+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Baseball

Baseball

Anyone watching the baseball? What channel is it on? Are the commentators American?

Re: Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Anyone watching the baseball? What channel is it on? Are the commentators American?
    Its live on BBC iplayer and app, not sure if thats any use to you. Fox logo on screen, and it is Yank comms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/baseball/48560031

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Its live on BBC iplayer and app, not sure if thats any use to you. Fox logo on screen, and it is Yank comms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/baseball/48560031
    You're watching the same thing I am then. I'm surprised it's not on regular TV.

You're watching the same thing I am then. I'm surprised it's not on regular TV.
    Womens world cup footy, Glastonbury taking up lots of airtime this weekend on the beeb. C4 doing F1 etc.

I watched it and really enjoyed it. I think the scoring was higher than normal tbf ��. Not quite Mark Ring at Roath but decent. Very well staged at the ammers manor.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    I watched it and really enjoyed it. I think the scoring was higher than normal tbf ��. Not quite Mark Ring at Roath but decent. Very well staged at the ammers manor.
    And it's on again tomorrow!

Just got back to our hotel in Stratford.Been here at the ‘limpic stadium since they opened the gates at 2pm.
    Great day, totally embraced the sport by doing the batting cages, pitched in the Bull Pens, drank a load of beer had a clam chowda and a 2’ hotdog all in perfect weather and the game was great for the novice fan... probably not for the baseball purist.
    I’d recommend it to any one needing a summer sport fix.
    Nearly 5 hrs of live sport drinking and eating in the sun... perfect

Was it the pitch / stadium dimensions that led to the high scores. ? Maybe better at Lords or Oval ��

Sure the cricket authorities will approve ....

I’m not an expert but of the runs scored not a huge amount were home runs so I suppose the ‘pitch’ dimensions didn’t make a massive difference IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    I’m not an expert but of the runs scored not a huge amount were home runs so I suppose the ‘pitch’ dimensions didn’t make a massive difference IMO
    The big difference was the amount of foul ball territory on the 1st and 3rd baselines. Should have made it a lot easier to get outs. Didn't seem to affect the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    I worked with Mr Ring in Companies House in the 80s - a real character.

Has it got lady expert analysis?

Rounders, ennit?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was with a group of people two weeks ago and one of them was a bit like bobh and came out with endless jokes that were way past their sell-by dates (and I'm talking decades rather than years). However, he almost raised a smile (but not from any of the ladies!) when he told us how he replied when someone asked what his ring tone was. 'Dark brown' was his response.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was with a group of people two weeks ago and one of them was a bit like bobh and came out with endless jokes that were way past their sell-by dates (and I'm talking decades rather than years). However, he almost raised a smile (but not from any of the ladies!) when he told us how he replied when someone asked what his ring tone was. 'Dark brown' was his response.
    Obviously not a Guinness drinker then!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I worked with David Giles at husband bros (dairy) in 1990!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Rounders, ennit?
    One of the Yankees pitchers threw a 100mph fastball yesterday. So no.