+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An evening with Warren Gatland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: An evening with Warren Gatland

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I was also there last night. Very interesting and an enjoyable evening. Loved his Scottish jibe about not picking any of their players for the lions and his Mike Phillips gag about being world class when he was asked economy class or business class. But nearly fell off my chair at the Toby statement. Tried to get the microphone after that to ask him if he was being serious. Think he will only take 5 props and an extra back rower which will allow Toby and Ellis Jenkins (if fit) or shingles to go. Last comment - have a flutter on Wales. He is confident!!
    Where were you sitting Lord W? I was dying to ask him more questions. Thought it was good but they could do with some air con at The Roses. The Mike Phillips story was exactly what you would expect Phillips to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Where were you sitting Lord W? I was dying to ask him more questions. Thought it was good but they could do with some air con at The Roses. The Mike Phillips story was exactly what you would expect Phillips to say.
    A few rows behind you. Had lots of questions for him but didn't get a look in! The back row is a real conundrum. Tipuric the only natural 7 so if Ellis not fir he may have to take James Davies - as good as Navidi is he is not a natural 7. So what would that mean for Toby! But surely has to take him. Who starts 10 and who starts 15 in a WC Final?! Headaches evreywhere.

A few rows behind you. Had lots of questions for him but didn't get a look in! The back row is a real conundrum. Tipuric the only natural 7 so if Ellis not fir he may have to take James Davies - as good as Navidi is he is not a natural 7. So what would that mean for Toby! But surely has to take him. Who starts 10 and who starts 15 in a WC Final?! Headaches evreywhere.
    Nice headaches to have though. Our back row options are almost endless. Even with injuries the likes of Lydiate and Thomas Young won’t get a look in. Personally I would have Biggar at 10 and Liam Williams at 15. If Biggar doesn’t start I would think about bringing Halfpenny in on the wing because we need a reliable goal kicker. I’m not convinced Anscombe is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Nice headaches to have though. Our back row options are almost endless. Even with injuries the likes of Lydiate and Thomas Young won’t get a look in. Personally I would have Biggar at 10 and Liam Williams at 15. If Biggar doesn’t start I would think about bringing Halfpenny in on the wing because we need a reliable goal kicker. I’m not convinced Anscombe is that.
    Indeed. Personally Anscombe at 10 and Liam W at 15. But halfpenny at wing means one of Josh Adams or North not playing. Big call.....

Can't wait for it to start - as you say if we can just keep them fit.

Indeed. Personally Anscombe at 10 and Liam W at 15. But halfpenny at wing means one of Josh Adams or North not playing. Big call.....

Can't wait for it to start - as you say if we can just keep them fit.
    Yep would hate to see Josh Adams dropped.