+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Harry Maguire worth £70M

Is Harry Maguire worth £70M

I haven't seen it! He's always struck me as a bit agricultural £25M maybe but not £70M shirley!

Re: Is Harry Maguire worth £70M

Nowhere near that.
    Average to good at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I haven't seen it! He's always struck me as a bit agricultural £25M maybe but not £70M shirley!
    Pablo Sarabia got 13 goals and 13 assists for Sevilla last season, he's gone for €18m to PSG. The Premier League clubs have gone mad.

Quite simply No.

Players who play consistently for England are always quite marketable so that increases their price, plus he will count as a home grown player (or whatever it is), still quite young too. He is definitely a good player and transfer fees have gone wild in the last few years. Is £70 million even a lot of money any more.

Plus Premier League clubs are loaded and everyone knows it so prices always go up.

Wan Bisakka (who is very good) has gone for about £50 million so on that evidence you'd have to say Maguire is worth more.

£25 million isn't worth what it was 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    John Percy, who in my experience is super reliable, is reporting Leicester have told Man Utd they need to pay £90m

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Pablo Sarabia got 13 goals and 13 assists for Sevilla last season, he's gone for €18m to PSG. The Premier League clubs have gone mad.
    A thinly veiled "I'm obsessed with Spanish football" post NQAT

I genuinely thought if we did last year which did season before in terms of getting lots of cs and Morrison getting a good number of goals in 1-0 wins could have seen him getting called up and being sold for big money.

For me he is the best defender attacking a ball I've seen, not defending

Yes if you reflect the market and he's one of the best defender's in England.

I remember the same shock and horror when Rio went to Utd for what's was a big fee at the time .

Yes, if that is what has been offered then that's what he is worth. Is it good value? No.

Is there better value elsewhere? Almost certainly. But he's English, is decent, relatively young for a cb.

Have Leicester rejected it? I mean unless it's heavily based on apps, etc then they would be silly to reject if they come back slightly higher.

No, he's a big lump who'd probably do well in a Warnock team, but hardly top class players than Man Ure need.

ANd they just paid £45m, up front! for Wan-Bissaka! Ole doing a great job.

Absolutely not. If wasn't English and didn't come up with occasional goal, no one would mention him. He was shit when we played Leicester. Who's supposed to be paying £70M? Solskjaer?

Harry Maguire is no Vigil Van Dyck.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Absolutely not. If wasn't English and didn't come up with occasional goal, no one would mention him. He was shit when we played Leicester. Who's supposed to be paying £70M? Solskjaer?

Harry Maguire is no Vigil Van Dyck.
    He’s no f*cking Dick Van Dyke 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s no f*cking Dick Van Dyke ��
    I don't know, he can probably do a better cockney accent.

But there's no way he could win a dance-off.

I don't rate him as good as Van Dyke.

Man City have carved them up again, like they did with that heap of waste Sanchez from Arsenal.

Pretend to show an interest, when they have no intention of buying

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A thinly veiled "I'm obsessed with Spanish football" post NQAT
    does that relate to Sarri ball in any way??

Old slab ‘ed can’t believe his luck.

Better player than he is often given credit for, but, with someone like him going for that sort of fee and Palace demanding more than that for Zaha, the domestic market at the top level no longer even offers moderate value for money.

Technically he's worth what the buying club are willing to pay for him. Should Manchester United be looking elsewhere at that price? Absolutely.

John Percy, who in my experience is super reliable, is reporting Leicester have told Man Utd they need to pay £90m
    He’s ok but he’s not the enforcer Man Utd need at the back, there lovely struggles look set to continue on.....

Not in a million years ........ Average at best, still riding the wave from England's AMAZING World Cup run

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Technically he's worth what the buying club are willing to pay for him. Should Manchester United be looking elsewhere at that price? Absolutely.
    Not really. It's not like he's a rare collectible like Dave Gilmour's guitar. He's being bought to perform a task and the results of his labour should result in tangibles like trophies and money. There's no way Harry Maguire can live up to a £70M fee. It can be argued that Van Dyck took Liverpool to the next level resulting in 97 points in the EPL and a European Cup. Is Harry Maguire going to make that kind of difference to Man U?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not really. It's not like he's a rare collectible like Dave Gilmour's guitar. He's being bought to perform a task and the results of his labour should result in tangibles like trophies and money. There's no way Harry Maguire can live up to a £70M fee. It can be argued that Van Dyck took Liverpool to the next level resulting in 97 points in the EPL and a European Cup. Is Harry Maguire going to make that kind of difference to Man U?
    That was 18 months ago. Football has disappeared up it's own arse yet further in that time. If Lucas Hernandez is going for €80m and AWB is worth £50m then who knows what's going to happen next?

That was 18 months ago. Football has disappeared up it's own arse yet further in that time. If Lucas Hernandez is going for €80m and AWB is worth £50m then who knows what's going to happen next?
    I hope it happens. I still bear resentment to OGS and the sooner he's shown up for what he is, the better. He's completely out of his depth. Surely Fergie advises in some capacity? I wonder what he thinks about Harry Maguire. Then again he did blow £25M on Juan Veron nearly 20 years ago. How much is that is today's money?