Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Anne Widdicombe is many (bad) things but not Hitler (nor a 3rd rate Goebbels).

However there are many aspects of current political and social attitudes that have strong echoes of the 1930s. Apart from the overt fascists and neo-Nazis, many of the right wing populist demagogues around the world (and their movements) look and sound a lot like the European and American fascists of the 1920s/30s.

You clearly see them as freedom fighters against the Globalist Conspiracy (also has echoes from the 1930s!). I do not. I think we need to learn the lessons of the past before some international trigger event gives these people more of the power they crave and the ability to turn their vile fantasies into reality.
No criticism of left with their Antifa brigades, Alinsky playbooks, propaganda media, and a desire to curtail free speech? Where you see fascists, I see communists! The truth is both sides are not at bad as you think, although each does have their unsavoury elements. So come on old chap, show a bit of balance, and there is plenty of room on the fence if you want to come and join me!