+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We get everything

We get everything

Re: We get everything

It’s a great day out, other events and small festivals they have there are nice too, open air plays etc....we are lucky to have it and the national one in the centre....

It was the "go to" place for our primary school in the early 60s.
    Didn't have much more than a pigsty and old barns then.

But it's a very interesting day out these days, though they should consider staying open later than 5pm, esp in summer.

I've thought for years that they should reopen the st fagans train stop. Bus service to the site is appalling, so.if you don't want to drive it's not really an option.

They should open a Victorian style station, complete with hanging baskets and staff in Victorian attire, where you can change onto a steam train that would take you around the park

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've thought for years that they should reopen the st fagans train stop. Bus service to the site is appalling, so.if you don't want to drive it's not really an option.

They should open a Victorian style station, complete with hanging baskets and staff in Victorian attire, where you can change onto a steam train that would take you around the park
    Maybe some opium bars to give it that Victorian feel also

That would be good, Beamish, it’s North East equivalent has one which chugs around the site, it also has an authentic open cast mine. So much scope to add things.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That would be good, Beamish, it’s North East equivalent has one which chugs around the site, it also has an authentic open cast mine. So much scope to add things.
    Some similar ones I've been to seem to have picked one year and run with that, whereas at fagans is a bit of a hotch potch of different eras. Might be a bit incongruous to have a steam train puffing away in the background of the iron age Celtic settlement.

On a completely different point. The high ropes they have put up there are excellent.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe some opium bars to give it that Victorian feel also
    Opium DENS shirley?

International

Some similar ones I've been to seem to have picked one year and run with that, whereas at fagans is a bit of a hotch potch of different eras. Might be a bit incongruous to have a steam train puffing away in the background of the iron age Celtic settlement.

On a completely different point. The high ropes they have put up there are excellent.
    It's not a hotch potch it is a very deliberate journey through the way people lived through hundreds of years. My only complaint the last time I went was that the prefab was closed. The new visitor centre wasn't open then, I'd like to see that now.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Beamish is great. It is actually in a village called No Place! The local pub is called The Beamish Mary, and they used to sell womens Tee shirts with a picture on the back of a girl in victorian dress with a parasol leaning on a gas lamp. On the front were the words "All dressed up and no place to go".