+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

A very interesting and revealing story here about Tomlin. Sounds like he was in a very dark place but now through it - with help from Warnock, club staff, Bellamy and others.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...h-torment.html

Maybe this time the pre-season optimism is different?

Re: Lee Tomlin - mental health crisis over

Sounds like the club have done right by him

Didn’t know how bad things had got for Lee. Good to read he’s feeling better.

International

I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.
    I think he is a man who does as little as possible to get as much as possible.

If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    See how committed he is then

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't believe a word of it. If he was motivated and interested he wouldn't be insisting on living so far away.

If he is committed the City should say move here train properly and if you get fat you don't get paid.
    He obviously made up his stories about suicidal feelings and a suicide attempt then.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He obviously made up his stories about suicidal feelings and a suicide attempt then.
    Yup. I think that is exactly what he, and his agent, have done.
    Maybe looking down the barrel of a potential release by City.
    I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!

I will believe his reincarnation as a dedicated player when he delivers it. He has spectacularly failed ot do it yet!!
    What evidence do you have to effectively call him a liar in respect of such a serious subject? And would Warnock have been so understanding about Tomlin's predicament if the guy was just a layabout?

What about the part where he says this has been going on for a while and Warnock has been aware of it and helping him the entire time? You're making it sound like they've cooked up this plan recently

I dread to think of the things he has done wrong, but I firmly believe Bellamy is a net positive influence and I hope we can find a way to benefit from his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I dread to think of the things he has done wrong, but I firmly believe Bellamy is a net positive influence and I hope we can find a way to benefit from his strengths.
    That's not going to happen. He's left the club.

International

The north of England is a very dark place.
    Believe me I lived there and married some
    one from there.

The north of England is a very dark place.
    Believe me I lived there and married some
    one from there.
    And now you live in the fantastic land of Azerbaijan, where any dissenters are killed. Wanker.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    And now you live in the fantastic land of Azerbaijan, where any dissenters are killed. Wanker.
    Actually I live in Cardiff. Tosser!! How many reincarnations on this board is that now?#

Actually I live in Cardiff. Tosser!! How many reincarnations on this board is that now?#
    You have your location as Baku, Azerbaijan. So, you make up where you live, and then accuse others of making up their own issues. Turd.

Fecking hell, you’re on one tonight ain’t you? First you insinuate that sexual molestation is blown out of proportion, and now that Lee Tomlin has made up his battles with his mental health and suicidal thoughts, what’s next in your firing line?

International

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Fecking hell, you’re on one tonight ain’t you? First you insinuate that sexual molestation is blown out of proportion, and now that Lee Tomlin has made up his battles with his mental health and suicidal thoughts, what’s next in your firing line?
    I'm not "on one" I just get sick sometimes of the current trend that gives people an "out" for any kind of behavior. It is only in the last few years all these accusations and things have surfaced. I am not saying this shit didn't go on but I sometimes question whether a lot of people jump on the wagon to justify their own problems.
    Now you can say what you want in respect to that, it is only my own thoughts. But what ever you do say is unlikely to sway my opinion.

Okay you don’t but it and thats your opinion.
    However I trust Warnock has bought it hence why he’s stuck with the player.
    I trust the clubs opinion having been close to the player as opposed to a MB poster sharing their opinion on a whim.

We can't be far from "how can he be depressed earning thousands a week". Go on xsnaggle, let's have it.

What a horrible thing to say, and unfortunately one of many horrible comments you've made throughout this thread

I sincerely hope you come to regret them when you re-read them

xsnaggle does ask a valid question though when he asks.. "By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!"

I would also like him to commit to moving to the area. However, it could be argued that staying with his family in Leceistershire has attributed to his well-being and new peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    xsnaggle does ask a valid question though when he asks.. "By the way has he moved to Cardiff or is he still planning to commute? A little evidence of commitment would be nice!"

I would also like him to commit to moving to the area.
    Do you feel the same about the manager?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you feel the same about the manager?
    I'd never given it any thought before, but now you've asked.. yes, it would be a positive if the manager relocated here too.

I'd never given it any thought before, but now you've asked.. yes, it would be a positive if the manager relocated here too.
    Neil Warnock aand his wife been living in Ogmore bye sea since he signed for us, without actually selling his house I would say he has relocated!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Neil Warnock aand his wife been living in Ogmore bye sea since he signed for us, without actually selling his house I would say he has relocated!
    I didn't know where he lived to be honest. When the other poster asked me if I felt the same about the manager relocating too, I assumed from that line of questioning that he didn't live in the area.

I thought he had - doesnt he live in Ogmore with his wife during season time ? Thats only just over 20 miles away from the ground.