+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Stormzy bloke

Re: This Stormzy bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Kinell, Bobsy, is this a wind-up?

How is it possible to go from gently tapping your slippered feet to the soothing tones of Val Doonican to headbanging your way through an indecipherable Stormzy track?

You'll alarm fellow Rhonddaites should you take to greeting them with a fist pump and a "yo, blood, wassup?"
    Whilst we await the new season maybe TOBW could give us a 3 decades of Hip-Hop v. Big Beat quiz

Who else is there to headline, the majority of people are music snobs ultimately the only measurable in music is the money.

We can all say someone is rubbish but nobody can tell us why

The cream will always rise to the top if someone hasn't made it they just weren't good enough.

For me Stormzy doesn't have the catalogue to do a massive show like this but the alternative is just bringing the same old names.

Glastonbury has changed a lot and some people don't like it. Live music isn't for me personally so I've never been a fan of it

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful , where's his old political buddy this year ,or is that yesterdays news , he has a new theme now to sell records :

drug taking = crime
    poor parental responsibility = crime
    music industry drug taking = crime
    rich elite snorting at festival or in London = crime .

Irony Stormy ?? perhaps he should concrete on that
    Can someone translate this for me, please?

I like to listen to people with talent meaning they can either sing in tune, play an instrument well or both. Of course it takes all sorts and I guess I'm too old to enjoy Stormzy who can't fulfill either of the criterion I have mentioned. It seems to me that he filled his performance with visual effects and other people such as the choir, loads of dancers and even BMX bike riders to distract from the fact he had no talent all in my opinion of course. Glastonbury is not only for young people so I was surprised to see so many older people watching Stormzy in the crowd. Not for me though although I did watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Dont take it to heart my point is, popularity shouldn’t be a qualification to headline a music venue.
    It's the most important qualification and always has been.

Organ. You have that priceless characteristic, of being able to annoy folk on here but also make them laugh. Don’t ever lose that 👍
    Funniest poster on here.
    His Sludge stories have me in stitches.
    I swear it was him posting as “Mark Kennedy” years ago.

Janet Jackson is making my ears bleed.

As I said above. No need to get upset it’s only an MB conversation.
    Some people get more than upset, there's a bunch of real psychos on here! This place certainly isn't the Oxford Union debating chamber, and most posters wouldn't know a debate if it hit them in the face. They are experts at insults and personal attacks though

PS it's best if you try not to be right about anything, just act dumb and you will blend in with the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Janet Jackson is making my ears bleed.
    She was awful, but Liam Gallagher was atrocious. I like some of Stormzy’s stuff but Vossi Bop is garbage. I’ve been to Glastonbury three times and always preferred the smaller stages. Last time I went, in 2013, the best acts I saw were Laura Mvula, Phoenix and Whimwise. I had no interest in seeing the headliners who were Mumford and Sons, and the Rolling Stones.

Something I noticed last time I went was how middle-class and middle-England Glastonbury has become. Apart from Scousers I heard very few northern English accents and the festival goers were 98% white. The boring feckers next to me listened to the F1 Grand Prix on the radio on the Sunday!

I took my own “supplies” in but saw very few drug casualties and smelt no weed being smoked at all. How times have changed - the first time I went, in 1990, (jumping over the fence) I got wasted as a beautiful hippy girl gave me some LSD for free!

think the fact stormzy was here to make it more diverse severncity as we know it's the BBC agenda these days . onto the music looking forward to the cure tomorrow . last saw them in 1991 in Toronto !

What is wrong with people? Pop music was named because it was popular. Stormzy is presently massive. I don’t like his music but love old hip hop from the 80s. At 41 I discovered it 10-15 years too late and never got into it from Snoop Dogg, Nate Dog era. Loved Oasis, Manics, Stereos but nothing today appeals so I really don’t listen to much. But Who am I to say who should headline Glastonbury? A festival should evolve along with the industry it supports. If a lot of people love Stormzy and want to hear him then let it be and good luck to the guy. I hate the attitude that as you age you know best. Christ, listening to half the people on this MB is why I rarely tune in. I’d rather know what my 10 year old nephew is doing and thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    She was awful, but Liam Gallagher was atrocious. I like some of Stormzy’s stuff but Vossi Bop is garbage. I’ve been to Glastonbury three times and always preferred the smaller stages. Last time I went, in 2013, the best acts I saw were Laura Mvula, Phoenix and Whimwise. I had no interest in seeing the headliners who were Mumford and Sons, and the Rolling Stones.

