+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Having A Pint In Town

Having A Pint In Town

4 of us out last night. Stayed in the Old Arcade all evening (well, say in, we were outside until it got a bit nippy), £8 a round, £2 a pint. By today’s standards that cracking value, music was decent as well. The Old A was never a pub I enjoyed in years gone by but fair play to ‘em now, sell it at a reasonable price and you’ll get the punters in. Good to see that the old chestnut of ‘Oh the beer’s dearer because there’s an event at the stadium/Castle’ wasn’t used. Back to reality soon when the season starts and the £4 odd a pint on our away games travels!!!

Re: Having A Pint In Town

The Borough sell booze at a good price too.
    Walk across the road to the clubs etc and you’re paying at least a fiver for a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    The Borough sell booze at a good price too.
    Walk across the road to the clubs etc and you’re paying at least a fiver for a pint.
    Strange thing was that the street was packed with drinkers mingling together yet some were buying their drinks from Beelzebubs & Head of Steam which were, I presume, a lot dearer than the Old A. I noticed that a lot of Borough regulars are now using the Old A due to the 20p difference 😂

went to watch my youngest at her girls county cricket game, £1.50 for a pint of Stowford press cider, nice and refreshing in this heat

but £1.50 a pint result

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Strange thing was that the street was packed with drinkers mingling together yet some were buying their drinks from Beelzebubs & Head of Steam which were, I presume, a lot dearer than the Old A. I noticed that a lot of Borough regulars are now using the Old A due to the 20p difference ��
    I can't imagine leaving a place I was comfortable in to save 20p a pint.

I actually don't think Spoons in town is bad value either.

[QUOTE=NYCBlue;4983563]I can't imagine leaving a place I was comfortable in to save 20p a pint.[/QUOTE ]
    Lot of professional drinkers in the city centre, they’ve got it all worked out, cheapest pint, happy hours, card stamp deals etc. Their

[QUOTE=splott parker;4983566][QUOTE=NYCBlue;4983563]I can't imagine leavinga place I was comfortable in to save 20p a pint.[/QUOTE ]
    Lot of professional drinkers in the city centre, they’ve got it all worked out, cheapest pint, happy hours, card stamp deals etc. Their way of thinking is 20p off means a free pint after every ten, also the card stamping deal in the Old A means it’s a free pint after 6 stamps. As I say pro drinkers.