What a talent.

Re: Coco Gauff

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    What a talent.
    Brilliant enjoyed that

Yep. A breath of fresh air.

fair play the crowd get behind the British players and great to know we've got a good one at last

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    fair play the crowd get behind the British players and great to know we've got a good one at last
    She’s American.

crowd must have been full of yanks then.kids from our council estate are queing up to play tennis in the park weve got a court see.no net mind but we've got a court and a basketball pitch can't wait for them to put in an ice hockey rink gets will flock there then

I watched it in a boozer(New Inn on Caerphilly road Birra Moretti ) there was a time in the 2nd set she looked down out and demoralised, but managed to claw her way back brilliantly, the crowd seemed massively behind her so must have affected the other girl who didn't seem to take the loss very well, if there is a downside to a young girl performing so brilliantly she could be at the top for too long making the tournaments predictable.

I thought it was a new perfume range?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought it was a new perfume range?
    CoCo Guff doesn't sound appealing.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I watched it in a boozer(New Inn on Caerphilly road Birra Moretti ) there was a time in the 2nd set she looked down out and demoralised, but managed to claw her way back brilliantly, the crowd seemed massively behind her so must have affected the other girl who didn't seem to take the loss very well, if there is a downside to a young girl performing so brilliantly she could be at the top for too long making the tournaments predictable.
    Seems to me that unlike the men’s the women’s game over the years has produced a lot of talented youngsters who have done well winning titles at a young age

It delayed the start of go fishing with Will Millard

They'll be asking her to have a testosterone test any time now.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    They'll be asking her to have a testosterone test any time now.

Won’t she be lonely having a test on her own ??

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Won’t she be lonely having a test on her own ??
    Don’t worry Martina Navratilova will be holding her hand every step of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    You're no 'Since 62'

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Seems to me that unlike the men’s the women’s game over the years has produced a lot of talented youngsters who have done well winning titles at a young age
    I guess physically there is less difference between a 15 year old girl and 25 year old woman than their male counterparts.

Just realized that sounds a bit pervy. I meant in terms of speed and strength

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I guess physically there is less difference between a 15 year old girl and 25 year old woman than their male counterparts.

Just realized that sounds a bit pervy. I meant in terms of speed and strength
    You are right, in some athletes early 20s would probably be their peak physical condition. Mentally of course this may not always be the case.

For a 15 year old to have won those 2 matches at a slam is still exceptional, I'd even think coming from a set down and 4-1 down in the second match is even more impressive than beating Venus.

I wonder if the 5 sets in slams hinders such breakthroughs in the men's game.

But mainly as you say men at 20 are often very different physically to that of when they were 15.