Something I noticed last time I went was how middle-class and middle-England Glastonbury has become. Apart from Scousers I heard very few northern English accents and the festival goers were 98% white. The boring feckers next to me listened to the F1 Grand Prix on the radio on the Sunday!

I took my own “supplies” in but saw very few drug casualties and smelt no weed being smoked at all. How times have changed - the first time I went, in 1990, (jumping over the fence) I got wasted as a beautiful hippy girl gave me some LSD for free!
    a crock of shit

nice to see johnny and the pet shop boys add a little something to the killers

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Eminem’s early stuff is excellent.
    Marshall Mathers LP is a great album.
    got to 2nd that

slim shady, then marshall mathers both 1st class and stand the test of time

if you were going to get into rap, got to add Straight Outta Compton as one of the 1st lessons

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    nice to see johnny and the pet shop boys add a little something to the killers
    Jimmy carr was random sweeping the stage ? ? ? wtf was that about

Thought LG did a great set, loads of Oasis songs, whats not to love

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Will you be smacking your bitch up tonight, TOBW?
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    a crock of shit
    which bit?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's the most important qualification and always has been.
    Bollux!! Justin Bieber was Popular. Should he have headlined? Spice Girls were popular. Should they have headlined? Stormsy came on with a Union Jack Stab proof vest on. I’d have horsed him off straight away just for wearing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Will you be smacking your bitch up tonight, TOBW?
    My poor little Staffy has done nothing to deserve such treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Kinell, Bobsy, is this a wind-up?

How is it possible to go from gently tapping your slippered feet to the soothing tones of Val Doonican to headbanging your way through an indecipherable Stormzy track?

You'll alarm fellow Rhonddaites should you take to greeting them with a fist pump and a "yo, blood, wassup?"
    Always was more of a Matt Munro man than a Val Doonican one, but I did like his stuff with the Bachelors mind.

Must admit the notion of me greeting fellow members of the afternoon dog walking group up here I see every afternoon (they're all about ten years older than me) like that brought a genuine lol out of me .

Stuck with the Stormzy playlist to the end though and added three tracks to the one I listen to on Spotify every day - one which I'm proud to say is a lot more diverse than those of most people of my age so I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Eminem’s early stuff is excellent.
    Marshall Mathers LP is a great album.
    Thanks, I'll give it a listen this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It’s bad enough watching women playing football now have to endure all this young people’s music on the television too.
    I hear you , some bird was telling everyone how to play cricket the other day, what with lady footy experts no wonder they never get to a final .

All the cop shows are all Jane Tennison now , wiv yer your young bird helping out , and nice a touch of diversity chap , all laughing and raising eyebrows at the useless overweight ,drunken male, no wonder crime is high , cuts be buggered, its useless white males
    😏😉

All the straight middle aged white men fuming about the Women’s World Cup and Stormzy at Glastonbury are just mad because it wasn't speaking directly to them.

They're so used to culture and sport being made for them, they have a meltdown when it isn't. The world has changed, for the better. Get over it FFS.

I await the misogynistic replies to prove my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    All the straight middle aged white men fuming about the Women’s World Cup and Stormzy at Glastonbury are just mad because it wasn't speaking directly to them.

They're so used to culture and sport being made for them, they have a meltdown when it isn't. The world has changed, for the better. Get over it FFS.

I await the misogynistic replies to prove my point.
    Not here, I’m on your side

Women can survive without men, men can’t survive without women, FACT

Now that’ll set the pack off Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I hear you , some bird was telling everyone how to play cricket the other day, what with lady footy experts no wonder they never get to a final .

All the cop shows are all Jane Tennison now , wiv yer your young bird helping out , and nice a touch of diversity chap , all laughing and raising eyebrows at the useless overweight ,drunken male, no wonder crime is high , cuts be buggered, its useless white males
    😏😉
    My post was an attempt at irony btw.