+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Bolger

Aaron Bolger

Shamrock Rovers have confirmed Aaron Bolger has left the club.
    It'll be interesting to see if he signs for us in a day or two.

Re: Aaron Bolger

Does this mean that his loan spell with us has been a success and that he is a genuine prospect who is never likely to play for us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Does this mean that his loan spell with us has been a success and that he is a genuine prospect who is never likely to play for us ?
    Since when were you an expert? He's 19 years old.

If you have that outlook, can we get rid of all the academy / youth players? Particularly as most wouldn't be as talented as him.

If he doesn't come to us, I'd say he's on his way to PNE

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

If you have that outlook, can we get rid of all the academy / youth players? Particularly as most wouldn't be as talented as him.

Interesting response. I thought I asked a question. I can't see that I have claimed expertise. Our academy's less than impressive record in producing players in recent years has been discussed at length on this board many times, either with players produced from a young age or acquired at an older age as we may do with Aaron. I suppose the issue is that if he does have genuine talent ( and I hope for his and our sake that he does) will he be further developed here and will he get a chance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

I thought he was having a dig at the record of our academy and the fact we rarely play anyone from the academy in our first team rather than the player.

Strange thread

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    According to this hes signed for us

https://www.the42.ie/aaron-bolger-ca...07477-Jul2019/
    Anyone got a view on how he's done since the loan started in February?

Are we talking u23s for next season or first team?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Anyone got a view on how he's done since the loan started in February?

Are we talking u23s for next season or first team?
    TOBW will have a view on that I guess. I only saw Bolger play one full game, he started well but faded after a couple of mistakes seemed to rattle him. I wouldn't have him down as a Warnock player, there's not much to him, but who knows where a good pre-season might take him?

I'm hopeful that the u-23s might not be such a dead zone next season. Some promising youngsters coming in from the Academy added to a few good players already there should give lads like Bolger a decent chance to show what they can do at that level. I've a feeling TOBW won't be quite so optimistic though.

Didn't really take my eye in the two or three games I watched him in - based on them, I'd say we've signed him on the basis of the reputation he made for himself at Shamrock Rovers. That said, I don't think the Under 23 team of the last couple of seasons has been an environment where someone can come in and look good straight away, so it's probably best to judge him on what happens now he's got a proper contract - he's at an age where he should be one of the mainstays of the Development team from now on.

Stephen McPhail who is one of the directors of Shamrock Rovers gave his old mate Andy Legg the heads up regarding Aaron.
    Originally signed on loan in January so the under 23’s could have a look at him - he impressed with several man of the match displays, the most note able away against Swansea in the semi finals of the youth cup which they lost.
    However Warnocks Head has been turned and he is really impressed with Aaron’s development making him a permanent City player.
    As for this season he’s a young uncut diamond who hasn’t trained at all with the U23’s but at the Vale with the first team - he’s that well thought of!!
    He isn’t travelling to Slovenia with the development squad for pre season on Sunday but has been told the good news that he is travelling on Tuesday with the first team to America which again underlines Warnocks confidence in the kid (and who are we to argue)
    Those of you who are going to Taffs Well tonight will see him in action - Aaron’s playing the first 45 minutes
    Let’s give him a great reception as I’m sure he will prove to be a real fans favourite in time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Stephen McPhail who is one of the directors of Shamrock Rovers gave his old mate Andy Legg the heads up regarding Aaron.
    Originally signed on loan in January so the under 23’s could have a look at him - he impressed with several man of the match displays, the most note able away against Swansea in the semi finals of the youth cup which they lost.
    However Warnocks Head has been turned and he is really impressed with Aaron’s development making him a permanent City player.
    As for this season he’s a young uncut diamond who hasn’t trained at all with the U23’s but at the Vale with the first team - he’s that well thought of!!
    He isn’t travelling to Slovenia with the development squad for pre season on Sunday but has been told the good news that he is travelling on Tuesday with the first team to America which again underlines Warnocks confidence in the kid (and who are we to argue)
    Those of you who are going to Taffs Well tonight will see him in action - Aaron’s playing the first 45 minutes
    Let’s give him a great reception as I’m sure he will prove to be a real fans favourite in time!!!
    Great update, Mr Bolger; good luck to your son tonight

https://youtu.be/YPhVr9yq9vY

Padraig, tell him to stop mumbling ffs.

How did he do against the Well?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How did he do against the Well?
    Evidently, no-one dare venture an opinion in case they are accused of being an "expert" by the OP

Evidently, no-one dare venture an opinion in case they are accused of being an "expert" by the OP

I misread the reply as being another potential prospect who will never play for us. I take Bolger as a potential Ralls.
    It beats the usual "he's from Aberflyarff, why isn't he playing?"