+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taffs Well tonight

Re: Taffs Well tonight

The identity of last night's trialist revealed.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...n-utd-16541527

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While I'd rather this thread be about City playing locally and raising money for charity, I absolutely agree that that song could have such a negative impact that it shouldn't be sung. It really is an awful song and right up there with some of the worst through our modern history.
    It would be great if the football and the money raised was all there was to talk about, but whilst this disgusting bile continues to be spouted, it can’t be ignored. Self policing is the only way to stop it.
    Unless that is, we have more brainless cretins, than we have decent fans.

I know I said I'd say no-more on this matter but I think I should respond to a few points.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I understand your concerns but this makes it almost sound like every kid was but it is only now OK to talk about it.
    Don't misunderstand me. Of course not every kid has been abused and I'm also aware that we are developing a society when accusations can be made out of malice or simply because people are hyper-sensitive. However, the truth is that some and I'd wager that there are lads on here who were sexually abused as kids.

My point to what you highlighted was that I'd gladly have a pint and a chat with one of my mates or anyone for that matter who disclosed that they may have been abused, but that song in particular automatically creates an artificial barrier not to talk about it. The same principle applies to lads who are gay.

William Treseder: Yes, you are 100% right about self-policing. The less fans who sing it, the more likely it will become unfashionable to sing it.

Back to the match, I was pleased with what I saw although the defenders seemed to lose concentration on a few occasions early doors. I saw Scott Brown and Joe Day having a word with Curtis Nelson twice in the first half. Did anyone see that?

It was never going to be much of a test but I thought that Taff's Well tackled full-blooded on times which Warnock himself would have appreciated in one sense, but not in the other!

City's fitness showed after the 70th minute and Taff's Well just fancied going for pie and mash but Cardiff's youngsters looked pretty good technically and showed promise by whipping the ball in the box and and having a run through the center as well.

Our number 20 was superb.

Well done to everyone who made the trip as well as all the proceeds went to charity.

International

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I know I said I'd say no-more on this matter but I think I should respond to a few points.

Don't misunderstand me. Of course not every kid has been abused and I'm also aware that we are developing a society when accusations can be made out of malice or simply because people are hyper-sensitive. However, the truth is that some and I'd wager that there are lads on here who were sexually abused as kids.

My point to what you highlighted was that I'd gladly have a pint and a chat with one of my mates or anyone for that matter who disclosed that they may have been abused, but that song in particular automatically creates an artificial barrier not to talk about it. The same principle applies to lads who are gay.

William Treseder: Yes, you are 100% right about self-policing. The less fans who sing it, the more likely it will become unfashionable to sing it.

Back to the match, I was pleased with what I saw although the defenders seemed to lose concentration on a few occasions early doors. I saw Scott Brown and Joe Day having a word with Curtis Nelson twice in the first half. Did anyone see that?

It was never going to be much of a test but I thought that Taff's Well tackled full-blooded on times which Warnock himself would have appreciated in one sense, but not in the other!

City's fitness showed after the 70th minute and Taff's Well just fancied going for pie and mash but Cardiff's youngsters looked pretty good technically and showed promise by whipping the ball in the box and and having a run through the center as well.

Well done to everyone who made the trip as well as all the proceeds went to charity.
    I'm with you on that 100%. Its just that people like the guy in court now tend to jump on these bandwagons (can't think of a nicer term but don't mean it theatrically) and then all of a sudden there is a deluge of people saying stuff that seems to show that the whole world is corrupt and perverted, and that clearly isn't so. But hey ho, I'll probably get verbals for this now.
    Do we know how much money was raised?? After all that is what it is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

Looked to me like the Taffs Well lads had been on the weights too much. About 8 of them had builds like rugby players !

Try Hafan must have made £30000 ish on the night which is quite incredible.

Proud of my club for doing this.

Nice exposure for the youngsters too and great to see players mixing with fans again.

Great for the village too

I had a special moment on the long walk home with my son after a few beers at the excellent Taffs Well rugby club, when my son became 18.

I’ve been so lucky to be able to share my passion for City with him over the years .

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm with you on that 100%. Its just that people like the guy in court now tend to jump on these bandwagons (can't think of a nicer term but don't mean it theatrically) and then all of a sudden there is a deluge of people saying stuff that seems to show that the whole world is corrupt and perverted, and that clearly isn't so. But hey ho, I'll probably get verbals for this now.
    Do we know how much money was raised?? After all that is what it is all about.
    Yes I spotted nos 20 subtle skills and movement .who was he?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I spotted nos 20 subtle skills and movement .who was he?
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?439674-Taz-Mayembe