+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taffs Well tonight

Taffs Well tonight

Team: Day, Pryce, Bagan, Bolger, Brown (c), Nelson, Wootton, Evans, Moore, Waite, Williams.

Subs: Warnock, Hall, Margetson, Jones, J Davies, C Davies, Patten, Bowen, Mayembe, Trialist, Griffiths

A few names there that I don't recognise from u18/u23 reports last year. + Day, Nelson (and Bolger).

Re: Taffs Well tonight

Desperate times when Neil Warnock, Jason Bowen and Martyn Margetson are on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Team: Day, Pryce, Bagan, Bolger, Brown (c), Nelson, Wootton, Evans, Moore, Waite, Williams.

Subs: Warnock, Hall, Margetson, Jones, J Davies, C Davies, Patten, Bowen, Mayembe, Trialist, Griffiths

A few names there that I don't recognise from u18/u23 reports last year. + Day, Nelson (and Bolger).
    All those players were with us last season bar the three we've just signed + Moore, who could be Shamar Moore from Reading who played a few games for us on trial at the end of last season. No Spence or Reynolds, two excellent prospects from the Academy, but they both seem to be made of glass so could be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    All those players were with us last season bar the three we've just signed + Moore, who could be Shamar Moore from Reading who played a few games for us on trial at the end of last season. No Spence or Reynolds, two excellent prospects from the Academy, but they both seem to be made of glass so could be injured.
    It is Shamar Moore

City 1 up from the penalty spot. Jacob Evans 16 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It is Shamar Moore
    Isn’t he an actor??

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Isn’t he an actor??
    That's Shemar Moore. He's 49 so could fit into our back four but this guy is a striker.

City 2-1 up now, Wootton with our second.

Who’s 5 and who’s 10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Who’s 5 and who’s 10 ?
    Mayembe is the youngest I think, he's 16.

Mayembe is the youngest I think, he's 16.
    Ha, Ha...

The team was Day, Price, Bagan, Bolger, Brown, Nelson, Wootton, Evans, Moore, Waite, Williams. Assuming they're playing 1-11 in that order then it's Ciaron Brown at 5 and James Waite at 10.

The team was Day, Price, Bagan, Bolger, Brown, Nelson, Wootton, Evans, Moore, Waite, Williams. Assuming they're playing 1-11 in that order then it's Ciaron Brown at 5 and James Waite at 10.
    Sounds about right.

No 5 has a pony tail and my mate thinks he played last year ?

Sounds about right.

No 5 has a pony tail and my mate thinks he played last year ?
    That's Ciaron Brown, yes. He's been here around 18 months. Went on loan to Livingston at the end of last season.

That's Ciaron Brown, yes. He's been here around 18 months. Went on loan to Livingston at the end of last season.
    Game has died now after an exciting first 15

Game has died now after an exciting first 15
    Griffiths is on now. Scored loads for the Academy last season, very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Desperate times when Neil Warnock, Jason Bowen and Martyn Margetson are on the bench.
    Not to mention Cohen Griffith..

Griffiths is on now. Scored loads for the Academy last season, very promising.
    And he's just scored to make it 3-1

4-1, Ntazana Mayembe

Connor Davies, 5-1 win for City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Post deserves a mention imo.

Some young lads on the 21:25 train to Treherbert let themselves down though by generally not being able to handle their cans of that fruity, sickly cider that they drink these days and acting like twats.

It's fine on a coach but there were other people around as well and their behaviour was not on.

Also, I detest that anti-Jack "touched by your father" song as it could put lads off talking about their own experiences of being sexually abused as kids. We live in an age when we're all either trying to battle our own mental health issues, or help a mate out with his. That's all I want to say about it for now.

International

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Some young lads on the 21:25 train to Treherbert let themselves down though by generally not being able to handle their cans of that fruity, sickly cider that they drink these days and acting like twats.

It's fine on a coach but there were other people around as well and their behaviour was not on.

Also, I detest that anti-Jack "touched by your father" song as it could put lads off talking about their own experiences of being sexually abused as kids. We live in an age when we're all either trying to battle our own mental health issues, or help a mate out with his. That's all I want to say about it for now.
    I understand your concerns but this makes it almost sound like every kid was but it is only now OK to talk about it. I had a very happy childhood, along with most of my friends and I think this latent accusation thing can get out of hand.
    There is a trial going on in Newcastle which highlights this exact thing.

Let's be honest: there are a fair few cretinous meatheads that attend football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Let's be honest: there are a fair few cretinous meatheads that attend football matches.
    I was there tonight, it's not just the youngsters, there's quite a few adults about ,not in control of ones faculties.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I understand your concerns but this makes it almost sound like every kid was but it is only now OK to talk about it. I had a very happy childhood, along with most of my friends and I think this latent accusation thing can get out of hand.
    There is a trial going on in Newcastle which highlights this exact thing.
    Do you go through a newspaper and think "but that never happened to me" on ever page?

While I'd rather this thread be about City playing locally and raising money for charity, I absolutely agree that that song could have such a negative impact that it shouldn't be sung. It really is an awful song and right up there with some of the worst through our modern history.