+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well that’s shocking. I can understand people being ignorant to mental health if they haven’t suffered themselves, but to have such an attitude to someone else’s mental health when you’ve suffered yourself is appalling.

If Snaggles really has suffered with mental health problems himself then he should be able to recognise what Tomlin is saying is no lie.

Lying awake at 2am, 3am overthinking things and getting yourself in a state, and worrying about things years in the future that you can do nothing about, then telling yourself suicide is the only way out a very common symptom of anxiety and depression.

Wether he goes on to do the business for City is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. His health is more important than football.

As it says in the article mental health doesn’t discriminate and it’s an absolute pathetic notion to suggest just because he’s been well paid he shouldn’t be suffering from mental health.

Shame on you Snaggles.

Good luck Lee Tomlin.
    Well said, I hope Lee Tomlin proves to be a major influence with us next season. I'm sure if he plays and plays well it will further help him. If not and he moves on I'd wish him good luck, he's still a Bluebird.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well that’s shocking. I can understand people being ignorant to mental health if they haven’t suffered themselves, but to have such an attitude to someone else’s mental health when you’ve suffered yourself is appalling.

If Snaggles really has suffered with mental health problems himself then he should be able to recognise what Tomlin is saying is no lie.

Lying awake at 2am, 3am overthinking things and getting yourself in a state, and worrying about things years in the future that you can do nothing about, then telling yourself suicide is the only way out a very common symptom of anxiety and depression.

Wether he goes on to do the business for City is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. His health is more important than football.

As it says in the article mental health doesn’t discriminate and it’s an absolute pathetic notion to suggest just because he’s been well paid he shouldn’t be suffering from mental health.

Shame on you Snaggles.

Good luck Lee Tomlin.
    Spot on mate.

If Tomlin beats depression then anything he does or doesn't do in a Cardiff shirt is not important.

Well done Tomlin on battling your demons. That deserves more respect than banging in a goal from 30 yards.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    And now you live in the fantastic land of Azerbaijan, where any dissenters are killed. Wanker.
    Actually I live in Cardiff. Tosser!! How many reincarnations on this board is that now?#

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Actually I live in Cardiff. Tosser!! How many reincarnations on this board is that now?#
    You have your location as Baku, Azerbaijan. So, you make up where you live, and then accuse others of making up their own issues. Turd.

In this case I simply believe that the timing and the publicising is a little too convenient, given his previous track record of failing to deliver, and his or his agents wish to show everyone the new Tomlin. As I have already said numerous times, I sincerely hope I am wrong......
    You are so stupid it's staggering.

You have repeatedly stated you don't believe Tomlin is telling the truth when he says he's been battling mental health issues. Bizarrely, you've suggested it's a 'convenient' story and has been cooked up by him and his agent to garner 'sympathy'. So how does that work exactly? Do you genuinely believe an admission by a professional footballer that he's suffered mental health problems would enhance his chances of getting a move to another club? Or do you think Tomlin's trying to improve his standing at his current club by lying while name-checking people like Warnock, Bellamy, Harvey and even the club's secretary? Have you actually thought about the crap you're spouting at all?

Staggeringly, you've said you don't think Tomlin's telling the truth before adding "I sincerely hope I'm wrong." That pretty much sums you up.

I posted this yesterday which just goes to show what an idiot he is!
    "Too true, I see that Xsnaggle is saying that he himself has suffered with mental health problems, I see that posters on here have taken him at his word, I would have thought he would do the same regarding Tomlin"

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You are so stupid it's staggering.

You have repeatedly stated you don't believe Tomlin is telling the truth when he says he's been battling mental health issues. Bizarrely, you've suggested it's a 'convenient' story and has been cooked up by him and his agent to garner 'sympathy'. So how does that work exactly? Do you genuinely believe an admission by a professional footballer that he's suffered mental health problems would enhance his chances of getting a move to another club? Or do you think Tomlin's trying to improve his standing at his current club by lying while name-checking people like Warnock, Bellamy, Harvey and even the club's secretary? Have you actually thought about the crap you're spouting at all?

Staggeringly, you've said you don't think Tomlin's telling the truth before adding "I sincerely hope I'm wrong." That pretty much sums you up.
    Yes, and I still won't believe he will perform better until I see it. He has failed too often before. It is ax simple as that. Get over it.

Yes, and I still won't believe he will perform better until I see it. He has failed too often before. It is ax simple as that. Get over it.
    What’s him performing better got to do with it? How would that even make anything clear?

It's not about him playing well, it's your refusal to believe he's telling the truth about a mental illness based on... I dunno, looking at photos of him, I guess.

It is as simple as that.
    The only simple thing in this thread is you. Your reasoning is seriously flawed and your ignorance is pitiful, but judging by the rest of the crap you post on this board that shouldn't come as any great surprise.

Talk of doubling down. Man admits he has mental health issues, you talk about his performance in his job. Football ain't that important. Get over it.

Xsnaggle you are absolutely embarrassing.

Saying a guy you don't know doesn't strike you as suicidal despite later talking about your own struggles with mental health, how insensitive can you be? You seem more concerned about how well he's going to perform at Wigan rather than caring about his well-being, football is not important at all. Then you try the "woe is me, everyone is bullying me" - you're talking nonsense and getting rightly called out for it. With some of the other dodgy posts you've made on this board I can't say I'm am surprised.

It's important to recognise that if you're feeling that Xsnaggle has been unkind and overly judgemental then you make sure your replies don't go over the top and follow suit. We all have mental health.

Yes he’s been an arse but it’s been pointed out enough, give him a break.

TLG has already done a good enough job with the simple post anyway

as long as he continues to double down then he's open for criticism. anyway he doesn't strike me as the type to be hurt by the replies he's getting

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    as long as he continues to double down then he's open for criticism. anyway he doesn't strike me as the type to be hurt by the replies he's getting
    Another one who will be looking for a new username soon enough, like so many before him.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's important to recognise that if you're feeling that Xsnaggle has been unkind and overly judgemental then you make sure your replies don't go over the top and follow suit. We all have mental health.

We do, and it doesn’t matter if you earn £100 a week or £50,000 a week. You won’t enjoy a penny of it if you are struggling with life

Its all getting rather silly now. It's like pick on the kid everyone else is picking on.
    Let's be honest, here. You've been a complete arsehole throughout the thread. People are going to go for you. The fact that you're the only one who cannot see this says everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let's be honest, here. You've been a complete arsehole throughout the thread. People are going to go for you. The fact that you're the only one who cannot see this says everything.
    Maybe he's not the only one who thinks it but is the only one who's said it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Proves all the more he's an idiot for saying it. Always better if you think stupid things like that to keep them quiet.

There are a number of users of this board who have come on here looking for help, and have received it, regarding many aspects of mental health, are you calling them liars as well? As your proof of them lying is the same as your proof of Tomlin lying - feck all.

It’s not a case of perform well and he’s telling the truth, but perform badly and he’s lying. We all hope he performs well irrespective of his mental health, but more importantly we all (maybe not you) hope his mental health is ok irrespective of his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Why wouldn’t they say it though? Do these people also not think the club has a psychologist who’ll deal with stuff like this and everyone’s just had the wool pulled over their eyes?

You misunderstand. I do normally take people at their word until they show me they are not entirely honest. My only problem with this thing is that after years of failing to produce the goods he has been paid substantial amounts to produce and perhaps the realisation that he isn't going to get away with it any longer, this story emerges in the press telling us how we should all feel sorry for him.
    I think it is driven by his agent and/or him to gain sympathy while he tries to show he is giving the commitment he has so clearly lacked for years in the past.

as I have said and repeated. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but, (and it is a big but for me) after years of failing to deliver I will not believe it until it happens and is sustained. If and when I am proved wrong i'll be the first to admit it, and I'll be more than happy to do so, particularly if he is delivering for the club on the pitch! Lets wait and see shall we?
    'You think' yet know feck all. Thankfully, clubs don't go by what fans 'think'.

Basically, you know shag all but will second guess what the player and agent is up to.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Steve Coogan's depiction of Alan Partridge as a Toblerone fiend (as revealed in his "autobiography") struck a bit of a chord with me because I do have a degree of cynicism when it comes to people in the public eye having to get the details of their mental issues "out there" for us all to read or hear about. I'd also say that I've definitely been quite hard on Lee Tomlin because I feel there is nothing worse in professional sport than wasted talent as careers are frittered away through self indulgence - I was all for getting him off our books if we possibly could.

That said, the Daily Mail article has made me change my mind about Tomlin - I believe him, simple as that. If those who see him training every day at the club believe there has been a significant change in Tomlin's mental approach (he genuinely looks to have made big efforts to improve his physical fitness), then I say get him in the first team squad as soon as possible - he would be a great option to have on the bench because, at his best, he would give us something that we don't have at the moment, he'd be like a new signing for us.
    I agree this is my take on it, good luck Tomlin, if you try every City fan will be 100% behind you this season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I agree this is my take on it, good luck Tomlin, if you try every City fan will be 100% behind you this season!!!
    99.9%