+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are City at their usual Cornish haunt?

Are City at their usual Cornish haunt?

NW’s back to basics place?

Re: Are City at their usual Cornish haunt?

Nope

The U23 squad are playing three games in Devon and Cornwall as follows:

Monday 15th July - Tavistock AFC vs. Cardiff City U23 - Langsford Park, Tavistock (7pm)

Wednesday 17th July - Bodmin Town FC vs. Cardiff City U23 - Priory Park, Bodmin (7pm)

Friday 19th July - Plymouth Parkway FC vs. Cardiff City U23 - Bolitho Park, Manadon (7:30pm)

I think the tour of the USA this time is an admission that Warnock got it wrong last time. Clearly games in Cornwall were no preparation for the Premier league and perhaps were partly to blame for our very poor start last season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think the tour of the USA this time is an admission that Warnock got it wrong last time. Clearly games in Cornwall were no preparation for the Premier league and perhaps were partly to blame for our very poor start last season.
    Yeh feasting on cornish ciders and pasties maybe heaven for some, but not out new deluxe squad , strangely the year before last year , he received plaudits , and promotion for doing the Cornish /Devon tour .

And yet we did the same thing before the last Championship season and won the first 5 games.

There was a report yesterday that said the team are in Cornwall on a training camp, but there were no other details about that.

It's a good job we're playing the giants of New Mexico United and San Antonio FC, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    And yet we did the same thing before the last Championship season and won the first 5 games.

There was a report yesterday that said the team are in Cornwall on a training camp, but there were no other details about that.
    That prompted my question

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

Half the team were in Cardiff yesterday, including Warnock so if they are, they're not there yet (or went late yesterday).

No need for sarcasm boys. Just a genuine comment on preseason. I am well aware we went to Cornwall in our promotion year, but the club has admitted it was 6 months behind the loop in preparing for life in the Prem. Not unreasonable then to ask if they got their preseason right given the results that followed.

No need for sarcasm boys. Just a genuine comment on preseason. I am well aware we went to Cornwall in our promotion year, but the club has admitted it was 6 months behind the loop in preparing for life in the Prem. Not unreasonable then to ask if they got their preseason right given the results that followed.
    Wasn't trying to be sarcy, JC; Warnock has taken all his teams to Cornwall with varying after effects, so I think it's difficult to see if it was a specific error in preparation.

I just don't see how the opposition or results of pre season can ever be a guide to how the season will start. Over the years we have had pretty much every outcome possible.

The only preparation is in fitness. The glorified training matches that some of the big clubs try and hype are merely a part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I just don't see how the opposition or results of pre season can ever be a guide to how the season will start. Over the years we have had pretty much every outcome possible.

The only preparation is in fitness. The glorified training matches that some of the big clubs try and hype are merely a part of that.
    Fitness and bonding are the key.
    However a preseason of good rather than bad results must boost confidence.