+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Stormzy bloke

Re: This Stormzy bloke

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bieber could do Glasto, the spice girls couldn’t.

Look at Billie Eilish now on the Pyramid stage. Pop music basically. There’s a place for any genre at Glasto and that’s why I love it.

I think a fuss has been made about Stormzy because he’s black, which is completely the point. The show/music needs to stand up for itself without an agenda.
    Music has always had a political message and an agenda if you don’t think it has you’ve not been paying enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Music has always had a political message and an agenda if you don’t think it has you’ve not been paying enough attention.

This is probably largely true, Enjoyed Kylie this afternoon, didn't pick up any political message from her, neither did there seem to be any hatred in her lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Of course not.

I said that in relation to some of the nonsense I read on social media about people crying throughout the set and what a wonderful experience and atmosphere it was.

I’m sorry Margaret 57 from Dorset but you weren’t really moved to you’re core were you.

I saw him two years ago on the Other Stage too and again thought he was good but the atmosphere isn’t as electric as being made out.

There’s no denying the mans talent though.
    I actually know Margaret personally and she's a very emotional person

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I actually know Margaret personally and she's a very emotional person
    Does she post as Croesy Blue on here?

Here’s an example to back up my earlier comment regarding how women and men are treated SO differently by SOME men in the media.

358994F1-CCF4-40EC-89FB-77E5BC150F34.jpg.

9F1A291D-5785-40E5-9EED-A6798A7B875D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Here’s an example to back up my earlier comment regarding how women and men are treated SO differently by SOME men in the media.

358994F1-CCF4-40EC-89FB-77E5BC150F34.jpg.

9F1A291D-5785-40E5-9EED-A6798A7B875D.jpg
    To be fair to Piers (look what you've made me do) this is an England/USA thing, not a men/women thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    To be fair to Piers (look what you've made me do) this is an England/USA thing, not a men/women thing.
    That’s what this counter narrative has now become. Because someone critiques a woman, you are deemed to criticise all in that subset. If you criticise a black man you criticise all black people.

There’s some real bigotry and hate out there and it needs to be nipped in the bud and all this talk to me dilutes the real issue. Instead of this being just about Stormzy, this has become about music black of black origin in general, and race.

I don’t know, maybe I’m blind to people’s sub conscious racism and don’t see it as just I like one thing and don’t like the other?

Disagree. He just doesn’t like women who are powerful.

Very watered down English version of Kendrick.

As for rappers headlining glastonbury, I’m pretty sure there would have been others before him. Seems weird to even question it.

Disagree. He just doesn’t like women who are powerful.
    But he's just defended Ivanka Trump for being at G20 when she had no right to be.

Piers Morgan is just a bad faith dick head who will say any old shit to generate clicks and outrage.

He’s not worth anyone’s time and best ignored.

Piers Morgan is just a bad faith dick head who will say any old shit to generate clicks and outrage.

He’s not worth anyone’s time and best ignored.
    He needs to be challenged not ignored. People like him have a massive influence in the media. He is a dick head though agreed.

He needs to be challenged not ignored. People like him have a massive influence in the media. He is a dick head though agreed.
    Attention and confrontation is Piers Morgan's oxygen, deplatforming and ignoring fools like this is what kills them. You can't challenge or debate them because they aren't interested in facts and neither are their followers. It's why debating doesn't really work, it doesn't favour facts it favours the loudest, most confident, gobshite in the room.

But he's just defended Ivanka Trump for being at G20 when she had no right to be.
    Piers to Trump is what Carl is to *****.

Stormzy is decent and did a good job i thought.

However, i'm an avid hip hop fan and I dont think hes big enough to headline. Hes brought one album out (which wasnt even the best UK urban album out that year, Kano and J Hus both released better projects) but he won a Brit for best album. Its just cool to like Stormzy i think.

There were two rappers on the 'Other stage' yesterday who performed much better sets than Stormy. Check out Loyle Carner and Dave. Both younger, but lyrically superior with a better back catalogue. Loyle Carner especially delivered an outstanding set. Well worth a watch

It's funny that Mumford and Sons and Kasabian didn't generate this much controversy by being named headliners.

Didn't see the set, but I think Glastonbury needs acts like Stormzy to be headlining.
    Some people seem to want it to have the same headline acts as 20-30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

However, i'm an avid hip hop fan and I dont think hes big enough to headline. Hes brought one album out (which wasnt even the best UK urban album out that year, Kano and J Hus both released better projects) but he won a Brit for best album. Its just cool to like Stormzy i think.

There were two rappers on the 'Other stage' yesterday who performed much better sets than Stormy. Check out Loyle Carner and Dave. Both younger, but lyrically superior with a better back catalogue. Loyle Carner especially delivered an outstanding set. Well worth a watch
    Loyle Carner is really good. I saw him at Primavera this year.

It's funny that Mumford and Sons and Kasabian didn't generate this much controversy by being named headliners.
    Because they aren’t black rappers it’s as simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Because they aren’t black rappers it’s as simple as that
    Hes not even the first black rapper to headline Glastonbury though?

Jay Z headlined Glastonbury in 2008, Kanye West did in 2015 and Public Enemy have played there.

OK, Stomzy is nowhere near as big as those 3, but its hardly ground breaking.

Fuss over nothing.

In fairness there was a huge fuss about Jay Z similar to this too

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Jay Z headlined Glastonbury in 2008, Kanye West did in 2015 and Public Enemy have played there.

Fuss over nothing.
    First British one which is why I think it’s being made a big deal.

Jay z got a ton of shit for headlining, I remember one of the Gallaghers calling it out so Jay Z did a shitty cover of wonder wall to take the piss.

There’s definitely some racists in this thread finding issue with it. If Eminem headlined no one would bat an eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

I saw bits of Dave's set.

Fairplay to the kid he plucked from the crowd to rap with him on the Thiago Silva track - he absolutely nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Fuss over nothing.
    Yep. I loved Jay Z when he headlined. To put JayZ in the same breadth as Stormzy is quite an insult to Jay-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    First British one which is why I think it’s being made a big deal.

Jay z got a ton of shit for headlining, I remember one of the Gallaghers calling it out so Jay Z did a shitty cover of wonder wall to take the piss.

There’s definitely some racists in this thread finding issue with it. If Eminem headlined no one would bat an eyelid.
    Wouldn’t it be the same if a pop band headlines Download?

I think it’s the genre, not the race that’s the issue for most.