Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 76

Thread: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

  1. #1
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,977

    Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    A very interesting and revealing story here about Tomlin. Sounds like he was in a very dark place but now through it - with help from Warnock, club staff, Bellamy and others.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-torment.html

    Maybe this time the pre-season optimism is different?

  2. #2

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Sounds like the club have done right by him

  3. #3

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Didnít know how bad things had got for Lee. Good to read heís feeling better.

  4. #4

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    I dread to think of the things he has done wrong, but I firmly believe Bellamy is a net positive influence and I hope we can find a way to benefit from his strengths.

  5. #5
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    The north of England is a very dark place.
    Believe me I lived there and married some
    one from there.

  6. #6
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.
    I think he is a man who does as little as possible to get as much as possible.

    If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    See how committed he is then

  7. #7

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.
    I think he is a man who does as little as possible to get as much as possible.

    If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    See how committed he is then
    He obviously made up his stories about suicidal feelings and a suicide attempt then.

  8. #8
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He obviously made up his stories about suicidal feelings and a suicide attempt then.
    Yup. I think that is exactly what he, and his agent, have done.
    Maybe looking down the barrel of a potential release by City.
    I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!

  9. #9

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yup. I think that is exactly what he, and his agent, have done.
    Maybe looking down the barrel of a potential release by City.
    I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!
    What evidence do you have to effectively call him a liar in respect of such a serious subject? And would Warnock have been so understanding about Tomlin's predicament if the guy was just a layabout?

  10. #10
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What evidence do you have to effectively call him a liar in respect of such a serious subject? And would Warnock have been so understanding about Tomlin's predicament if the guy was just a layabout?
    What evidence do you have that he is telling the truth and is reformed?

    He crashed a car on the M69 and "never told anyone about it, just went out the next day and bought a new one".
    What are the chances that a professional footballer could do this without the police getting involved (The do notice crashed cars on motorways eventually) and/or no press getting a sniff of it?

    as I said, I'll believe his reformation when I see evidence of it. you can bookmark this if you want!!

  11. #11

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yup. I think that is exactly what he, and his agent, have done.
    Maybe looking down the barrel of a potential release by City.
    I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!
    What about the part where he says this has been going on for a while and Warnock has been aware of it and helping him the entire time? You're making it sound like they've cooked up this plan recently

  12. #12

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What evidence do you have that he is telling the truth and is reformed?

    He crashed a car on the M69 and "never told anyone about it, just went out the next day and bought a new one".
    What are the chances that a professional footballer could do this without the police getting involved (The do notice crashed cars on motorways eventually) and/or no press getting a sniff of it?

    as I said, I'll believe his reformation when I see evidence of it. you can bookmark this if you want!!
    I don't need evidence as the question was about you accusing him of lying. He may possibly be doing so but to be so adamant that he is lying about things suicidal would be horrendous if you were wrong. And the fact that he may resort to how he was doesn't prove anything, as such. If his problem was indeed about mental health it's not something that could be perfectly resolved.

  13. #13

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.
    I think he is a man who does as little as possible to get as much as possible.

    If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    See how committed he is then
    Fecking hell, youíre on one tonight ainít you? First you insinuate that sexual molestation is blown out of proportion, and now that Lee Tomlin has made up his battles with his mental health and suicidal thoughts, whatís next in your firing line?

  14. #14
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Fecking hell, you’re on one tonight ain’t you? First you insinuate that sexual molestation is blown out of proportion, and now that Lee Tomlin has made up his battles with his mental health and suicidal thoughts, what’s next in your firing line?
    I'm not "on one" I just get sick sometimes of the current trend that gives people an "out" for any kind of behavior. It is only in the last few years all these accusations and things have surfaced. I am not saying this shit didn't go on but I sometimes question whether a lot of people jump on the wagon to justify their own problems.
    Now you can say what you want in respect to that, it is only my own thoughts. But what ever you do say is unlikely to sway my opinion.

  15. #15
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't need evidence as the question was about you accusing him of lying. He may possibly be doing so but to be so adamant that he is lying about things suicidal would be horrendous if you were wrong. And the fact that he may resort to how he was doesn't prove anything, as such. If his problem was indeed about mental health it's not something that could be perfectly resolved.
    Don't use the "I don't need evidence" thing. Its like saying "He must be telling the truth because he said it first".
    I disagree with what you said. I don't have to 'prove' anything. The man will prove or disprove it himself by what he does from here on. But I wouldn't bet on your interpretation.

    I did not say I was adamant he was lying, I said I don't believe it. He does not strike me as suicidal, but I'm sure your knowledge and insight is greater than mine. Shall we just wait and see?

    By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!

    Like I said, bookmark it!

  16. #16

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yup. I think that is exactly what he, and his agent, have done.
    Maybe looking down the barrel of a potential release by City.
    I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!
    Okay you donít but it and thats your opinion.
    However I trust Warnock has bought it hence why heís stuck with the player.
    I trust the clubs opinion having been close to the player as opposed to a MB poster sharing their opinion on a whim.

  17. #17

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    We can't be far from "how can he be depressed earning thousands a week". Go on xsnaggle, let's have it.

