28. #28

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    I can imagine how I would have felt as an eighteen year old if I came across a bunch of middle aged (at best!) blokes praising my favourite artists and bands, so I daresay that he wouldn't be best pleased to know that I've just put a playlist of his on Spotify on and really liked the first track I heard (Crown?) and, although it's getting a bit samey now, the next four tracks aren't too bad either .

    There's been a few times recently when I've thought to myself I should have given rap more of a chance rather than dismiss it as crap about thirty five years ago.

  29. #29

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can imagine how I would have felt as an eighteen year old if I came across a bunch of middle aged (at best!) blokes praising my favourite artists and bands, so I daresay that he wouldn't be best pleased to know that I've just put a playlist of his on Spotify on and really liked the first track I heard (Crown?) and, although it's getting a bit samey now, the next four tracks aren't too bad either .

    There's been a few times recently when I've thought to myself I should have given rap more of a chance rather than dismiss it as crap about thirty five years ago.
    Eminemís early stuff is excellent.
    Marshall Mathers LP is a great album.

  30. #30

    Re: This Stormzy bloke

    Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    He was every bit as bad as Kanye West was. Now we have to look forward to the strangulated whining of Kylie Minogue!!

    A bit of useless trivia, the bass player in her band when he's not touring with Kylie, can very often be found playing in the Brewhouse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •