+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whitts

Re: Whitts

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post

If he decides to become a coach, I hope that it is with us. I would like to see us take on more of our ex-players, if they have the skills that we require.
    I thought he said his retirement plan was to sit on his arse, watch TV and get fat.

God bless you Peter Whittingham - what a player - will always be in my favourite team of all time (along with Dave Bennett)

Happy retirement and have a nice cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I thought he said his retirement plan was to sit on his arse, watch TV and get fat.
    Sounds about right. I seem to remember some years ago when there was talk of him being sold (to Forest perhaps?), one of our players did an informal chat behind the scenes, spilling the beans etc for something like Soccer AM, Football Focus or something like that. The player said there was no chance of Whitts leaving because it would mean him having to unplug and set up his XBox somewhere else.

I have 2 pet rats, and I named them Whitts and Earnie... Seems quite fitting that I honoured him like this the year he has retired! 😂
    Easily the most gifted player I saw in a City shirt in my lifetime. An absolute pleasure to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    God bless you Peter Whittingham - what a player - will always be in my favourite team of all time (along with Dave Bennett)

Happy retirement and have a nice cup of tea
    Not much of a team there binman

Simply magnificent. One of my all time favourite footballers. And a wand of a left foot. Thanks for the memories whitts

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You sometimes hear rumours about footballers who don't like the game. That was said sometimes about Whitts and his nature and attitude tended to make me think that there could be some truth in it - there's absolutely no way I could see someone like him going into coaching.

My favourite City player by some distance of recent years - a true City great. Somehow, I don't think he's been too bothered about not having a testimonial game, but, if I'm wrong and he is, then the club should pull out all of the stops to get something done for him.

heard a rumour he's been named as the deckchair man on penarth pier...fitting..
    the best left foot there ever was

I'd buy his autobiography in a heart beat; just think about what he would have experienced with us: Ninian Park, Ridsdale then Tan (rebrand and reversal) with Hamman as life president, Cardiff City stadium with promotion and relegation, Dave Jones - Warnock. What a book it could be!

Best goal has to be one against Middlesbrough or Leicester in the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'd buy his autobiography in a heart beat; just think about what he would have experienced with us: Ninian Park, Ridsdale then Tan (rebrand and reversal) with Hamman as life president, Cardiff City stadium with promotion and relegation, Dave Jones - Warnock. What a book it could be!

My favourite goal of his, but there's so many great ones to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My favourite goal of his, but there's so many great ones to choose from.

Too many aimless long balls and poor control by JET in the build-up. Didn't he finish off goal of the month against Sheffield United in a thriller at one point?

Whitts could add a short chapter to the book about Randy Learner taking over at Aston Villa as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Almost every City player who played with him, named McPhail as the best player they've played with, and certainly in that team.
    That was season we came flying out at the start, 5 points clear in November was it? Didn’t even make the playoffs did we?

This is meant as a compliment, but I always get the impression that he was the sort of man who was untroubled by other stuff happening at the club and just got on with playing the game and, it seems, his xbox. I’m not sure you will get much insight on the boardroom stuff from him.

Too many aimless long balls and poor control by JET in the build-up. Didn't he finish off goal of the month against Sheffield United in a thriller at one point?

Whitts could add a short chapter to the book about Randy Learner taking over at Aston Villa as well.
    https://youtu.be/XBkZskioI80 (quality is crap) Sheffield game you’re referring to.
    Scored a hat trick but yes his 3rd was a superb team goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    That season he got more than 20 goals from midfield- what a player!
    We should have gone up that season and I felt the squad would have done well in the premier league if we had.

It was one of the best seasons I’ve ever seen a player have in a city shirt. He was unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    We should have gone up that season and I felt the squad would have done well in the premier league if we had.

It was one of the best seasons I’ve ever seen a player have in a city shirt. He was unplayable
    We should’ve and we were hit by a transfer umbongo in the January after Ridsdale lied saying if we bought STs early the funds would be used for new players. The fund was used to pay HMRC!