  18. #18

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I dread to think of the things he has done wrong, but I firmly believe Bellamy is a net positive influence and I hope we can find a way to benefit from his strengths.
    That's not going to happen. He's left the club.

  19. #19

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He does not strike me as suicidal, but I'm sure your knowledge and insight is greater than mine.
    An old mate of mine hung himself on June 18th. I attended his funeral yesterday. None of his family or closest friends had any idea he was in such a desperate frame of mind, including people who saw him, talked to him and interacted with him just days before he killed himself.

    I was going to say I hope that information provides you with something to think about as regards mental health, but the evidence of your comments on this message board suggest you won't think about it at all because you're a ****ing idiot.

  20. #20

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yup. I think that is exactly what he, and his agent, have done.
    Maybe looking down the barrel of a potential release by City.
    I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!
    What a horrible thing to say, and unfortunately one of many horrible comments you've made throughout this thread

    I sincerely hope you come to regret them when you re-read them

  21. #21

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    xsnaggle does ask a valid question though when he asks.. "By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!"

    I would also like him to commit to moving to the area. However, it could be argued that staying with his family in Leceistershire has attributed to his well-being and new peace of mind.

  22. #22

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    An old mate of mine hung himself on June 18th. I attended his funeral yesterday. None of his family or closest friends had any idea he was in such a desperate frame of mind, including people who saw him, talked to him and interacted with him just days before he killed himself.

    I was going to say I hope that information provides you with something to think about as regards mental health, but the evidence of your comments on this message board suggest you won't think about it at all because you're a ****ing idiot.
    Totally agree with you he is a ****ing idiot, he has no idea whatsoever!

  23. #23

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Steve Coogan's depiction of Alan Partridge as a Toblerone fiend (as revealed in his "autobiography") struck a bit of a chord with me because I do have a degree of cynicism when it comes to people in the public eye having to get the details of their mental issues "out there" for us all to read or hear about. I'd also say that I've definitely been quite hard on Lee Tomlin because I feel there is nothing worse in professional sport than wasted talent as careers are frittered away through self indulgence - I was all for getting him off our books if we possibly could.

    That said, the Daily Mail article has made me change my mind about Tomlin - I believe him, simple as that. If those who see him training every day at the club believe there has been a significant change in Tomlin's mental approach (he genuinely looks to have made big efforts to improve his physical fitness), then I say get him in the first team squad as soon as possible - he would be a great option to have on the bench because, at his best, he would give us something that we don't have at the moment, he'd be like a new signing for us.

  24. #24

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    xsnaggle does ask a valid question though when he asks.. "By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!"

    I would also like him to commit to moving to the area.
    Do you feel the same about the manager?

  25. #25

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Yv
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    xsnaggle does ask a valid question though when he asks.. "By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!"

    I would also like him to commit
    to moving to the area. However, it could be argued that staying with his family in Leceistershire has attributed to his well-being and new peace of mind.

    So you state he has a “valid question”, then you dismiss this so called “valid question”, with the sensible sentence “maybe being at home has attributed to his well being” !! Strange !!!!

    Which way is it, valid or dismissible ????

    X has definitely let himself down here

  26. #26
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Folks, don't misunderstand me, I hope I'm wrong just as much as you do. It's just that I doubt it. I seriously doubt it.
    I seem to recall after he joined us from Bristol everyone was saying he was much fitter, looking the part etc but he didn't deliver consistently.
    Someone just said perhaps being at home contributes to his well being yet for the whole of his time at this club people have castigated him for not making a commitment by moving here. Why has that suddenly changed?
    AS for TLG's comment - I do understand mental health problems. I had a massive mental breakdown in 1992 and I had a relapse 3 years later. It took me about 8 years to get myself straight. In the end I had to make them sign me off the sick or I might still be on it.
    But as TOBW says, I didn't feel the need to go out and broadcast it to the world, I just worked my way through it all in my head and I am a much better more relaxed person now and life is good.

    TONW nailed it with his comment "I believe him, simple as that" basically saying he has no evidence to believe him but has a feeling
    its true. Well I don't believe him, simple as that.

    He has had so many chances to deliver and not done so, so this time until he does for me nothing has changed. Again I will say, I sincerely hope I'm wrong, I just doubt!!

  27. #27
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,298

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Seems everyone suddenly changed their minds, funny that!

    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...is-possibility

  28. #28

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you feel the same about the manager?
    I'd never given it any thought before, but now you've asked.. yes, it would be a positive if the manager relocated here too.

  29. #29

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Seems everyone suddenly changed their minds, funny that!

    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...is-possibility
    Why is it Ďfunnyí? If you accept what Tomlin says in The Mail article, as most people seem to do, it of course influences how you think about how heís struggled here.

  30. #30

    Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Yv


    So you state he has a “valid question”, then you dismiss this so called “valid question”, with the sensible sentence “maybe being at home has attributed to his well being” !! Strange !!!!

    Which way is it, valid or dismissible ????

    X has definitely let himself down here

    I didn't dismiss his question at all, I endorsed it. I used the words ""it could be argued" meaning I fully expect people would put forward that as a counter argument, not by me but others.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •