+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Mohammed

Re: Jason Mohammed

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Feck me if you watch and listen to all that how do you fit in sleeping that’s a 24 hour a day commitment l reckon ,but seriously l could live without the bbc and would find many better things to do with my monthly payment to them that should be my choice and not forced on me as it is know
    Do you also resent paying tax and NI for others to have healthcare?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is he Hitler, Stalin & Mussolini all rolled into one?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No sir l most certainly don’t ,paid both all my working life and am as proud as the next man of our healthcare system,tell you what though the nurses and doctors who save lives on a daily basis get nowhere near the 1.75 million a year that Lineaker and his cronies are paid for spouting shit that l already know

No sir l most certainly don’t ,paid both all my working life and am as proud as the next man of our healthcare system,tell you what though the nurses and doctors who save lives on a daily basis get nowhere near the 1.75 million a year that Lineaker and his cronies are paid for spouting shit that l already know
    But that’s a ridiculous comparison that’s all too often trotted out. So easy to pluck any high earner out and throw in the ‘disgusted of Tunbridge Wells’ mantra that the dustman/bus driver/ nurse etc is worth more. There are many, many personalities who are paid much more than Gary Lineker, good luck to them. And that’s certainly not decrying the worth of our emergency services, it’s comparing apples with bananas.

All bbc channels should be pay per view (oh hang on they already are)it should not be a criminal offence to not pay for something you do not watch or even want, it costs me £12.83 a month for a channel l would opt out of if l were allowed
    I do agree with this , I wouldn't pay this subscription if it was optional, bbc produces some decent shows which I enjoy but the budget they must have must be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I do agree with this , I wouldn't pay this subscription if it was optional, bbc produces some decent shows which I enjoy but the budget they must have must be astronomical.
    Compared to what? Commercial tv has a far larger budget that’s paid for by the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Compared to what? Commercial tv has a far larger budget that’s paid for by the consumer.
    3.83 bill a year for what 5 tv channels and 10 radio stations?

I do think BBC website is excellent and their coverage of world cup is usually decent.

The point j was making is how many of us would opt out of this

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    3.83 bill a year for what 5 tv channels and 10 radio stations?

I do think BBC website is excellent and their coverage of world cup is usually decent.

The point j was making is how many of us would opt out of this
    I honestly believe that if there was a choice of opting out and the opters out were denied access to any BBC material completely full stop, many would reconsider when talking to workmates, friends etc who were discussing the Beeb’s programmes. Less than £2 a day, it’s great value. If for nothing else the absence of inane advert breaks its worth it. I thank God for BBC radio at work when I overhear other workers radios spouting ‘Tell ‘em Trevor sent you’. 😂😂

But that’s a ridiculous comparison that’s all too often trotted out. So easy to pluck any high earner out and throw in the ‘disgusted of Tunbridge Wells’ mantra that the dustman/bus driver/ nurse etc is worth more. There are many, many personalities who are paid much more than Gary Lineker, good luck to them. And that’s certainly not decrying the worth of our emergency services, it’s comparing apples with bananas.
    You might think it ridiculous l happen to think it correct,tell you what l find mind blowing about the money they pay to football experts is I’m sure like me you’ve been to hundreds upon hundreds of live football matches yet you get no pre match,half time or post match analysis ok you may discuss it between your mates or even the guy sat next to you but for the most part you draw your own conclusions thats why messageboards are so interesting no two people seem to agree on anything when it comes to a game they’ve just been to and that’s fine ,but on tv a so called experts opinion is so much more important that they will pay out 1.7 million for the privilege of hearing it

I've not seen that much of Jason Mohammed. But when I have, to me he comes a across as weak and lacking in personality compared with his co-hosts and other presenters/pundits.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    ITV and Sky pay their top presenters more. That's why Lineker etc have an agreement to work on BT, to top up their pay packet. The Tories want this to force their salaries down, so all the talent leaves, so they can stop the BBC having MOTD etc, so nobody cares when it goes.
    So it is all a tory plot to make the BBC stop haivng mtach of the day!!!! FFS I've seen some spurious accusations about all kinds of stuff on here but that is absolutely hilarious.
    Well done, I've had a shit day but you managed to make me laugh.

You might think it ridiculous l happen to think it correct,tell you what l find mind blowing about the money they pay to football experts is I’m sure like me you’ve been to hundreds upon hundreds of live football matches yet you get no pre match,half time or post match analysis ok you may discuss it between your mates or even the guy sat next to you but for the most part you draw your own conclusions thats why messageboards are so interesting no two people seem to agree on anything when it comes to a game they’ve just been to and that’s fine ,but on tv a so called experts opinion is so much more important that they will pay out 1.7 million for the privilege of hearing it
    But, as I say, you can pluck any high earner out and put them up against underpaid emergency workers. There’s a darts player, Rob Cross, who’s earnt £1,118,000 this year so far!!!! there’s ridiculous money being earnt left, right & centre but it’s pick on the BBC time because of the licence issue. I would imagine many commercial tv personalities, Simon Cowell, Bradley Walsh etc are leaving Beeb high earners in their wake but people don’t seem to realise we’re paying their wages as well. Have you ever noticed the prize money on BBC quiz shows compared to ITV? It’s a vast difference, all paid for by us, the consumer, yet commercial tv seems to get off Scot free. The BBC continue to cater for minority audiences through the licence fee which, to me, is very important. I would imagine that it’s a very small percentage of BBC employees who are being paid vast amounts which perhaps highlights it a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've not seen that much of Jason Mohammed. But when I have, to me he comes a across as weak and lacking in personality compared with his co-hosts and other presenters/pundits.
    He makes Mark Chapman sound like Robin Williams. But maybe that's what the BBC want from him - someone anodyne to keep things rolling along while Savage and Sutton rattle on. Fair play to the guy; he obviously works hard but it's a bit disappointing that that seems to be enough these days.

We'd all take it if we could get it, I know we have a GOD squad on here, but who turns down a pay rise ?, its not a job to command this type of salary but I suppose the going rate, he's better than a lot of presenters to be fair to him.

But, as I say, you can pluck any high earner out and put them up against underpaid emergency workers. There’s a darts player, Rob Cross, who’s earnt £1,118,000 this year so far!!!! there’s ridiculous money being earnt left, right & centre but it’s pick on the BBC time because of the licence issue. I would imagine many commercial tv personalities, Simon Cowell, Bradley Walsh etc are leaving Beeb high earners in their wake but people don’t seem to realise we’re paying their wages as well. Have you ever noticed the prize money on BBC quiz shows compared to ITV? It’s a vast difference, all paid for by us, the consumer, yet commercial tv seems to get off Scot free. The BBC continue to cater for minority audiences through the licence fee which, to me, is very important. I would imagine that it’s a very small percentage of BBC employees who are being paid vast amounts which perhaps highlights it a bit more.
    Excuse my pedantry but Rob Cross has won £247,500 so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Excuse my pedantry but Rob Cross has won £247,500 so far this year.
    Sorry, I misread it, the million + is his career earnings, although he hasn’t been pro for that long. Still, who’d have thought darts players would be in that money category?

Sorry, I misread it, the million + is his career earnings, although he hasn’t been pro for that long. Still, who’d have thought darts players would be in that money category?
    I’d say so. The amount it’s on SKY and the number of tournaments they play would suggest there’s quite a bit of bunce floating about in the darts game.
    Rob Cross is pretty new to the PDC but has done well in his two years. He was World Champion last year and is currently ranked World number 2.

wHy aruNT sOLDierZ payd tHe sAMe as wAYne ROonee

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    wHy aruNT sOLDierZ payd tHe sAMe as wAYne ROonee
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It will only need 582 over 75s to risk freezing their knackers off after they've coughed £154.50 each for a BBC Licence to cover his well deserved £90K pay rise.

A good proportion of those will die prematurely from hypothermia which will save the government loadsa money in benefit payments. It would only be right and proper for our Jase to share in those savings by way of a bonus. Perhaps him pocketing £2K per death would be fair and reasonable.
    Some don't need a free licence : 1 in 5 pensioners are millionaires, some millionaires in Wales get free bus passes and prescriptions ??

https://www.ft.com/content/c69b49de-...1-4ff78404524e

If one thing sums up the times we live in, it's the way that BBC bashing has become a national pastime because of the loons on either side of the political spectrum who have found themselves in positions where they can have some influence. As I've said once or twice before on here, if you're getting stick in almost equal amounts from the left and the right, it probably means you're getting it about right.

I tend to be a BBC defender in the main, but when I see a lowest common denominator nobody like Chris Sutton earning a living by commentating for BBC radio at the Champions League Final, then it becomes a case of defending the indefensible.

How do these salaries compare to ITV,s top earners?

If we are looking at waste i would be more concerned with the 250k which was wasted renaming the Severn Bridge.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...tolls-16519819

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post

If we are looking at waste i would be more concerned with the 250k which was wasted renaming the Severn Bridge.

Just Googled Bradley Walsh....4.6 million a year!!!!

The TV licence fee is a tax. You have to pay it in order to watch live TV. Whether you watch BBC or not doesn't matter. The Beeb gets your cash.

More young people apparently watch TV via NOW TV, and for this you do not need a TV licence

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post

Last year Ant and Dec earned £12,175 per day, and that was the troubled year with one of them practically out of action!!!!